Help with hotmail

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Zeduck

Help with hotmail

Post by Zeduck » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:32 am

Anyone know what to do when you think your Hotmail account has been hacked and cannot get in.

Filled out a form & sent to customer support..but would take a while for anything to happen with that i'd guess? :rolleyes:

And seeing its a free account you are probably f****d anyway, unless someone starts sending abusive emails.
Last edited by Zeduck on Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zeduck - 34B Hawkeyes

Zeduck

Re: Help with hotmail

Post by Zeduck » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:13 am

What am slightly confused about however is I go to hotmail.com and it comes up with my email to sign in, I click and it comes up with the boxes for your email & password (as cleared my cookies), I enter some jargon letters/numbers as a password and it comes up saying either your email or password is incorrect, please enter your password again.

So then I enter what my password actually was..
And it comes up a loading screen that seems to refresh itself about 5 times without ever truely loading, like it is trying to check my login credentials or something.

And it comes up with

" The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
This site may be experiencing a problem
The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site."

Also when you are signed in under one Windows Live ID and say you sign into msn on another id and click to check your emails from via msn, it will come up saying you are already signed into one account and need to sign out of it before you can sign into the other account, it is saying I am currently signed in under my email that I can't get in.

But I also managed to find the old hotmail sign in screen & when I enter my password it does not work O_o
Zeduck - 34B Hawkeyes

The Game

Post by The Game » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:10 am

Windows Live is still in its baby days, I find I get disconnected lots while reading messages aswell as unable to access my account sometimes and I have to click a link..how did you get hacked anyhow?
-The Game

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:46 am

Bah, gmail is the way to go. :B
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Zeduck

Post by Zeduck » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:01 am

Well seems everything was sorted now

Go to try sign in today and it comes up saying your password has expired, please enter & re-enter a new password :crazy:

So that is sorted, dunno what was up last night.

But the fact that it made me worry :I will make me move all my important emails elsewhere :D
Zeduck - 34B Hawkeyes

The Game

Post by The Game » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:48 am

Zeduck wrote:Well seems everything was sorted now

Go to try sign in today and it comes up saying your password has expired, please enter & re-enter a new password :crazy:

So that is sorted, dunno what was up last night.

But the fact that it made me worry :I will make me move all my important emails elsewhere :D
Have you tried Windows Live Mail? Its a version of Outlook with much better graphics.
-The Game

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:54 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:Bah, gmail is the way to go. :B
Hate to say it, I agree with Aaza on that one.