Battlefield 2 .... for those who still have it .

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
hawkins

Battlefield 2 .... for those who still have it .

Post by hawkins » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:05 pm

well if you haven't already given it away its time to dust it off re-install it and crank that :soapbox: back up again ....

i have recently downloaded the " project reality mod " and for those of you out there that think that sometimes fps are just run and spam games with no real strategy well ... without strat on this mod you wont get anywhere ....

there is still the usual cars trucks etc to play in choppers make a return but spawn times for all these vehicles are massive .. some times up to 30min ...map are huge well detailed and still obviously bf2 type graphics ( think jalalabad x4 ) there are limited amounts of kits ... so you cant get a full squad of snipers ...

so many different aspects to the game that make it very very hard ... oh .. no tags ( unless you watch for a long time ) no mini map showing enemy ...

so thats enough random dribble but if you ever played bf2 and enjoyed it etc ... you have to check this mod out ...

just google project reality mod and you should find both d/l and details of game inc a vid i believe ...

check it out . its a must see imho
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

Riftcreator

Re: Battlefield 2 .... for those who still have it .

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:39 am

Used to play a little of the PR mod back when it first came out, damn hard game if you're into something fast paced. Still well worth the download though _b I hear the latest version is miles better and really makes teamwork important.

Might have another go at it after the TC-65 league is done :)

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Do you still have to empty 3/4 of a clip of m4 goodness to get 1 kill :rolleyes: I dropped BF2 after a while as the "balance of weapons" wasn't to my liking... Do stinger missiles actually hit and kill aircraft this time? o_O
Admire the fur

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:51 pm

If you're in a J10, nothing can hit you :D
I've almost given up on BF2, just can't be bothered trying to get the last medal/award. Might have a wee play tonight though.

What name did you play under Sas? This is me --> http://bf2s.com/player/43998153/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:29 am

Sasquatch wrote:... I dropped BF2 after a while as the "balance of weapons" wasn't to my liking...
Sas is just upset it only takes a single tank round to the cockpit to bring him down. ;) :larf:

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Sasquatch wrote:Do you still have to empty 3/4 of a clip of m4 goodness to get 1 kill :rolleyes: I dropped BF2 after a while as the "balance of weapons" wasn't to my liking... Do stinger missiles actually hit and kill aircraft this time? o_O
This is -nothing- like BF2 (aside from using the same engine obviously) - its called Project Reality for a reason, a couple of well placed bullets will kill.
And if i remember correctly there are no de-fibs to magically revive you, although there are limited bandages to stop the bleeding if you get hit in a non-fatal kinda way.
Halo Racing

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Noon416 wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:... I dropped BF2 after a while as the "balance of weapons" wasn't to my liking...
Sas is just upset it only takes a single tank round to the cockpit to bring him down. ;) :larf:
Yeah well, your wife said you were shooting blanks so imagine my surprise ;) ;p
Admire the fur

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
Noon416 wrote:
Yeah well, your wife said you were shooting blanks so imagine my surprise ;) ;p
So you mean another guy got you knocked up then Sas? :larf:

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:20 pm

he he he, nice volley Sas. _b :p