Bad Company 2 - PC Beta

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
Bull

Bad Company 2 - PC Beta

Post by Bull » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 pm

PC Beta is due out in the next couple of days, and Im not too sure about other retailers but from the email I just got from MightyApe If you pre-order it you will get a Beta code for it _b

Aaron

Re: Bad Company 2 - PC Beta

Post by Aaron » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 pm

yeah I get free beta key through the beta tournament just wondering how im gonna go with my cap and downloading it.

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Woo, just got given my Beta code ... not available for download until tomorrow though :(

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:42 pm

lol no preorder and I now have 4 beta keys :D

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Aaron wrote:lol no preorder and I now have 4 beta keys :D
You know how I love you and always adored you........................ ;)

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Feel free to pass a code my way please and thank you Aaron. :>
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:48 pm

dont have any left.

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:48 pm

Heres my skilled parking against a building in my first attempt at flying a chopper on BC2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:24 am

Very well done.

Now where's my Beta code!!!!!
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Tyrone

Post by Tyrone » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:39 pm

OMG M24 ! PWNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:56 pm

squad up with a good tank gunner/driver and go with them = 50+ kills and 2 deaths :P thats my best so far. Apache gunning isnt too bad.

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:33 am

Ive just finished the entire SP campaign. Great stuff. Thougth you might like some screenies I took just to keep you going until retail release. 8)

Ive just copied the thread from over at SCu

Firstly the graphics are really good. On par with Crysis and Far Cry. I was really impressed. The screenies cant show you just how well the lighting, smoke, bloom etc works in game. I was running at 1920 by 1200 with everything maxed out except AA was at 2x and I was averaging about 50fps. If you have the grunt then this game really looks the goods.

Again gameplay actually was a pleasant surprise. I was thinking the SP would be just an add on to pad out the MP. However it played really well, the AI are a lot of fun. No more hiding behind a wall or inside a house to recover or plan a sneaky snipe as the AI will blow the wall out from in front of you. The way the dust and noise disorientates you in those big explosions is nicely done as well.

The firefights are fun as similiar to the MP you can enter any building even if the door is locked. Simply shoot it out or blow a wall out and walk inside.

I'm really enjoying it as there is a good variety of scenarios and terrain, much like COD. in any event the SP plays well and will keep me busy until I can pick up my MP copy from EB games on Thursday

SCu - the original

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:34 am

Heres the link to the entire thread which has some full 1920 by 1200 res screenies I took in game, they look stunning....you'll see _b

http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2252

Almost everyone over at SCU will be getting it so if anyone of you want to grab a copy and come join us then the more the merrier.
SCu - the original

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 am

For me this is the next game I will be playing and played a lot of hours in the beta but found the lack of optimising quite laggy for me. What computer specs were you running while you played? Not long till release and really dont want to upgrade pc.

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:48 am

Im definately buying

I noticed a good frame increase by adding +fullproc to the target on the shortcut Aaron (on the beta that is) which forces the game to use both CPUs if your on a dual core, went from 30 ish up to 90 straight away, and from what Ive heard the Release day one will be optimized even further.

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:33 pm

oh man ..... sadly my comp wont handle this ... gutted really ive been looking forward to the new installment of battlefield for ever .... still play bf2 from time to time
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Aaron wrote:For me this is the next game I will be playing and played a lot of hours in the beta but found the lack of optimising quite laggy for me. What computer specs were you running while you played? Not long till release and really dont want to upgrade pc.
My PC specs

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 running @ 3.6GHz
GPU: Nividia GTX 295
Mobo: ASUS P6T X58
Ram: Kingston 6GB 1333MHz DDR3
HDD: Weston Digital 300GB Velociraptor and Weston Digital 1TB HDD

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with latest Nvida drivers. It cracks 21,660 on 3D mark vantage.

Turning off Anti Aliasing gives me big FPS increase but I run with 2x AA at 1920 by 1200 as it looks fantastic and plays at 40 to 50 FPS. There are some good tweaks already up for turning off the bloom effects (which I think in the SP look fantastic but ..) which will give you a bunch more frames. It is very scalable in terms of graphics so everyone should be able to find a playable balance.

NB: This full version myself and Snake have been playing does play better than the beta and there will be a large patch out on retail release (this Thursday here in OZ).

SCu will be fielding decent sized groups every week so please feel free to join us.
SCu - the original

2LO

Post by 2LO » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:56 pm

I have a:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2ghz
2gb ddr2 ram
Nvidia 9500gt 1gb Gfx card
Some Mobo (dont know how to find out what it is?)
and Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

And this run the Beta at a steady 40 fps i think with quite high detail/AA etc etc
So i will definitly be getting the Full Version _b
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:58 pm

I did find this interview with DICE, didnt watch it as someone summarised it (read below).

http://www.fragcast.org/?p=672
Feedback on Beta

* There will be no PC Demo, but the game will be monitored extensively at release in order to make sure Beta issues are resolved
* Weapon damage problems will be resolved in the final release
* Troggle strafe and crouch is being looked into as a serious possibility
* The developers have been looking on YouTube, Twitter, and the forums to check out how the players develop these new methods of exploits

DLC and Post Release Patches

* The team for BC2 will not leave for other games, they will continue to support BC2 and there is a huge post-release plan that will be set into play next Wendesday
* Bad Company 2 will have extensive internal testing before any patches are out, allowing for a more streamlined patch release as well as compatibility
* The balance of the game will be the primary focal point for the developers, any things that could bring this balance out of sync will warrant action from the developers team.

What competitive gamers and clans should expect

* The game has been balanced for players that are new to the BF series, many ways to go about this was the reduction of the amount of kit choices in order to prevent them from being overwhelmed
* Many different new game modes have been added to allow people with varying playing styles to find their favorite game type
* Older gametypes might be added depending on what the community feels is necessary
* Killcam has been added, but it can be disabled in the PC server settings, not in console ones though
* Battle Recorder and Mods have not been officially announced, but depending on the feedback given by the community and the needs of the many, these could quickly come into play.
* The DICE development team is not beyond working with exception modders and third party developers in order to create a game that defies all expectations
* The DICE developers felt it would not be in the interest of the community to be producing peer2peer systems which would not provide for stable gameplay as well as decent online performance.
* Global Stats are being worked on internally by DICE, and depending on what is setup it will be run by DICE themselves on their website

PC Development and Community involvement

* PC and Console games are generally developed side by side now a days due to the commonality of the engine which allows three games to made simultaneously with special care taken by the PC developers to incorporate the PC specific features ranging from graphics, sound, input and many other things
* A lot of DICE developers are active on YouTube, Twitter, and the EA forums, Anders wanted to emphasis that when posting on the forums, it is much more likely to be heard on the forums if you try to provide constructive criticism with reasoning and support why.
* Their developers want to engage in fruitful dialogue with the players, if you have a legitimate problem with the game in terms of compatibility, exploits and such, let them know!
* Girl characters are a possibility the DICE team has wanted to made a possibility for quite a while, unfortunately it keeps getting moved on to the "next game." Hopefully it gets released soon.
* Unofficial Server Files are still in discussion, and depending on the demand of the game and the ability to feel comfortable with such a program to give the community what they need, they will release it accordingly.

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm

i use this lil doo dacki to see if i could run it ...

i fail miserably at recomended and still fail at lower end lol
i dont know my comp specs id say at a glance ... crap lol,

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 pm

hawkins wrote:i use this lil doo dacki to see if i could run it ...

i fail miserably at recomended and still fail at lower end lol
i dont know my comp specs id say at a glance ... crap lol,

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx
System Requirements Lab will fail you if you dont have enough HD space lol.

The game isnt the most demanding game ever, pretty much a Dual Core, 2gb RAM and a semi decent Graphics card (8800GT or above) will run it

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
Graphics memory: 256MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
Graphics memory: 512MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Brutal

Post by Brutal » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I'm buying when I get the cash :larf:

2LO

Post by 2LO » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:20 pm

On that link that Hawkins supplied mine came through as a Pass and its 3/4 of the way between minimum and recommended/.. So im good _b
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Brutal

Post by Brutal » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Mine will run it, but I need an upgraded GFX card to run on full :(