BC2 Update!

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
2LO

BC2 Update!

Post by 2LO » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am

Very sizable download took me a while to patch up but i got there.

MP – New Server browser
MP – Added 15 second spawn timer for Conquest/Rush gamemodes at the start of round to prevent high end machines getting the upper hand before other machines load in.
MP – Crash fixes relating to ALT+TAB at different times throughout the game
MP – Hang fix when trying to connect to a full server multiple times
MP – Deletion of soldiers now possible through the account pages in game
MP – Removed screen flash during loading
MP – Added support for colour blind players
MP – Fixed crashes relating to faulty server banners
MP – Servers closing during connection no longer cause the client to hang
MP – Auto team swap reflects correctly in the scoreboard
MP – Fixed scoreboards when switching teams before spawning
MP – Rush scoreboards fixed
MP – Veteran ranks no longer display as “12”
MP – Isla Innocentes MCOM building fixed where knifing the fence would destroy the building
MP – Logout/Login button correctly reflects the player status
MP – Added minimum number of players needed to start a round (you can play and take objectives but you will get no score until 4 or more players join the server)
MP – Isla Inocentes welcome message on the loading screen now fits the text box area
MP – Reduced the brightness in Russian vehicles
MP – Medic gadgets now display correctly if the defib is not unlocked
MP – Server filter options are remembered
MP – Punkbuster filter now works as intended
MP – Scroll bar no longer overlays the Join Server button in the friends list panel
MP – CANCEL server refresh is implemented
MP – Zooming in on a friendly using the SAIGA no longer causes the crosshair to disappear
MP – The chat no longer displays the incorrect player name when appearing
MP – FoV switches to the default value of 55 when entering vehicles to prevent graphical glitches caused by wider FoV settings. The custom FoV returns when exiting vehicles.
MP – FoV no longer causes the UAV station to rotate
MP – Fix to correctly display the unlock progression at the end of round
MP – Chat functionality will no longer freeze after writing a partial message at the end of round
MP – One account can no longer connect to the same server multiple times
MP – Squad Death Match is correctly named during loading
MP – Server browser no longer gets a bad FPS when filtering Conquest
MP – Server info banners correctly clear between displays
MP – Setting display settings which the system hardware can not handle no longer makes the game unusable
MP – Correct camera collision for vehicles' heavy machine gun
MP – Game no longer crashes if the player sends a message in the loading screen
MP – Trying to join a full server no longer causes the game to hang on Please Wait message
MP – Most server filter options are remembered it doesn't remember the setting in dropdowns
MP – Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions
MP – Window on static guns is now transparent on DirectX 9 systems
SP – Fixed crashes when patching and trying to resume a campaign (there is now a message that you need to re-play the latest mission from the beginning)
SP – Fixed a crash after the “Upriver” mission end cinematic
SP – Supply create at “Resupply at Flynn’s create” objective now supplies weapon ammo
SP – Hang fix when reaching the objective “Destroy Enemy Zu23”
SP – Fixed hang after “Storm Cockpit” objective
SP – Changed melee attack raycast to be detailed
SP – Game no longer crashes when transitioning between SP_03B to SP_04A when installed in Polish
SP – Game no longer crashes when killed by the first two enemies in the trenches on SP_01 when installed in Italian
SP – Updating to R7 will invalidate your single player save game. If you update you will need to play your last mission from the start. If you do not update you will not be able to play multiplayer.

Here is the R10 Server changelist

Punkbuster is required ON for ranked servers
Ranked servers cannot be started with a password
Autobalance message goes to text-chat instead of in the middle of the screen
Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons – we are eagerly awaiting feedback!

We aren't going to tell you what weapon balance tweaks we have done, we want your unbiased views on the changes before we detail what has changed. You can discuss the changelist over on the official BFBC2 PC forums here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... rvers.html

WEAPON CHANGES

Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.
Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.
Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.
Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.
Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.
Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.

Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.
Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Bull

Re: BC2 Update!

Post by Bull » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:30 am

Looks like they changed just about everything cept for the guns I use :larf:

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:06 pm

the update from what I hear is okay, not looking forward to downloading twice for no reason... need to be able to download a proper .exe or something... means both me and my brother download a large update when if I just downloaded it it wouldn't be hard to flick it to him if it was an .exe. My only major nit pick for this game.

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:09 pm

I noticed a significant frame drop after this update. Was running a stead 70-80 and now down to as low as 30-40 now

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Server browser has had a massive improvement, can actually find good local servers now :)

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Bull wrote:I noticed a significant frame drop after this update. Was running a stead 70-80 and now down to as low as 30-40 now
what card are you running? ati are about to get decent drivers for this game in the 10.4 driver ones. You can pick them up in beta/hotfix ones atm but I don't touch them prefer to wait till proper release if I can.

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Yeah Im on a ATI Card. Hopefully the new drivers will fix it :)