KSR vs SCU shoot em up scrim

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
Harding Jr

KSR vs SCU shoot em up scrim

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Ok a few things we need to sort out before anything like this happens.

Firstly, what platform are we going to be playing on. I think BC2 would be the best and most common among both community's. Also more geared towards team work. But that's my opinion we are open to suggestions.

A time: We can cut out Monday's and Tuesday nights (before 10) with KSR racing taking place then. How about a Wednesday night starting at 9.30pm? How does that work for everyone?
(Gives time for dinner, finishing work for some etc.)

Any other things we need to worry about?

KSR boys keen:
Harding
Growler?
Aaron
Sasquatch
Jetboy
Aaza
0bsc3ne
2LO (If it's COD4 because he's to poor to play anything else).
Bull
Last edited by Harding Jr on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Growler

Re: KSR vs SCU shoot em up scrim

Post by Growler » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Did you wanna include SCU on this as well?
You could try Black Ops as well.
I would speak to Mattly

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 pm

any game always like stomping scu :larf:

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:03 am

I was expecting a bit more feedback than this. Maybe start with who's keen first?

I have no way or contacting them so I rely on others keeping them in the loop, Bull said if I got something organized he would be go and post on their forums. Maybe the SCU boys could join the KSR forum, considering that it's free and only takes a minute or two. _b

So for the platform we have options suggested so far as:
COD: Black Ops
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:24 am

i'm keen but i suspect SCu will not be to interested. The games you listed are considered 'out dated' now... I think they are big into test drive unlimited 2 now.
Admire the fur

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Would be keen for a shootup of the SCu boys as well, just have to convince either Mattly or Spanky and it'd probably happen as they seem to be the alpha-males over there lol

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:34 pm

I've added a "Who's keen" list to the first post. Hell if the SCU boys aren't keen to stick to one game long enough for us to smash them in then we might have enough people to shoot each other up in an in community battle royal.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:07 pm

I would be keen. Optimus still gets me punkbuster kicked on BC2 though so I can only play in any Black Ops stuff we do.

And how is Black Ops outdated? What more recent FPS is there?
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 pm

I can contact Mattly and post in the forum.
I'll see what feedback comes from it?

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Growler wrote:I can contact Mattly and post in the forum.
Better you than me ;p

I can almost smell the negativity that will result from such a post. They are NOT repeat NOT a clan so don't count on clan enthusiasm. Boony and I spent hundreds of hours organizing servers, settings, rules, organizing players, teams, and trying to keep most happy... never again from me. BUT, maybe someone else will have better results?
Admire the fur

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 pm

I'd be keen.

Last time we tried to do this 3 KSR guys showed up (Bull, Growler and Myself)........................

Maaz

Post by Maaz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
Growler wrote:I can contact Mattly and post in the forum.
Better you than me ;p

I can almost smell the negativity that will result from such a post. They are NOT repeat NOT a clan so don't count on clan enthusiasm. Boony and I spent hundreds of hours organizing servers, settings, rules, organizing players, teams, and trying to keep most happy... never again from me. BUT, maybe someone else will have better results?
Wow Sas, That's not exactly right. We get together and have fun but are not really a competitive group, more of a coop focus really. Can't see why people would be negative about it though.

Should be fun to catch up at the LAN and play a bit of this in person, someone else will organise the server ;)

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:I would be keen. Optimus still gets me punkbuster kicked on BC2 though so I can only play in any Black Ops stuff we do.

And how is Black Ops outdated? What more recent FPS is there?
send me a pm with some more details ill have a look/ ask around see if I can find you a fix.

2LO

Post by 2LO » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Go original and play CoD4, pretty much everyone's got it and it owns every new CoD out so far :D
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm

I have posted over at SCU and from thier ramblings I take it there are around 5 guys that are keen so far.
If this gets off the ground, the guys here that have shown interest had better front up - or else what credibility we have left would be non-existant.
The first thing is to agree on a game and then a time when everyone is availabe.
I have no issues if this was even on a Sunday afternoon.
Modern Warfare 2 is fairly stable and most people would have it - that would be my first choice followed by either BC3 or Black Ops.
Comments?

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Harding Jr wrote:I was expecting a bit more feedback than this. Maybe start with who's keen first?

I have no way or contacting them so I rely on others keeping them in the loop, Bull said if I got something organized he would be go and post on their forums. Maybe the SCU boys could join the KSR forum, considering that it's free and only takes a minute or two. _b

Most of the SCU guys have accounts here, most of them had them way before you :)

Strongly suggest you get organised as a no show counts as a loose!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:24 pm

UnbounD wrote:
Harding Jr wrote:I was expecting a bit more feedback than this. Maybe start with who's keen first?

Most of the SCU guys have accounts here, most of them had them way before you :)

Strongly suggest you get organised as a no show :censored: as a loose!
This is for a bit of fun man. Strongly suggesting anything to me means you are going to continue the organization of the event. Thaaaaank you :).

"Who's Keen" list has been updated.

Time:
Ruling out Monday and Tuesday nights with KSR leagues. Also Friday and Saturday nights because we have lives, women, speedway, beer to drink. Leaves us with our time table looking like this...

Monday - KSR League.
Tuesday - KSR League.
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday - Beer
Saturday - Speedway
Sunday -

An SCU person(s) will be able to help me out here, is there any dedicated night where an event takes place at your community, effectively ruling out a night. Also time wise. What hours do you guys generally game within. Is 8pm to early? is 10pm (as a estimate finish time) to late? This is stuff I need to take into account before setting a date and time.

Platform:

We have had suggestions of:
COD: MW2
COD4: MW

It seems quite a split decision here in the KSR camp with the core not really bothered. (I would prefer BC2 due to it being more team based). Do the SCU guys prefer any title? Have a bit of a chat amongst each other and see if there is a couple of suggestions you want to make as far as the game we are going play.

Harding.

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 am

The SCU guys normally play on a Monday night.
Either Wednesday or Sunday would be good.

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:51 am

Growler wrote:The SCU guys normally play on a Monday night.
Either Wednesday or Sunday would be good.
Correct Growler. We set aside Monday for what ever FPS is taking the Majority's fancy at that time. Wednesdays is usually set aside for what ever other game is of interest, but at present I think it would be hard to get most away from TDU2 at the moment. Maybe in a weeks time when the magpie tendencies start to kick in and they start to look for something else to play. But I'm certain you will get 6-7 guys showing up.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:12 am

Harding Jr wrote:
UnbounD wrote:

Strongly suggest you get organised as a no show :censored: as a loose!
This is for a bit of fun man. Strongly suggesting anything to me means you are going to continue the organization of the event. Thaaaaank you :).

Harding.
It was actually some smack talk, based on what happened last time (See Obscenes post). As someone who ACTUALLY HAS spent hours organising leagues, I think I will pass on the offer.

Having no server package for BF2 kinda rules it out as we found even when we did have a private server which is really sad.
Hope you/we can get this to fly as these are extremely tense matches and a lot fun!

And since when is the word "c o u n t s" a :censored: word, stupid computers!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 am

UnbounD wrote:

Unbounds right, on both counts. (omg, never thought I'd say that)

The last organised scrim wasted everyone's time through no shows, so I'd really only support another if you have confirmed numbers. :)
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 am

Biteme wrote:
UnbounD wrote:

Unbounds right, on both counts. (omg, never thought I'd say that)

The last organised scrim wasted everyone's time through no shows, so I'd really only support another if you have confirmed numbers. :)
We had confirmed number last time, but still had plenty of no shows. still it was fun.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:48 am

So would SCU guys mind a Wednesday night fixture?

We really do want to run the event under our (collectively) conditions. So with BC2 not being ideal I say we can rule that out. How does everyone feel about Black Ops? (just because it is the most recent of the cods)

I have had my fair share of spending hundreds of hours organizing league's man. Only reason I'm doing this was because Bull said he doesn't have the time to anymore. And also because I am generally interested :D .

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:25 pm

I have posted up on our side to see who will commit to Black OPS 9pm Wednesday 23/2.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks Boony. If this event is successful we might be able to make this a weekly or fortnightly fixture (which would no doubt get more people interested long term).