BF2 Patch 1.3 available now!!

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
Bold
Bloody SimTV!

BF2 Patch 1.3 available now!!

Post by Bold » Wed May 24, 2006 9:20 am

The latest patch for BF2 is available from the usual places :)

3DGamers link

================================================================================
Battlefield 2: V1.3
ReadMe File
April 25, 2006
================================================================================

Patch v1.3

NEW FEATURES

- Air dropped vehicles:
Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.

- Co-op:
Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.

Number of Bots: This setting allows you to determine the total number of bots that will spawn in game.

Bot Ratio: This setting allows you to determine the percentage of total bots that will spawn for each team. For example, setting this value to 25 means that 25% of the total bots will spawn in Team 1, and 75% in Team 2. Team 1 is always the MEC, Chinese, or their allies, while Team 2 is always the USA, EU, and their allies.

Bot Difficulty: This setting determines the skill level of the bots. 10 is easiest, 100 is the most difficult.

- Default Kit Selection:
The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and between maps.

BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- Fixed issues with remote console and linux server

- Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.

- Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.

- Fixed issue with player not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously play.

- If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.

- Flag Capture bar now reacts accurately to players entering the capture radius.

- Fixed bug where friendly vehicles showed as valid targets

- Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles.
The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

- Fixed bug that altered mini map functionality

- Adjusted missile count on BF2SF helicopters.

- Fixed bug with Special Forces rank names.

- Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle

- Adjusted award criteria

- Fixed a client crash after entering 300 characters into the IP address using "connect to IP"

- Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account

- Fixed crash when switching from BF2 to BF2:SF (or vice versa)

- Fixed a crash caused when a player is joining a map and another player logs into the same account

- Fixed a Dragon Valley exploit

- Fixed a bug on Zatar Wetlands where AA missiles would not lock onto oil towers

- Fixed a bug that caused the Eurofighter explosion to appear as a Mig-29 wreckage

- Armor Bar removed from occupied machinegun emplacements

- Fixed a bug on Kubra Dam and Zatar Wetlands that caused enemy AA sites to not display in bombing HUD

- Special Forces - Firing crossbow from open vehicle position causes others to see player weapon firing

- Fixed Repair Hud for the engineer when in a vehicle and repairing a team mate vehicles

- Fixed a bug on Strike at Karkand where players were able to get inside a building by Train Accident when FF is turned off

- Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer disable the Chinese artillery

- Fixed a bug in Zatar Wetlands 32 where commander assets were not being properly dropped to the location specified by the User.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed May 24, 2006 10:40 am

Excellent. I can see some good personnal battles taking place now we can have bots in the game. When we used to play Desert Combat we would have two players a side and the rest A.I. The winning team was decided by the players, not the A.I. The major pushes only occured when the players made the moves. It will be interesting to see how responsive the A.I is to requests for backup etc from the players. Have to try it this weekend.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed May 24, 2006 10:54 am

Uploading to local mirror as I type

Will appear at files.inspire.net.nz

Full install to come later today

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:08 pm

- Air dropped vehicles:
Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.
Whinging n00b:
"Commander, I want a LAV! Now!"
"Now now now now nooooow! I waaant one!"
"Pleeease!"

*whistling noise*

SPLODGE!!

Commander [Air-dropped LAV] Whinging n00b

Commander:
"There's your f***ing LAV..."

:D :D _b

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Wed May 24, 2006 12:25 pm

- If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.
This one sounds annoying... no more leaving the squad to make someone else the leader, so you can respawn on them..

Won't make a lot of difference in the end though I guess.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed May 24, 2006 2:03 pm

Both updates are now at http://files.inspire.net.nz

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed May 24, 2006 2:03 pm

Bold wrote:
This one sounds annoying... no more leaving the squad to make someone else the leader, so you can respawn on them..

I think you'll find that's the idea and is why they added it.
To me it seems very gay that you can swap squads for a re-spawn if your squad was so useless it got mowed in the first place ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed May 24, 2006 3:35 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Bold wrote:

I think you'll find that's the idea and is why they added it.
To me it seems very gay that you can swap squads for a re-spawn if your squad was so useless it got mowed in the first place ;p
Bazzil you didn't get out of bed on the right side this morning. wha wha wha ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast