BATTLEFIELD2 WARGAMES UPDATE R#3

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:15 am

Twas good fun :D

I think the round start timer needs to be atleast 2 minutes though, so we all actually have a chance to get in the server, sort out what team we are supposed to be in, and get the bots under control before they bugger off with all the vehicles..

We also need to communicate what side each team is supposed to be on a bit better.. Our team was pretty sure we were supposed to be on US first for clean sweep and ended up giving you a huge head start. And still beat you in the end ;p

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:00 am

Yes thank you Bold for these comments. :rolleyes:

You did infact have Duvel for the entire round due to him not being on teamspeak and not changing teams at the turn around. I agree with your comments though and we can make these changes for next week. I would also like to see different maps next week. (please no planes) hehe. Riven and Jebus absolutely owned our team in the last map with fantastic flying skills.
I hope everyone involved enjoyed Sunday and will be back for more next week. _b

P.S I will screenshot the points next-time so we can track the individual scores. I don't think we can do that any other way.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:01 pm

I tried flying the planes, and I tried dropping the bombs, but they all missed their targets D:
then I went to re-arm and crashed my plane into the hangar.
I rinsed and repeated several times before I gave up :/

I know you're meant to line the target boxes up with the vertical line on the bomb hud, but at what point exactly do you release them?
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:11 pm

Did you have a second person in your plane?

The bomber in the plane just has to get locks, then it all hands free, fire and kill :)

The pilot just has to stay in the air and line up the good shots ;)

Cheers Jebus _b

Jebus

Post by Jebus » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:07 pm

Great Fun, Very keen for that once a week :P

@ Bazzil: It's a bit different for each bomber and depends on what your trying to bomb ie: troops (bombing for effecting) low angle of attack and relitively low to the ground and release as the first target goes through the U shaped reticle at the bottom of the HUD (ie the thing thats shows you where the bombs will be going.) boming for troops tends to give a higher score, but you need a decent commander putting UAV's up so you know where to bomb.

If bombing for vehicles (generally better if you have a bomber with you) get nice 'n' high come about 40 to 45 degrees and slow the plane right down before you turn in to attack this way you give you bomber plenty of time to lock and fire on multiple targets (works particularly well on Op Clean Sweep cos vehicles are generally forced into lines) speed the plane up when you bomber has released a few LG's and carpet bomb whats left (releasing just before you HAVE to pull up (you should approach the taraget as if you are going to intercpt it as it's moving as they generally are.

Probably the number one way to get score in a bomber as the pilot is to NOT neglect the main cannon THEY ARE STUPIDLY GOOD come in high and slow enough and you will kill a tank with just the cannon, on top of that they have a huge splash effect and will cut through troops real good. so be liberal with the lead!!! general rule the more lead you put in the enemies direction the more likely you are to mame them :P

Happy flying.

Jebus

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:35 pm

Don't forget the third round challenge is TODAY!

;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi Again Guys. Dont forget 3pm today for battlefeild. Squad B ghas to have a seriously good round to catch up on those devil soldiers in Squad A.

Good Luck and C U There.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast