controller binding

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
<^..^>SJ

controller binding

Post by <^..^>SJ » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:39 am

Hi all, hope you fellas don't mind me using the SCu tag....blame Hotdog.

Anyway I was having a hell of a time getting just one name to lock in......seems my alias internet email has been hyjacked.

Anywhooo, how do you get a joystick to bind to BF2. I can't get it to work at all.
I have 3 controllers in use, a MS wheel, which I use the pedals for rudders in IL2, a fourpot old syle joystick setup for other IL2 Controls and the X45. The x45 is in position 3...is this the problem? The wheel hogs number 1 always.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:11 am

Hey SJ

Make sure you have unpluged all your other juosticks, leaving the x45 plugged in. It must be the only joystick connected when you start up the game. Then it should be recoginised by the game. Other than that perhaps talk to us online when you are going through the process and we can refer to our own setups to help.

;)
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:04 pm

you can set priority order (controller ID's) or something like that under game controllers in control panel can't u?

Put the joystick u want to use with BF2 at the top.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

<^..^>SJ

Post by <^..^>SJ » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:41 pm

The MS wheel always hogs number 1 ID :drive: and i don't want to tinker :spanner: to much spoiling my IL2 setup. :joy:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:53 pm

yes, some older piece of hardware are unwill to share, so they default to ID1. Best thing to do is what Mattly suggested, just unplug your wheel.