BF2 nicknames - why Gayspy is Ghey

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

BF2 nicknames - why Gayspy is Ghey

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:46 pm

After having a totu with changing the nick in online mode, it would seem that the servers don't use the 'Name' or 'Nick' setting for your player name, they use the 'GamespyNick' setting, which is the nick used as the login name for the account you create online, because the gamespy nick is bound to your login name, changing this means that your name changes, but you can't log in because the password no longer matches that username :)

So basically, they have gayed up the names because they decided to use Gayspy
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:39 pm

Yus, gamespy is a disaster, just look at how badly it is integrated into the game browser. Filter is banger, amongst other problems, you can't specify country, and you cant let it auto connect to a game once a space opens up.
:>

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:40 pm

Happy wrote:Yus, gamespy is a disaster, just look at how badly it is integrated into the game browser. Filter is banger, amongst other problems, you can't specify country, and you cant let it auto connect to a game once a space opens up.
ASE works with BF2 now :)

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:45 pm

Well i have the username "liquid" for my gamespy account yet i cant use liquid for BF2, hows that possible then

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:25 pm

Riven wrote:
Happy wrote:Yus, gamespy is a disaster, just look at how badly it is integrated into the game browser. Filter is banger, amongst other problems, you can't specify country, and you cant let it auto connect to a game once a space opens up.
ASE works with BF2 now :)
Yus, so bernard tells me, hazar! >8p, I'd say by the time that sack of a game launches though, your spot will be taken if the server is bloated.
:>