Terrain Mesh's that works with FSX

Discussion of Flight & Sea Sims
Hotdognz

Terrain Mesh's that works with FSX

Post by Hotdognz » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:40 pm

HI guys I was reading a post on SimHQ FSX forum about some ALPS mesh for FS9 that worked fine in FSX, anyway the screen shots looked great so I downloaded it, belive me its really good compared to what is in FSX and well worth downloading, its on AVSIM and I have included links to the 3 files with readme's in the zips plus a pic

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=81062

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=80808

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=80801
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hotdognz on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hotdognz

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:00 pm

grabbing them now,looks awesome,this flight sim stuff is not so good for my cap ;)

Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:13 am

Hi

I have been given this link to good terrain mesh's for FSX, im going to grab the Hawaii one first and install it and see how good it is, ill also be grabing the other ones there too at some stage

http://www.fsproject.com/dcd/FS_X_Terrain_Mesh_Feeware/
Hotdognz

Anvil_NZ

Help installing the mesh scenery

Post by Anvil_NZ » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:55 pm

Hi there,

Im new to the flight sim-ing gaming. but I went and bought FSX having tried FS9 a couple of times. When you come down to installing the mesh's that I've just downloaded, how do you get them into the game? Do you copy them in the add on folder or something...? Cheers in advance for the help

Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:31 am

Hi Anvil

Ok the best way and cleanest way to put in addons for Mesh is like this below

Go to this dir in FSX

:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery

Now create a folder of the name of the mesh you have lets say France

:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\France

In side that create a folder called Scenery

:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\France\Scenery

Now add all the .bgl for France in to this folder

Ok thats it, now start up FSX go to the settings option and on the right hand side you will see a option for Scenery Libary, click on that then on add area and browse for the folder called France and click ok and it will show up in the scenery list at the top, do the same for all the mesh you get and then restart FSX and it should rebuild the scenery listings on start up.

That is the cleanest way to add .bgl mesh files to FSX , you can just dump all the .bgl files from any mesh in to this folder

:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery

But then its hard to keep track of what meshes are installed.

Hope this helps
Hotdognz

Anvil_NZ

Easy explination

Post by Anvil_NZ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:46 pm

Cheers for that,

Trying to search through all the stuff on the internet for a simple explination is near impossible. Ill gve it a go tonight.

Does any one host a New Zealand server? So far I've tried to join in servers that people are running in oz, but I keep crashing my plane because of the bad ping that I seem to get (I had the same thing on BF2 - fine in a NZ server, horrible on a ozzie server)

Skanks

Post by Skanks » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:44 pm

Oh one thing I found reading the Learning Centre (at least I think I read it correctly) is that FSX automatically loads any subfolders in Addons Scenery (i.e. that example you gave it wouldn't need them pointed to) as well as the Scenery folder. Which of course makes turning off individual addons rather hard :/ I hope I'm wrong (then I can move the folders back to Addons Scenery)

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:51 pm

having not much luck getting this one to work,any way to to tell if it is working my alps certainly dont look like Hotdogs screeny...I can see them in my add-on scenery however..maybe I am not flying in the right area O_o

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:06 pm

Check you've got the mesh resolution slider wound up in the game settings :)

It wont look any different if its at 50m+ try it at 10m and see what happens.

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:45 pm

^^ Speaking of which, I must get someone to guide me through the scenery gfx settings over TS.. its running fine as it is but looks sooooo shit
Halo Racing

Hotdognz

Re: Easy explination

Post by Hotdognz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Anvil_NZ wrote:Cheers for that,

Does any one host a New Zealand server? So far I've tried to join in servers that people are running in oz, but I keep crashing my plane because of the bad ping that I seem to get (I had the same thing on BF2 - fine in a NZ server, horrible on a ozzie server)
Anvil follow this thread and then you will be able to find NZ servers that we host/use

http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3932
Hotdognz