Addon planes with good VC suggestion

Discussion of Flight & Sea Sims
Hotdognz

Addon planes with good VC suggestion

Post by Hotdognz » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:45 pm

I would like to suggest that if people have or download a good addon FREE plane for FSX that has a good VC then maybe they could share a link so others can grab them, this will enable us to all see the same planes that people are flying instead of it defaulting to the FSX default (is it the Cessna ??)

I love addon planes and as soon as some of the updates to the ones I have come out ill be shearing them with you.
Hotdognz

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:16 pm

I have the SR71 its pretty cool but no proper cockpit unfortunately

Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:04 pm

I have now added in some planes into FSX.

So far I have added the FS9 planes along with Skanks, these all work pretty well and I feel give some added fun to the sim with the older classic planes, as soon as others add them in we could start flying some off them.

I have also added in a P51 Mustang with VC, im going to test it offline before I post a link for others to grab it if its ok, im also on the look out for a good Bi Plane like a Boeing Stearman, I think a good Bi Plane would make for some great group flying online.
Hotdognz

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:06 pm

yep me and scrunty have the fs9 planes as well

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:10 pm

Crazy shit! - was just saying to mario last night I'd love a good P51 Mustang... would make crusing those cantebury planes an experience huh :D
Link us up au!
Halo Racing

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:30 pm

Hotdognz wrote:I have now added in some planes into FSX.

So far I have added the FS9 planes along with Skanks, these all work pretty well and I feel give some added fun to the sim with the older classic planes, as soon as others add them in we could start flying some off them.

I have also added in a P51 Mustang with VC, im going to test it offline before I post a link for others to grab it if its ok, im also on the look out for a good Bi Plane like a Boeing Stearman, I think a good Bi Plane would make for some great group flying online.
This creates abit of a delemia for me. Firstly alot of the planes from FS9 do not work properly in FSX. Secondly will these mods effect the installation of FSX in anyway and what will the logbook entrys show? For the competition days we will only be using the default aircraft that come with FSX. Oh and on a personal note, I for one hate being overtaken in a Kingair by a cessna. O_o

Perhaps if we can all agree on a particular plane mod then we can use it, but I think it should be discussed as Hotdog points out. I had plenty of mod aircraft in FS2004, but most had issues and everyone ended up flying their own thing and we had a bunch of cessnas doing mach 2. Thats around the point that I lost interest.
Last edited by Mattly on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:33 pm

I've always found http://www.flightsim.com to be a great resource for FS Aircraft, but not the most user friendly site to navigate.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:35 pm

Mattly wrote:[Oh and on a personal note, I for one hate being overtaken in a Kingair by a cessna. O_o
Agreed it does look odd.. We will just need to establish a list of acceptable addon planes, which everyone will need to have installed for multiplayer.

I'm all for collecting and using addon's, just not so keen on payware addon's.. It just seems wrong to me..

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:38 pm

Bold wrote:
Mattly wrote:[Oh and on a personal note, I for one hate being overtaken in a Kingair by a cessna. O_o
Agreed it does look odd.. We will just need to establish a list of acceptable addon planes, which everyone will need to have installed for multiplayer.

I'm all for collecting and using addon's, just not so keen on payware addon's.. It just seems wrong to me..
Yes it puts alimit on who has and hasnt. Problem is that their were few good mods that you didnt have to pay for.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Skanks

Post by Skanks » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:46 pm

Mattly wrote:
Hotdognz wrote:I have now added in some planes into FSX.

This creates abit of a delemia for me. Firstly alot of the planes from FS9 do not work properly in FSX. Secondly will these mods effect the installation of FSX in anyway and what will the logbook entrys show?
Well the default MS aircraft from FS9 work fine in FSX. Other freeware & payware aircraft may or may not work depending on how they were implemented. The logbook shows the name of the Plane correctly (it just grabs that out of the aircraft.cfg file) Obviously as FSX freeware/payware aircraft come out they should work fine.

Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:22 pm

Thats what my suggestion was Mattly have a user list of 3rd party planes we all use in MP only, I would suggest first that eveyone who joins us in MP gets the FS9 planes in there game, I can supply these planes if anyone needs them (I just need some space to host them @ 100meg) The FS9 planes work in FSX without any promblems at all and there are some great planes to fly from that lot.

This way we will all see the same planes in FSX MP and wont have abnormal stuff happening.
Hotdognz