FSX plane tweaks

Discussion of Flight & Sea Sims
Hotdognz

FSX plane tweaks

Post by Hotdognz » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:11 am

Hi guys I read a lot of flight sim forums and have been browsing AVSIM and SimHQ regarding FSX, anyway some people are now staring to look through the default FSX planes Aircraft.cfg files and are noticing some big errors by MS in what the planes do and how they handle. Im not intrested in tweaks that make the Cessna do 900 mph or stuff like that only in the tweaks that add some real values to plane.

Ill start of with the only tweak I have used so far and that is for the Grumman goose, people who fly the Goose have noticed the floats sit too high when on the water and also the stall speed settings in the cfg are around the wrong way in values, they have edited the plane aircraft CFG file to sit the plane down in the water more so that it sits like a real Grumman goose does also they have corrected the stall settings, here is a copy of my Aircraft.cfg file with these values alterd if you want the plane to behave more realstickly.

The file replaces the one here so make sure you back this up in case you dont like it.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards ... 1;t=003027

Also here is a link to the Simhq forum thread so you can see whats being discussed and alterd.

Just to make sure that people understand doing small alteration like this will not affect our MP enjoyment in fact it should make it slightly better, asi stated above I wont be doing any unrealistic tweaks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hotdognz

blackballs

Post by blackballs » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:56 pm

thanks keep them coming

Skanks

Post by Skanks » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:47 am

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=93358

That contains the fixes for the bag carts that prevents 2 of the models sinking into the ground (the rest are fine anyway)