Multi flight on friday

Discussion of Flight & Sea Sims
Anvil_NZ

Multi flight on friday

Post by Anvil_NZ » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:49 pm

A thanks to all whom we went for a flight on friday night, as a first time online flight, I really enjoyed it. Unfortuantly during the night, I have managed to break the throttle on my joystick so that it is now fully on or fully off, hence the crash that i managed to taxi into someone on the ground. And I think there is a conflict somewhere in the settings thats preventing my plane from going right.

So now I have decided to purchase a new joystick. I have been looking at and thinking about the saitek X52. It looks pretty good but is there any recomendations on it, or another similar product?

I would like to puchase the throttle components that are available on VR Concepts web site, but with christmas coming, that may be a next year thing. Anybodys opinion and help in deciding would be appreciated.

blackballs

Post by blackballs » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:23 pm

I have the x52 hotas and pedal set they are great, no need for the keyboard

Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:15 pm

Anvil there are a couple of optiond open to you

1: Purchase a cheap joystick to see you through to when you can afford a CH Fighter Stick & Pro Throttle which would last you about 10 times longer than any x52 setup.

2: Buy the CH yoke if you just intend to fly FSX this would cost the same as the X52 but would give you the civilian sim feel, I have just got the CH yoke and its awsome I love flying FSX with it as it feels just right, with the programing softwear that comes with it you can get up to 48 key programed on it.
Hotdognz