wouldn't it be good if VSK 4 had better solo game

Discussion of Flight & Sea Sims
NZL77

wouldn't it be good if VSK 4 had better solo game

Post by NZL77 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:19 pm

I've been thinking about VSK while following the ACC over in Valencia. They talk the benifits of team NZ's results. things such as having better chances of gaining good sponsorship. this will hopefully happen and help build toward 2007 America's Cup. Then got to thinking wouldnt it be good if VSK could come up with a career mode where you go around the globe competing in raes and the better you do, maybe you pick up $$ or sposorship deals, be able to build better boats etc and build toward an Americas Cup regatta in single player mode. I guess a little like some other games where you can do these sorts of things. just to make the solo play a little more interesting. Maybe have a testing area where you can do speed testing etc and customise your boat with the money you earn/win.

Just a thought. maybe VSK already are working on something like this? i know I'd go out and get VSK4 in a heart bat if there was a little more in it for times you don't want to go online.

by the way. I tried uploading a piccie to the VSK gallery, but dont know how. I can set my own gallery up but wandered if i was missing something?

Cheerio,
Matty,
NZL77 :D

Typhoon

VSK 4

Post by Typhoon » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:37 pm

I agree completely. Even an area where you could put your winnings into research, windtunnels, advertising, all with the aim to generate more sponsors, and make a faster boat. I guess like F1 Manager in some ways, that was a great Management Simulator.

It would also be good if they tweaked the penalty system, so it actually realises your doing you penalty turn, and not just a tack, so you only do a 360deg instead of 420.

mikool

Post by mikool » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:49 pm

You not still going on about your pen turn.

But yeah. They do need a better single mode. and both of you have some very good ideas

NZL77

Post by NZL77 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:03 pm

crack me up on pen turn hehe

yeah I'm praying that some more is added to single player :) would be interesting to see.

NZL01

Post by NZL01 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:32 pm

The single player does need abit more to it to keep you interested in it.
As for the pen turns, your right about the 420 turns, but as I do so many of them i usually come out the right way. :roll:

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:25 pm

I dont mind about banger single player. I only play multiplayer games nowdays.

I just want a good ding up in Multiplayer >8D
:>

Typhoon

Uploading Images at http://www.simcentral.co.nz/gallery

Post by Typhoon » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:21 pm

The problem has been fixed, feel free to upload your own images into the availble Categories.

:D

cheers
All

Andy(NZ)

Re: wouldn't it be good if VSK 4 had better solo game

Post by Andy(NZ) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:37 am

NZL77 wrote:Just a thought. maybe VSK already are working on something like this?
Well I am not sure if the solo game is going to be improved to the extent your suggesting but I do know that Nadeo are offically heading into a VSK development round now that Trackmania Sunrise has been completed. The enhancements suggestion list does contain some solo player enhancements (like improving the AI) but most noise is being made around online improvments ie:

- improving the rules (especially proximity rules) and the bug in rule 17.2
- online lobby (like active chat outside the game)

I like the sound of the "career mode" though - even better if you could carry that into the online arena - now that would be cool !

Cheers
Andy

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:11 am

:O it's Andy ! :>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.