New VSK3 League

Discussion of Flight & Sea Sims
Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

New VSK3 League

Post by Happy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:42 pm

Do reply here if you are interested.

The New Zealand VSK3 league is close to taking signups and starting. This email has been sent to all people who have added players to the current vsk3 website. At http://www.simcentral.co.nz/vsk3/index.php (about 85 of you)

A new website will be uploaded for the new league in the next few days.

If we have too much interest the league may be limited to New Zealanders only.

The new league will be a team’s event with 2 players per team, so you will have to find a team mate. We are going to aim to run servers with 4 teams a server (totaling 8 players a server).

Time for the league will be every week on Thursday night, with a start time of 9:30pm. Racing will be expected to last 1 hour taking it to 10:30pm. This is New Zealand time (GMT + 12)

Post your interest even if you have not found a team mate because you may find one by the time the league starts and we may have people we can pair up.

An email will follow with more details about registration and rules.

Any suggestions are welcome.
:>

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:51 pm

I( want too, but now BF2 is out I'll have to think about it. It does follow 3 straight days of racing for me too. That's already got to give somewhere :/
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:37 pm

;p. Only an hour each week. Tis rather amusing.

mikool

Post by mikool » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:05 am

Count me in.....
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:56 pm

I'm in :) an dpossibly Kat too :D

setsail

Post by setsail » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:41 pm

Hi everyone

I am a newbie so I will probadly have some questions that u guys might find amusing.

I only have the vs3 demo at this stage. As I was surfing the net I found this forrom and and I was hoping to join you ones.
I have NEVER played a mutli player game online before but am keen to work it out .
My system I run consists of 512mb of ram, AMD 2000+ xp and have about 30 gb spare on the hard drive. the video and sound cards are adeiquate for now. I am connect to adsl 512/256
I give you this info to find out if it meets requirements to use mutliplayer without locking and blues screens and of course the disconnection factor.

If I my system has the right stuff i would then obvoiusly upgrade to the full version.

I noticed someone mention vsk 4 so is that worth getting instead of vsk3, like can vsk3 ppl race with vsk4 sailors ?

and finally which either one you guys reccomend where canI buy a version

Thanks for yr time and I await yr reply (s)

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:36 pm

I don't think any of us have decided about if we are getitng vsk4, we haven't had vsk3 for very long.

Your computer should run vsk3 slightly better than it runs the demo. Your internet connection is good enough.

unfortunately http://www.vrconcepts.co.nz is unable to obtain copies of vsk3 since it is not coming into the country anymore.

http://www.gpstore.co.nz may have it.

You're welcome to join the league at this stage, we're still trying to get numbers for the league to see where we are at with servers & teams etc...

Andy(NZ)

Post by Andy(NZ) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:26 pm

I would not expect VSK4 in New Zealand until at least middle of next year ! (2006).

I have seen VSK for sale in most Dick Smiths and various computer retailers !

Cheers

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:42 pm

The VSK3 site is now taking registrations. The league will be a team’s event as well as an individual’s event – so if you don’t have a team mate, you can just race for yourself. Points page displays both single and team points. If you don’t have a team mate, we shall look at all those people who don’t have team mates and maybe sort something out before the league starts.

There are different templates to be uploaded to the download page so they will go up in a few days (smaller file size and better templates I think – from Bazzil)

If you have a skin available – upload it, I will then add images of the skins to the player profile skin selector (if it is not there already).

I’ve limited players who can join to Australians and New Zealanders due to time and ping issues. If you are living outside of these countries you must contact me before you sign up to the league.

We shall look at starting the first league race on the 28th of July with the 21st of July being a practice race.

Players can sign up at http://www.simcentral.co.nz/vsk3/index.php

You can upload your own skin (if you want to use your skin from last league – email me and I will make a link to it because last seasons skins are still uploaded)

You can upload pictures to the gallery (I still have to fix the thumbnails, thumbnails seem to be the same file size as the full size images)

Rules page is incomplete.

Watch the news page (index page) as this will be where notices about the league go.

If the login pisses too many people off with having to type your email in, I will change it to username.

If you are in New Zealand, please forward this to other New Zealanders who you may think what to play.

Let me know if there are issues with the site and I shall fix. >8p

Remember to play you need full version of VSK3.

Murphs

Post by Murphs » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:08 am

is it necessary to race every night to be in the league or do we just turn up when we can?

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:22 pm

you don't have to race every night, as long as your attendance record is about 70% then it is ok, How often do you think you are going to be able to race :o ?

Murphs

Post by Murphs » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:48 pm

most if not all nights

just checking if i miss a race that i wont get dsq'ed

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:18 am

What time is the practice race tonight? If it is still on.