ArmA II

Life is short. Play more.
johnny2combs

ArmA II

Post by johnny2combs » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Here are sum vids of the upcoming ArmA II...

Question is...OFP 2 or ArmA II

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No matter how loudly you shout @ the monitor, The other players won't hear you.

Sasquatch

Re: ArmA II

Post by Sasquatch » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:38 pm

Looks interesting but I think my money will go on OFP2 if its as good as promised.
Admire the fur

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Fri May 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Is now out, well in German at least (but if you know what your doing it can be in English)

http://petergames.de/Start.35.0.html?&L=0&t=0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; green and white flagged logo in the bottom middle of the page, little bit tricky to read the German (babelfish came in handy) but its currently downloading at 700KB/s so I must have done something right (around 9GB total to download)

4 x 715Mb files to go then into a bit of test and eval I think :)

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri May 29, 2009 3:42 pm

cool...show me tomorrow what its like
Admire the fur

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Sun May 31, 2009 3:05 pm

SCu - the original

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Hotdog and I have just payed for the German version today too Jetboy. Mine has just finished downloading :p

We are both waiting for the activation keys to be sent by email. How long did it take to get yours sent?
Might be cool once we get it all set up to try some of the co-op campaign missions with the 3 of us later this week.

Any installation issues Jetboy? Have you patched up and does the English language patch work ok after applying the new 1.01 beta patch?

:confused:
SCu - the original

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Had my installation key immediately, was actually listed on one of the pages before I downloaded the files, but by the time it was down the key was awaiting me in my email

No install issues at all, running Win 7 RC1 and it just installed and worked :)

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:17 am

Got mine all patched up and running fine. Hotdog and I will be online with it tonight if your keen to try some co-op missions or Close Quarter MP missions. Look for us on the SCu Teamspeak tonight.

OGN should have a new Arma 2 German release server up tonight :)

Evo has already been ported over.
SCu - the original

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:22 pm

i now have it, but still waiting for cd key :(
Wah Wah Wah

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:48 pm

saving my money for a NEW sim - OFP2. ArmAII from what I have scene is just ArmA with mods... ArmAII should still be fun though to pass the time until July :)

Jetboy, is VSB going to be upgraded?
Admire the fur

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:16 pm

VBS2 is going to be maintained with the Real Virtuality (ArmA) engine as far as I'm aware, there was some talk last year on the VBS forums about doing beta testing for the next gen VBS but understandably the NDA arrangements for those that "may" have undertaken testing was rather hard nosed (ie you talk we disable your VBS2 licence that you paid US$1500 for)

From a training providers point of view, keep it the same as long as possible...means we can keep flogging the same hardware for years on end, ie every 2 years we dont have to go out and refurb/upgrade 70 (or if the budget gets approved 140) machines just to keep track with the latest in shiny things...think of the US Army/Marine's they've stood up around 70+ sim sites this year with 50 PC's at each...imagine if they had to upgrade every video card or CPU, costs start mounting real fast

In saying that may have to prod the guys again and see if theres any talk now that ArmA2 is out in the wild

Munis

Post by Munis » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 pm

Bloody hell JB,

telling everyone else the news before me :(

Lol would be nice but Im still learning the ins and outs out vbs2 now so please no update soon :p
47c Individual League

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:51 am

bah, read the VBS2 forums you slacker ;p

Munis

Post by Munis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:14 pm

:sofa:
47c Individual League

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:58 am

Well not having been an Arma player I am enjoying Arma 2 despite some really bad bugs.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:08 am

Mario-C wrote:Well not having been an Arma player I am enjoying Arma 2 despite some really bad bugs.
I had a brief demo at the LAN in Linton and my suspecions are correct. It is ArmA with a few choice mods put into it and comes complete with nearly all the same bugs (and probably some new ones) as before. I would have bought the game if most of the bugs were eliminated and if they got ride of that sloppy mouse feel, however that isn't really an issue if you are in a vehicle :) . While I really enjoyed playing ArmA I can't justify buying the game when OFP2 is just around the corner and appears to be twice the game ArmAII is.
Admire the fur

Boony

Post by Boony » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
Mario-C wrote:Well not having been an Arma player I am enjoying Arma 2 despite some really bad bugs.
I had a brief demo at the LAN in Linton and my suspecions are correct. It is ArmA with a few choice mods put into it and comes complete with nearly all the same bugs (and probably some new ones) as before. I would have bought the game if most of the bugs were eliminated and if they got ride of that sloppy mouse feel, however that isn't really an issue if you are in a vehicle :) . While I really enjoyed playing ArmA I can't justify buying the game when OFP2 is just around the corner and appears to be twice the game ArmAII is.
Thats what you get when you buy from some random German site. The German release is apparently only an advanced beta. Apparently when the actual English version is released all the bugs :larf: are meant to be fixed.

OFP2 looks like a great console game from some of the vids I have seen.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Ill probably pick up ArmA II once the English version comes out :)

It is a bit disappointing the number of bugs they always seem to have in their initial releases, but atleast you can be confident it will be supported for a few years and most bugs will be ironed out.

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Bold wrote:Ill probably pick up ArmA II once the English version comes out :)

It is a bit disappointing the number of bugs they always seem to have in their initial releases, but atleast you can be confident it will be supported for a few years and most bugs will be ironed out.
I might get this too. I have never played Arma 1 but could be up for some multiplayer.

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:27 am

Yep the German version is basically a beta, the 2 patches since release seem to qualify that already with vast improvements in AI being noted amongst the forum discussions along with lots of other stuff getting fixed

Watched a video of OFP and yep I'll be getting that as well, definitely looks to be more "game" orientated than ArmA (ie watched a guy take several hits and just keep going) but may well be the right balance of game and realism for the general public who just want to have fun :)

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:37 pm

I like ArmA but I still don't see the need to buy ArmAII which is ArmA with some added choice mods. If I didn't already have ArmA I would buy ArmAII in an instant. :) I may change my mind in a few months depending if people are still regularly playing it or not in NZ/OZ.
Admire the fur

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:38 pm

I got my English copy of ArmA II this week, $63NZ delivered from http://www.cdwow.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Been playing a bit over the weekend, it definitely looks like quite an improvement over ArmA. For a start the graphics look amazing, although I do need to tweak my settings a bit to get a few more fps.. There's plenty of changes to the interface and general touch ups all over the place just giving the game a bit more polish. They've also put a bit more work into the campaign and story, I'm only a couple of missions in and its already going better than ArmA or OpFlash. Also the entire campaign can be played co-op :D

If anyone's keen for some co-op let me know :)

I haven't seen any bugs yet, dvd came with ver 1.01, I'm using latest patch, 1.02.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Come and join Bold at sim central if you are keen. :)
Wah Wah Wah

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 am

Yeah now we have a few people playing its great fun.
The bugs were mainly in the single player campaign.
Dont worry Bold you will find them soon enough..the bugs that is

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Being a Opflash and ArmA player.love coop mult, is there really a big difference between ArmA and ArmA2 that would make me want it..?
Its starting to look like bohemia is doing a simbin.