Insurgency

Life is short. Play more.
johnny2combs

Insurgency

Post by johnny2combs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:30 pm

For those Pep's with a steam account... it may be worth DL insurgency & giving it a go... My self & Jetboy have been playing it for a week or so, and we are finding it very good for tactic's and team work.... It will DL all core files and does not require HL2 to be installed at all. Jetboy please confirm.

Overall.. a worth while DL.
No matter how loudly you shout @ the monitor, The other players won't hear you.

Jetboy

Re: Insurgency

Post by Jetboy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:32 am

You'll need to own at least 1 source based game, ie TF2, HL2, CSS
Valve today announced the availability of five leading Source MODs (game modifications built atop Valve's leading engine technology). The initial set of MODs offered via Steam are available free of charge for owners of any Source-based game.

To celebrate the launch of MODs on Steam and give gamers an easy entry into the world of Source MODs, Valve is offering Half-Life 2: Episode One for just $4.99. The original Steam MOD squad is comprised of: Age of Chivalry, D.I.P.R.I.P., Insurgency, Synergy, and Zombie Panic.

"Valve has been supporting the MOD community since the company's inception, offering updates to the SDK, holding MOD Expos and being the first to bring a MOD to retail with Counter-Strike in November 2000," said Doug Lombardi, vice president of marketing at Valve. "The debut of these MODs on Steam marks the beginning of a new level of support for the MOD community by putting the leading MODs at the finger tips of over 15 million targeted gamers."

The first MOD squad is available now. Once installed, these MODs will appear in the Steam "My Games" list and the MODs will receive automatic updates just like other games on Steam. Also, these MODs now take advantage of Steamworks, providing stat tracking and tighter integration with the Steam community.

For more information, please visit http://www.steamgames.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:11 am

That should be easy because most of us have the HL2 'gift' to give away to anyone that doesn't already have it
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:50 am

i've got HL2 but disc 4 is poked and I can't install the game again :mad:
Admire the fur

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:58 am

What do you need the disc for? you get it all from steam ;p

You should only need the key anyway, and if its in your steam account, you can throw away the cd's.

You won't actually need it installed for insurgency anyway, just registered against your steam account, and when you download the mod it will grab any files it needs.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:23 pm

yer, just download the steam install, and away you go.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Sasquatch wrote:i've got HL2 but disc 4 is poked and I can't install the game again :mad:

lol im the same with bf2 ....

damnit i love flying round in those choppers too
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!