GTA IV and fatal error MMA10 solution

Life is short. Play more.
Sasquatch

GTA IV and fatal error MMA10 solution

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:52 am

Quoted from Mattly over at SC.

Hi All

Well copy protection has gone to an all new level with GTA4 and get ready for some real frustration when installling and trying to get the game runnning properly.

If you receive a message "fatal error MMA10" whilst trying to start up the game this post will help get you through it.

Please follow the steps below.

1.) Ensure you have exited out of GTA and rockstar and you are just looking at your desktop.

2.) For Windows XP click on the GTA4.exe on your desktop and for Vista go into your games directory in the start menu and click on the GTA.exe that is in there.

3.) The game will pop up with a screen advertising Window live and stuff. Ignore all that and look at the top right hand corner of the screen and see if you are showing as "logged in" to Rockstar. If you are please log out.

4.) Click on the "Run GTA" Key under the picture of the chick with the lollipop.

5.) A message will pop up that informs you that you wont be able to multi or save games. Ignore this and click "ok"

6.) Once you have loaded into the menu screen use the "Windows Key" or "Alt-Tab" to go back to desktop.

7.) Click on the "Rockstar" quicklaunch icon that should be in your bottom task bar and "log in" to Rockstar.

8.) Go back into the game and you should be sweet.

This will work providing you have setup a windows live account
Admire the fur

Naki

Re: GTA IV and fatal error MMA10 solution

Post by Naki » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Tell me about it....

I bought the game yesterday and still haven't played it properly...So many little things to do..

errors and all...Fingers crossed i get it all sorted tonight :D

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Re: GTA IV and fatal error MMA10 solution

Post by Bold » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:27 pm

Picked mine up today as well, planning to crank it hard at ping zero this weekend :)

just installing now.. hopefully things go well for me..