What game FPS - RTS - RPG are you most looking forward too?

Life is short. Play more.
Sasquatch

What game FPS - RTS - RPG are you most looking forward too?

Post by Sasquatch » Sun May 10, 2009 10:41 am

For me its Operation Flashpoint 2. I get so much more out of simulations. This game I hope bridges the gap between sim and fast paced fps's like cod4

What game would you most like to play against or co-op with KSC/KSR dudes?
Admire the fur

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Re: What game FPS - RTS - RPG are you most looking forward too?

Post by Bold » Sun May 10, 2009 12:20 pm

I'm looking forward to OpFlash 2, But I do think its going to be more Battlefield 2 than Armed Assault, Which may be good in its own way :)

I'm also looking forwed to ArmA 2 :D

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun May 10, 2009 2:25 pm

With these sim type games is it a lot more tactical etc, cause thats the difference I miss between Battlefield to CoD4, my cod4 clan have come from Battlefield series and have taken more of a liking to playing TF2 now than cod4 because they arent enjoying it anymore from what I can gather is they prfer playing right next to other players rather than spamming around a map.

If you guys in the know are able to keep me updated on these kind of games it would be much appreciated, Im looking for a change to a tactical fps game.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Sun May 10, 2009 3:16 pm

So, what game are you most looking forward to being released? It doesn't have to be fps and it doesn't have to be a sim either. :)
Admire the fur

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun May 10, 2009 3:29 pm

New Need For speed game so i can spend time doing up cars (Fk the racing its crap lol)

FEAR 2 (I know its out but I need to upgrade my PC :P )

Modern Warfare 2

Battlefield 1943

Op Flashpoint 2

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu May 14, 2009 12:46 pm

DIABLO 3 _b _b _b
Last edited by Sulley on Thu May 14, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu May 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Add Damnation to that list for me _b

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri May 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Sulley wrote:DIABLO 3 _b _b _b
Hope youve got a spare mouse handy, youll be clicking away like a mental patient.
Sadly i dont think D3 will capture the fun the D1 was for me as 2 was poo.

Aliens RPG using Fallout 3's engine or similar in Dev, that will be cool. Other than that, nothing on the horizon for me. Bit sad now that I have the horse power to run just about anything flat out.
I am still only 49% of the way through GTA4 and hoping the port Lost n Dangerous for PC. That will keep me going for a while.

Might pick up Riddick at some point after I check some reviews.

In the last month or so I have finished Fear 2, which was freakin great fun. WIC with the expansion - also awesome and I hope they do some more with it. And Im almost finished COH (the second part), but may pass on anymore of it.

Other than that its going to be bargin bin hunting for things that I have missed over the last few years, maybe Stalker, stuff like that.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri May 15, 2009 3:20 pm

I just finished the Grand Campaign for Empire Total War. I completed the Road to Independance before hand which was great... had a couple of sea battles with Silverchef, Mattly, Spanky and Biteme at various times a while back...great fun and you can get rank and achievments...great fun :)

I still play Sins of the Solar Empire every know and then in MP mode.

I don't play CoD5 or 4 much anymore... Been pretty busy with rFactor and the historx league...

Did a championship in GTR Evo and it was fun.

did t34 vs tiger and that was great fun but not much replay
Admire the fur

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri May 15, 2009 6:30 pm

UnbounD wrote:Other than that its going to be bargin bin hunting for things that I have missed over the last few years, maybe Stalker, stuff like that.
Definitely grab Stalker, Its bloody good fun, and there a heap of mods out now that make it even better..

I've just started playing Stalker: Clear Sky this week. Loving it so far although I'm not very far into it, and keep getting myself mowed by the military...

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri May 15, 2009 11:43 pm

lol. I thought you would pop up if I mentioned that, will add it to the list.

Had a look at some video from Riddick and its not quite me, but thats cool.
Modern warfare 2 should provide a good single player too, but I would put money on it being short again, which is a shame. COD4, loved the single player. Right from even the first credit sequence.

Curious if anyone has played much multiplayer WIC??
"Run Yasmine Run"

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Tue May 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Opflash 2 and ArmA 2 are both on the "to get" list, from what I've seen and heard Opfash is as bold said going to be slightly more user/gamer friendly with ArmA sticking to its hardcore status.
Modern Warfare 2, yep another one thats going to be added to the list
Diablo 3, got a taste for RPG with WoW so might see what all the fuss is about in the more regular sense...and hell no am I going to go back to WoW...though my mage is close to 80 with half decent kit.... o_O

Just bought IL2, Richard Burns Rally and TOCA 3 from GOG.com so if I get a chance to fire my PC up I might even get them installed

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sat May 30, 2009 10:19 pm

W T F

right, I bought COH opposing fronts.
It includes COH.
To get it to even remotely play I had to download almost 2 gigs of patches (yes I could have just pulled the cord out of the router, but know one smegging told me that). This took a couple of days due to crappy speeds.
These said patches of course include Tales of Valour, thats pretty much what I downloaded.
Cant play original COH or Tales of Valour because I have not purchased them, fair enough.
To purchase them I have to go out to a shop as its extremely expensive via steam and THQ's site is Puckered and wont let me purchase. Its cold (hense the reason Im home) and I would like to continue playing the games I have on my hdd (finished it, loved it), I have credit card and cant do anything with it.

R U D E

Rant over, assume trainee alky status rrrrr
"Run Yasmine Run"

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun May 31, 2009 10:27 am

COH Opposing fronts, from what I remember, has a seperate update patch to the straight out 2GB Company Of Heroes update. Most people though just buy Company Of Heroes, then download the 2GB update as they include Opposing fronts and Tales of Valour

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun May 31, 2009 12:23 pm

I spose your post count went up by one?

Right so I thought maybe if I bought a copy off steam they would supply me with a product code as I do have all the content here...........No
I purchased of steam, so I have to d/l off steam which is over 2 gig for just coh. I only have 2 gig of data a day or I get speed capped so.........No
I copied the retail folder into the steamapps folder and now I only have to d/l 1 gig, so I will do that......seems pretty dam stupid to d/l 1 gig of data when all I actually require is about 32 digits.
Relic need their heads read, D2D can eat sausage and I friggin Hate steam.

So, What game FPS - RTS - RPG am I most looking forward too?

Anything that does not dick me about!

It may not be snowing, but it might as well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun May 31, 2009 8:06 pm

Last time I offer help for ya then

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun May 31, 2009 8:36 pm

While I still fail to see how that assisted me, at least you read my rant.
You'll have to excuse me, I was pretty pissed off. Its just a little bit mental. Did not take long to find others equally as irritated.
Took all day, but I may get to have a play with this shortly.

Back on topic.

Whats the real difference between Opflash and ArmA ??
Played the ArmA demo and that did not spin my wheels, the disjointed voice responses did my head in pretty quickly, but the Helo was fun.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun May 31, 2009 8:37 pm

I can tell ya dont use the ingame updater for CoH, it sucks, easier to download the correct patch of somewhere like Ausgamers :)

The ingame updater has downloaded the wrong update for me once or twice too :(

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun May 31, 2009 10:04 pm

Yeah I got bit by that during the first pile of patches. One would not install, so I just stopped it from installing the sound file as thats what it kept crashing on. Initial performance was pretty poor, but it seemed to figger its self out the more I played it. Between this and GTA, its been a pretty frustrating few months of gaming, but when both of them games are going they are just such a blast. That was a quick 90mins!

Just watched some gameplay video for Prototype. Looks very funny!!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Also looking forward to Left 4 Dead 2

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Really looking fowared to Assasins Creed 2

"Assassin's Creed II (or Assassin's Creed 2) is an upcoming sandbox-style action-adventure video game being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft, the sequel to Assassin's Creed. It is set to released worldwide in Q4 2009 on the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, and Xbox 360 platforms.

Gameplay:
It has been revealed by Joystiq that Assassin's Creed II will allow the player to swim and access da Vinci's flying machine at one point in the game. It has also been announced that there will be many more mission types (approximately 16 so far) for the player to engage in.
According to ScrewAttack, there will be a slew of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, two different sword types, a halberd, and two smaller blades.

Plot:
While not much is known of the plot yet, it has been confirmed that the player will assume the role of a nobleman and assassin named Ezio Auditore de Firenze. Like Altair from the first game in the series, Ezio is an ancestor of Desmond Miles, the modern Assassin that has been captured by Abstergo Industries. Ezio is a young noble who lost his family to rival families.
He is shown to have dual assassin's blades. The game is set to take place in renaissance Italy, during the Carnival of Venice in the year 1476, which is 285 years after the first game. Like the characters in Assassin's Creed, historial figures will be present in the game including Leonardo da Vinci, Machiavelli, Caterina Sforza, and Lorenzo de' Medici.
Locations mentioned thus far as being included in the game are Venice, Florence, the Tuscan countryside and Rome. Specific landmarks include St Mark's Basilica, the Grand Canal, the Little Canal, and the Rialto Bridge.
"

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Oh i forgot about MafiaII is coming..played the first one to death..awesome.
Admire the fur

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:47 pm

AVP, top of my list!!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Sasquatch wrote:Oh i forgot about MafiaII is coming..played the first one to death..awesome.
Me too! Loved it to bits that I actually played it right through twice! And that is the second PC game that I felt sorry for the character at the end when he....
Really looking forward to Mafia 2.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:00 pm

Growler wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:Oh i forgot about MafiaII is coming..played the first one to death..awesome.
Me too! Loved it to bits that I actually played it right through twice! And that is the second PC game that I felt sorry for the character at the end when he....
Really looking forward to Mafia 2.
I loved Mafia as well and I'm still looking forward to Mafia II, but everytime I read some preview I cant help thinking they are turning it into just another generic console FPS... Hopefully I'm wrong!!