OFP 2

Life is short. Play more.
Sasquatch

OFP 2

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:41 am

This is the one i am waiting for.... check out the hardcore vid...the movement, interface, and ease of putting iron site on target looks amazing. This game (fingers crossed) will be everything ArmA wasn't but still have the biggested drawing power - huge maps, teamwork, realism, air/land/sea vehicles, and an intense atmosphere.

http://au.codemasters.com/flashpoint/index.php#/video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it looks like CoD4 but cranked up 50times more everything.

http://au.codemasters.com/flashpoint/index.php#/video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Release date 9/10/09

see how much better the interface is and the freedom of movement...1000 times better than ArmAII...its like they took cod4 and put it on steroids with depth and realism...I am praying they don't release it with the bugs that armaII was released with...probably why they are holding back a bit...The only thing that has me worried about this game is the cpu requirements...they recommend quad core but with a lower end gfx card... o_O

Omaha 2009 baby - yeah!

Admire the fur

Mario-C

Re: OFP 2

Post by Mario-C » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:24 pm

yep looking forward to this one also _b

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:57 am

Gamespot have a preview..

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/opera ... e=previews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

new short vid included.

This game is looking like a major winner... The EGO engine works very well on medium/low end pcs (accessible to more players), and of course on high end plateforms.

http://thereticule.com/2009/08/preview- ... shpoint-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dying over and over and over. That’s what Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis was really about. Dying a lot until you stopped just playing, and started thinking. My experience with its sequel, the upcoming Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising really has captured this unflinching, unremitting approach to warfare. But unlike its predecessor, the key difference is you won’t be losing your head to a sniper while you navigate a mass of obtuse menus. OFP has learned to streamline.
Admire the fur

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:26 am

hmm I cant say any of these videos are impressing me much at all.

Hopefully the game delivers
It is going to have to be VERY good to beat ARMA2

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:27 am

Agree, ArmA II will take something really good to beat it.

Trying to toss up between this and Modern Warfare 2 as funds aren't on my side atm :(

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:44 pm

Bull wrote:Agree, ArmA II will take something really good to beat it.

Trying to toss up between this and Modern Warfare 2 as funds aren't on my side atm :(
I think this vid will give those a better idea of how fluid and the attention to details the developers have spent.

http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/flash ... id=6230734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has some nice MP gameplay as well. Head shots look mean as }8D

I've pre-ordered my copy.. Should get it on 7/10/09...Will post my review with screenies and give an unbiast opinion.
Admire the fur

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:39 pm

unless you have spent a good bit of time playing ARMA2 it will be biased ;p

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Mario-C wrote:unless you have spent a good bit of time playing ARMA2 it will be biased ;p
Considering the game is only just coming out in a few days, and where as ArmAII has been out for some time now and been patched considerably, plus an expansion pack in the works and due out soonish, I'll be basing my opinion solely on the game itself on how it performs, and not comparing it to anything else like ArmAII (patched) or CODMW 2. It would be fair to compare it to ArmAII if both titles were released at the same time, or within a few weeks of each other.
Admire the fur

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 pm

ok I look forward to it _b

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:00 am

Think they are aiming at different audiences, ArmA2 is going for more the hardcore realisim, one shot and your dead wondering what just happened type stuff, OFP2 from all the videos seems to be a little more leaning towards being able to get joe-bloggs in there and into the action while having fun and not having to worry about all the tactical considerations. Not saying that OFP2 is not going to be fairly hardcore for the general public but think its going to have a nice balance and be able to co-exist with ArmA2

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 am

I agree Jetho; OFP2 is more of a cross between hardcore simmers and Call of Duty on Hardcore mode. You'll have the ability to spawn on your leader (like BF2 does) or any member of your fire team. I don't see this as less 'Sim' but more 'gamer's friendly'. besides, i've played hundreds of hours of ArmA in co-op and in head to head, and the required cordination with other players for rides etc gets a little much after a while. Each weapon is modelled according to its real world punching power when it hits real world objects, ie flak jackets, bullet proof vests, helmets, iron fences, brick walls, trees, etc.. From what i have read there is no weapons balancing for gameplay which will make it hard. People will run, walk, sprint at differeent speeds and endurance will be much different depending on your kit and weapon load out. Vehicles won't be actual sims ie; tanks being as tech as Steel Beasts or choppers being like Black Shark....but ArmAII is the same.

What i'll miss is OFP2 won't have a TrackIR option. Probably because the game is being developed for multiple platforms unlike ArmAII. I still think this will be a huge lose though. ArmA supported TrackIR and its a very useful tool that worked well.

The big unknown for me is, is the game windows based for server or is it Linux?

4 more days waiting.
Admire the fur

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:17 pm

multiplayer not looking too flash.. :mad:

Couple of things I found on the net today about this game in regards to multiplayer there are some MAJOR shortcomings:

1. Limited to 3 modes - Co-op (up to 4), Annihilation (deathmatch limited to 16v16), and Infiltration (16v16, one team holds a defensive position, and the other must take over)

2. No dedicated server and/or server browser; purely peer-to-peer ala Xbox Live. Posted to this effect here: http://community.codemasters.com/for...&postcount=377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3. No support for joining multiplayer game in progress. Posted to this effect here: http://community.codemasters.com/for...&postcount=673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Not being able to join game in progress really sux... Wonder if the PC version is different? That is probably why i couldn't find anything about dedicated server info - there isn't one :ffs: Surely they thought of this for pc version? Its pretty friggin basic! The co-op is available for campaign which is good. team death match and attack/defend is pretty standard mp modes. Would be good to have capture the flag or blow something up mode O_o
Admire the fur

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:18 am

I was going to buy this off steam but i think i might just wait till other ppl have it and get it from gameplanet.

You would think that they would make sure that the pc multi was like the first Ofp!
Can't join mid game...gay
Wah Wah Wah

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 am

I've ordered my copy from CD WOW, downside is that it'll be at least a week after it's released that it gets delivered. Visually the game stills fab.

Oh well, too much work on to play games, when the games arrive, the work gets forgotten :D
YouTube videos

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Steam unlocks the game in 24 hours and with the current exchange rate it offers the game at under $60. To tempting with getting it a week earlier as well. Be careful when reading reviews that you have the PC version being evaluated and not the Xbox360 version. I can't speak for the multiplayer but the graphics and controls will be far surperior on the PC version. The command interface will just take a bit of getting used to but most of us have played Crysis and it should work in a similar fashion. 8)
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:15 am

Snake and I have been playing it tonight.

Online multiplayer is up and working.

I joined a few quick battles.

Felt like a cross between BF2 and Arma which is fun...need more time to see how I feel. Battles do feel much less grand in scale thean Arma 2 but are intense.

and there is NO join in progress with the PC multiplayer modes. :(
SCu - the original

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:26 am

Graphics dont seem as hi res as Arma 2. I guess it shows its console ties nowadays.

I dont know but in my mind this isnt going to blow you away with next-gen graphics. It has a washed out look to it that reminds me of early Half Life 2 with lower textures at times.

Combat is really fun with infantry, although...and for me its a BIG although there is no free look or side lean. You cant lean out from behind trees or around corners. No free look means vehicles are ..hmm not as intuitive to fly. You basically have to go in 3rd person view to fly to keep any sense of orientation around the vehicle.
I found it really hard to get a sense of where my Ai where as I had to turn in a circle to check on them I couldnt just turn my head whilst running forward. I understand this in a console version but on the PC after Arma 2 it seems a bit simple.

But seriously it is fun and VERY EASY to get a multiplayer game with a small group going.
SCu - the original

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:38 am

SimHQ interview mentions TrackIR is supported
Magnum: Will NaturalPoint TrackIR™ 6 DoF support be included with the PC version?

Tim: We do support Track IR but not all of the 6DoF
http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_136a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So the game was shipped without dedicated server option but may be supported later?
Magnum: Will there be a dedicated server capability for the PC?

Tim: The game will not ship with dedicated servers however it is something we're considering support at a later date.
The article looks promising that the creators will be lookiing at addressing the games short comings ie; no dedicated server, cannot join mp while in session, limited numbers in mp, limited MP types of play, etc...
Admire the fur

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:56 am

Track IR does NOT work at the moment and I cant see it ever being able to work effectively with OFP as there is no free look at all. It would only be able to work in turning your whole body. It would be great if this was reworked. Time will tell.

We will have 7 of us on tonight if anyone here wants to grab a copy today and join us.

Co-op mode is really fun, but so far i think Arma 2 has a much better multiplayer mode. Grass really works much better in this though.

Oddly enough there is no serial number needed for online play nor any email registration for an online mulitplayer profile.

If you die in co-op mode you can not rejoin...this really sucks. It may be possibel that a medic can revive you but you only seem to have a short window to do that.
SCu - the original

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Well i heard from some goat lover that you need to be more of a team player :cute:
Wah Wah Wah

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Well i heard from some goat lover that you need to be more of a team player :cute:
lmao
Admire the fur

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:31 pm

:cute:

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Everyones a comedian... :crazy:

Go obtain a copy and join us for some games Sas.
SCu - the original

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 am

I"ve already pre-ordered my copy and paid for it.

PC review

http://www.gamingheaven.net/gamingrevie ... viewid=828#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

has a great vid in the review..(first one)...
Admire the fur