Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headset

Life is short. Play more.
Foxman

Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headset

Post by Foxman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:16 pm

looking at buying a headst,these look good,was looking at the turtle beach r8 but to much $ for them as know one in NZ has them,does anyone have the razar? what they like and are ya happy with them

Ratman

Re: Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headset

Post by Ratman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Hawkins has them _b

global pc in christchurch is stocking the razor gear _b

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 pm

I use a steelseries 4h and its the best headset ive had. But I havent tried many gaming headsets, there are a heap around and are basicly all well priced.

Foxman

Post by Foxman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:47 am

cheers guys

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:14 am

Aaron wrote:I use a steelseries 4h and its the best headset ive had. But I havent tried many gaming headsets, there are a heap around and are basicly all well priced.

i have the steel series 4h as my back up ... yes its a great head set .. but the hp-1 is better ,,,,

and no rat i dont have the hp-1 my bro does however and yes it is great .. i use the megladon and this is well .... the ultimate imho its just blimmin insane all the work for the sound card is released from your actual computer as it comes built in to a inline control box on the headset itself ... forget the price tag it really isnt that bad after you have used them as i say they are insane
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

Foxman

Post by Foxman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm

hi Hawkins,how much did the megladon cost ya? and where ya get it from.Is the Barricuda just as good mate.So with these headphones,do ya need a decent sound card or they sweet without it.

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Foxman wrote:hi Hawkins,how much did the megladon cost ya? and where ya get it from.Is the Barricuda just as good mate.So with these headphones,do ya need a decent sound card or they sweet without it.
heya fox .. the barracuda is a good headset yes ... and above most others you will find .. but yeah you do need a good sound card .. hense why i went with the megladon .
i cant recall exactly what i paid with exchange rates n all that ...

i get all my razer gear direct from the website which is www.razerzone.com

currently i own

razer lycosa keyboard
razer lachesis mouse
and obviously the megladon head set ( when i get it back off my brother who seems to like it more than me )

any issues at all they send a replacement straight away . no questions asked .. the email crew are fast and very helpfull which is odd for a over seas company as far as any experience ive had so far ...

i personally dont think i would buy anything other than razer from now ... its just that good

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:28 pm

actually another thought .....

ive heard the steel series 5h ( which is the one above aarons and also my back up set .. ) also has an inbuilt sound card type thing ... would be interesting to see how they compare .. i know harvey norman stock steel series products .. it may be worth a look ....

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:31 pm

I use the Logitech G35 and despite being $240 I would highly recommend them. Awesome sound, lift mic boom and it automatically mutes and has programable buttons. Could be used as ear muffs as well as they fit nice and snug but don't touch your ears which I hate when gaming for any more than about 15 minutes.
Inspector

---

Foxman

Post by Foxman » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:04 pm

was looking at a sound card called Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 Channel PCI Sound Card,are these ay good,can get a 2nd hand one for $75,is that a good price? Will get the razer barracuda at the same time

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Inspector wrote:I use the Logitech G35 and despite being $240 I would highly recommend them. Awesome sound, lift mic boom and it automatically mutes and has programable buttons. Could be used as ear muffs as well as they fit nice and snug but don't touch your ears which I hate when gaming for any more than about 15 minutes.
Very much agree with this, they work fantastically. Although only $177 from Ascent