Normal Mode
43%
I am not phased/just want to see results
7%

Total votes: 14

Harding Jr

Hardcore/Normal for next SCu vs KSR Battle Royal

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:24 pm

So quite simple really vote which one you choose so we have a better idea for the next match up.

Please if you don't intend on actually showing up then don't vote or choose the option to see the results.

This is also the place to plead what option you prefer and why ;) _b .

------------------------------------------------

Sunday
Game Mode: Rush - Non-Hardcore
Teamspeak: Scu Teamspeak (can someone post teamspeak info in this thread for those that don't have it please)
8:20pm - shit talking/warm up games
8:30pm(ish) - Start the match up

Now from here on in (wont count the first two weeks as one was me vs SCu and last week was a draw) we will start a little points system. Now this means nothing but bragging rights so don't get to serious.

[*]The way our points system will be scored will be one each round. On each map we all have a defending and attacking round.
[*]Each map will have two rounds, if you win a round your team gets 1 point.
[*]Because on some maps the it is easier to defend or vise versa points from a round will only be added to your teams total if both teams have attacked and defended on the same map.
[*]The winner of the night if points are equal can be decided by a round done on an incomplete map. The point will not be added to the overall points.
Last edited by Harding Jr on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

2LO

Re: Hardcore/Normal for next SCu vs KSR Battle Royal

Post by 2LO » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:54 pm

I say HC therefore you cant get ripped off so to speak by you shooting someone say from point bank with a shotty and not killing them where as they do the same thing with a m9 pistol and drop ya 1 bullet.. HC is fairest IMO for the skilled and unskilled, Gives everyone a fair chance _b
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Its time to rotate back to vanilla. We played HC last time.

No one wants a one shot camper killing them from long range from a stupid shot gun or medic uzi thing on HC. Vanilla encourages team/squad play and tactics over gay counter strike snap shot one hit kills.

Vanilla is the fairest IMO for the skilled and unskilled, Gives everyone a fair chance _b
SCu - the original

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Even though I found HC with sniper and m60 rape, I still think it should go to normal. As I can guarantee I shot some people in their toes and got a kill (sniper).

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:29 am

spanky_nz wrote:Its time to rotate back to vanilla. We played HC last time.

No one wants a one shot camper killing them from long range from a stupid shot gun or medic uzi thing on HC. Vanilla encourages team/squad play and tactics over gay counter strike snap shot one hit kills.

Vanilla is the fairest IMO for the skilled and unskilled, Gives everyone a fair chance _b
Couldn't disagree more, but I'm happy to run with the majority so long as we get to have a play :D

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:04 am

2LO wrote:I say HC therefore you cant get ripped off so to speak by you shooting someone say from point bank with a shotty and not killing them where as they do the same thing with a m9 pistol and drop ya 1 bullet.. HC is fairest IMO for the skilled and unskilled, Gives everyone a fair chance _b
We're playing BC2 not Black Ops lol. I'm pretty sure point blank shotty no matter the mode will kill ya.
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:08 am

I voted Hardcore, cause in my eyes, its the fairest mode which gives everyone a chance.

Regardless of mode there will be snipers camping it up.

I think HC gives everyone a chance and rewards accuracy more then non HC. I also find it a pain in the ass when you line someone up in Non HC, and in the time you empty your clip into them to kill them, theyve had time to turn around, load there Gustav/Tube, aim and shoot and kill you before you get to kill them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gustav/AT weapons nerfed against infantry for the next match _b

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 am

spanky_nz wrote:No one wants a one shot camper killing them from long range from a stupid shot gun or medic uzi thing on HC. Vanilla encourages team/squad play and tactics over gay counter strike snap shot one hit kills.
Edit*
camping is simply a tactic (and so is spawn killing) that some don't agree with.... Just play smarter ;)

ya, i voted HC...

HC vs Non HC settings...brings back memories of running CoD4 matches. (:
Admire the fur

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Sasquatch wrote:Edit*
camping is simply a tactic (and so is spawn killing) that some don't agree with.... Just play smarter ;)
(:
The Fish in the Barrell don't see it that way :crazy:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Must mean your attending next round Sas ;p .

I voted for non hardcore because I wanna see the map pretty much. The small amount of bullets to kill, bigger splash zones etc I like, but I wanna be able to see wtf is going on, I also want to be able to q spot. Or whatever it's called.

Hardcore is just to hardcore for me without missing parts of the GUI. Considering my map knowledge on this game is very little.

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:54 pm

We played HC last time and made the effort to book two matches which we turned up to at more than full strength. We would ask for the right to rotate to vanilla, as is the mode the game is designed and balanced around.

Polls with opinions are more trouble than they are worth. If we had run a poll for a suitable day and time for everybody we would still be pissing around arguing.

Harding take charge, pick a day and time.

SCu will then book the server and be playing vanilla.

Last edited by spanky_nz on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCu - the original

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 pm

A good reason for Non-HC is that we didn't use it last week. Why don't we use it then we can see which is better, then go from there.

I don't mind at all really, as long as the guns still shoot bullets im fine.

But agree with Spanky, pick a mode, time etc. and lets play, if you don't show because of the mode, you're a douche :D

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Noob cannon fodder will be there, regardless if at all possible :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Ok from the last few comments I can take the consensus as being we will try out Non hardcore for our next match up and go from there deciding which will be best option. Sounds good and fair. Because at the end of the day we are all playing the same game no one get's advantages or disadvantaged either way.

Ok so lets bring back out our Table
Monday - KSR Superstocks night
Tuesday - KSR Tarmac guys
Wednesday - Free but difficult for some to make
Thursday - KSR Sperstock Teams
Friday - paaaarty/speedway
Saturday - Paaaarty/speedway
Sunday - Could be a go'er but will have to be a later start around 8.30 onwards to allow for those doing other things that night/ coming back from our of town.

In reality every night is free with a later start time.

Wednesday's did seem good for me but it was hard for some to make. How about a 9pm start on Wednesday? Would that suit those who couldn't normally make Wednesday's?

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Sunday makes the most sense to me _b

Harding - We can run Hardcore mode with the Mini map and spotting etc on. You can adjust all the individual settings.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Bull wrote:Sunday makes the most sense to me _b

Harding - We can run Hardcore mode with the Mini map and spotting etc on. You can adjust all the individual settings.
Sounds like something to try for the next one, Thanks Bull. _b

Does anyone have any complications to a Sunday 8.30pm start? - Can we book the server for an hour or two starting from 8.30pm, or does it have to start at hourly slots?

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Sunday suits me more than Wednesday.

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 pm

I can't do Sunday's, but I appreciate I'm in the minority

2LO

Post by 2LO » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 pm

If i can get my sound and stuff working correctly i might be able to make an appearance If so ill see yous then _b
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:29 am

Obsc3ne wrote:I can't do Sunday's, but I appreciate I'm in the minority
Would a slightly later start say 9pm be more suitable for you 0b?

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 am

Just a note to say well done Harding for standing up and getting involved in the organising _b You'll get told to do things this way and that but end of the day no-one else took the lead so good on ya fulla

If I can get sodding BC2 to login I'll be trying to be online and in for some fragging :)

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:15 am

Once a day, time, and game mode have been selected then its locked in. If you dont like it Bull try then quite simply don't join us.

If having someone make a simple thing like a call on the game mode, day and time is just too dictatorial for you lot then we will gracefully bow out and leave you too it. Now lets cut the crap and let Harding finalize the time. Give him some support and stop questioning every single thing please.

Game: BC2 Vanilla
Day: Sunday
Time: TBA
Server IP: TBA
SCu - the original

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:06 am

spanky_nz wrote:Once a day, time, and game mode have been selected then its locked in. If you dont like it Bull try then quite simply don't join us.

If having someone make a simple thing like a call on the game mode, day and time is just too dictatorial for you lot then we will gracefully bow out and leave you too it. Now lets cut the crap and let Harding finalize the time. Give him some support and stop questioning every single thing please.

lol, Ok I won't let him know that Sundays suit us next time so he can choose a night we can't make. Do you even read the posts before you post?

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:35 am

i can't make weds or tuesdays. Monday or Sunday are free.
Admire the fur

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:41 am

spanky_nz wrote:Once a day, time, and game mode have been selected then its locked in. If you dont like it Bull try then quite simply don't join us.

We do things our way here Spanky, simple as that, if you don't like it then I believe taking your own advice and remembering who's forum you are in would be the go. People here have commitments to racing on certain nights and lives that get in the way, yea its a bit of a shuffle to get the max amount of people avaliable but Harding seems to be doing well and people are being constructive and helpful in their comments rather than 'ferk that its going to be HC and on Wens' which generally around here means sod all show up. Scu may do it differently, good for Scu. This is not however Scu.

Once we're ready to go we'll let Scu know and then we can take things from there _b :)

Oh Wens/Sun all good with me :D