Normal Mode
43%
I am not phased/just want to see results
7%

Total votes: 14

spanky_nz

Re: Hardcore/Normal for next SCu vs KSR Battle Royal

Post by spanky_nz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:03 am

Apologize Jetboy. You are correct. Its not my place to be telling you guys what to do.

I give up, when you finally get it sorted let us know. We will probably end up having a internal SCu Red vs Blue match anyway. As soon as things become this convoluted and debated at every step it takes some of the fun and spontaneity out of things. If we hadnt pushed ahead and set a date the last 2 times Im sure we still would be waiting for a match....sigh

Update: We are going to just roll out an SCU internal friendly next Wednesday. KSR guys are welcome to join.

BC2 Vanilla SCU Red vs Blue (plus friends)
from 8pm next Wednesday the 16th Match
Server TBA
Last edited by spanky_nz on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCu - the original

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:41 am

Sunday or Wednesday sounds good to me, Monday/Tuesday is racing, Thursday thru Saturday busy...

However once I get cockpit installed, not sure hehe
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks Spanky for offering your advice, I think the comments made directed at you were interpreted incorrectly. I think what they were meaning were EVERYONE can offer there advice and preference's like you have done so. I thank you for your input as it has helped (it all has).

I have taken a bit of extra time in organizing a day and time that would hopefully suit the masses so that it can be more of a permanent fixture, not just for a one off event. So that we can have frequent events, weekly, fortnightly. Or however blimmin' much we like :D .

So with all that being said on the next available Sunday if we cant book this week's server slot then next week's will be fine.

Sunday
Game Mode: Rush - Non-Hardcore
Teamspeak: Scu Teamspeak (can someone post teamspeak info in this thread for those that don't have it please)
8:20pm - shit talking/warm up games
8:30pm(ish) - Start the match up

Now from here on in (wont count the first two weeks as one was me vs SCu and last week was a draw) we will start a little points system. Now this means nothing but bragging rights so don't get to serious.

[*]The way our points system will be scored will be one each round. On each map we all have a defending and attacking round.
[*]Each map will have two rounds, if you win a round your team gets 1 point.
[*]Because on some maps the it is easier to defend or vise versa points from a round will only be added to your teams total if both teams have attacked and defended on the same map.
[*]The winner of the night if points are equal can be decided by a round done on an incomplete map. The point will not be added to the overall points.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:01 am

Harding Jr wrote: Sunday
Game Mode: Rush - Non-Hardcore
Teamspeak: Scu Teamspeak (can someone post teamspeak info in this thread for those that don't have it please)
8:20pm - shit talking/warm up games
8:30pm(ish) - Start the match up

[*]The way our points system will be scored will be one each round. On each map we all have a defending and attacking round.
[*]Each map will have two rounds, if you win a round your team gets 1 point.
[*]Because on some maps the it is easier to defend or vise versa points from a round will only be added to your teams total if both teams have attacked and defended on the same map.
[*]The winner of the night if points are equal can be decided by a round done on an incomplete map. The point will not be added to the overall points.
I could post up the details, but prefer if others do it.

Interesting scoring system Harding Jr _b _b

I'll be on Sunday if server details are posted.
Admire the fur

Boony

Post by Boony » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 am

can't make Sundays,

Good work on the organizing Harding. I can tell you from experience, you can not please everyone when trying set up these style of games. Everyone has an opinion on how it should be done but are not prepared to organize it themselves.
The best I can suggest is when I organise these I make a 4 week game plan and slightly change 1 setting each time, That way you have a small compromise on settings each round. Nobody can have it there way each week. You could even set it up so there is Wednesday game and then the following week on a Sunday.

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Might want to slightly change the scoring to the more usual one where the attacker gets one point if they win. Defender does not get any points, they only deny the attackers getting a point. This means every game must have both teams play through each map once on def and once on attack.

Come join us on Wednesday for our Scu Red vs Blue friendly Harding.
SCu - the original

Growler

Post by Growler » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 am

So correct me if I'm wrong but this is for tonight?
Do we have server details etc?

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:31 am

spanky_nz wrote:Might want to slightly change the scoring to the more usual one where the attacker gets one point if they win. Defender does not get any points, they only deny the attackers getting a point. This means every game must have both teams play through each map once on def and once on attack.

Come join us on Wednesday for our Scu Red vs Blue friendly Harding.
I don't quite understand the full meaning of doing it that way but I am intrigued and it does sound pretty good. Like real war the Attackers are after something in this case a point and the defenders are trying to stop them from taking that point so yeah I see that working _b , good suggestion. What I might end up doing at least for the first few match ups is run both scoring tables side by side. I'm sure we will grasp what points structure the masses enjoy the most.

Would we be able to get the server booked for this Sunday please :) . When we get the server info etc please post it up so all can see. _b , Thanks in advance.

Spanky - I would love to but I'm working till midnight this Wednesday :(
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall