Homefront

Life is short. Play more.
Bull

Homefront

Post by Bull » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Anyone bought/played it?

Looks pretty good, multiplayer spose to be pretty good with Choppers, tanks etc.

2LO

Re: Homefront

Post by 2LO » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Thread Allready Made Here
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:13 pm

2LO wrote:Thread Allready Made Here
Yes but that is a thread in the latest gaming news forum with a post regarding the latest news in regards to gaming.

This post was for the FPS Community asking if anyone was playing a new FPS Game that is now out.

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I started playing it today in between V8s and putting cars in sheds etc
Seems like alot of fun it doesn't look as good as the last shoot em up game I played killzone 3.
I think mutli player mite be more fun than killzone but yet to try that, pretty cool weapons and a neat story to it all (mass graves etc :D always a nice touch to make you want to kill more koreans)
But ill have another go at it soon and kill some more time before the next lot of V8s are on :)

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:01 pm

MENTL1_CHB wrote: But ill have another go at it soon and kill some more time before the next lot of V8s are on :)
would really like to read your impressions dude. I am on the fence so far.
Admire the fur

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Graphics are like Fallout. A bit grainy and not at all current gen. The SP story is pretty cool from the get go. I think the actual gameplay in the SP is pretty crap though, AI are not flash. They just pop up and down with limited response. It felt like target shooting and I just got bored and wanted to get to the cut scenes and have the interesting story fleshed out some more.

I cant comment on MP (I have SP only version) though which by all accounts could be its saving grace. I still cant see i t being better then COD or BC though but you never know, new maps and a fresh setting/context may well make it worthwhile.

Saw this interesting comment on it today
Trading Homefront for Crysis 2 this week.
What a disappointment Homefront is. It promised the world and delivered the Shetland Isles.
SCu - the original

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:35 pm

spanky_nz wrote:Graphics are like Fallout. A bit grainy and not at all current gen. The SP story is pretty cool from the get go. I think the actual gameplay in the SP is pretty crap though, AI are not flash. They just pop up and down with limited response. It felt like target shooting and I just got bored and wanted to get to the cut scenes and have the interesting story fleshed out some more.

I cant comment on MP (I have SP only version) though which by all accounts could be its saving grace. I still cant see i t being better then COD or BC though but you never know, new maps and a fresh setting/context may well make it worthwhile.
Yeah Im no expert on combat games but I got the same feeling as above, I started losing alittle bit of interest with SP abit (which was no fault of storyline) but it wasnt like the same old same old as you did get to control afew other things other than point and shot :D
One thing I did like was flying the Apache helicopter firing 50cal bullets at people! that looked awesome!!! _b
Next weekend I mite have ago at MP.

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:46 am

Save your money for Crysis
SCu - the original

steve

Post by steve » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:56 am

spanky_nz wrote:Save your money for Crysis
+1 on that crysis 2 shouldnt be long now :)
if you don't shut up my Makka Pakka Is going To Give Your Upsy Daisy
A Right Good Iggle Piggle Up The Ninky Nonk whilst the Tombliboos Referee!!! (.)(.)

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:43 am

CloneDVD version is already doing the rounds.
SCu - the original

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Whats a clone dvd version?? Never heard of that before.

steve

Post by steve » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Riftcreator wrote:Whats a clone dvd version?? Never heard of that before.
Isnt clone dvd a ripping program :/ And A ripped torrent mite be floaating around but So not worth it to many things to go wrong ..
if you don't shut up my Makka Pakka Is going To Give Your Upsy Daisy
A Right Good Iggle Piggle Up The Ninky Nonk whilst the Tombliboos Referee!!! (.)(.)

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Yes and we do not condone or advertise illegal software or games here at KSR.... :nuke:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:40 pm

@steve> Torrent releases as confirmed by the community are 100% fine, the likes of Reloaded etc have no problems whatsoever. Use a reputable site with private trackers and you will have no troubles.

Many developers nowadays use torrents as an additional source to download their lastest official patches etc from. Armed Assault is a good example of this.

Im not getting into a debate on the ethics of torrents etc but its in everyones interest to be at least accurately informed.
SCu - the original

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:04 pm

No problem up to the Moderator's mate.. I know it has not been condoned in the past..just pointing it out.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Same over at SCu Sulley. A tricky area to bring up in any public forum, we tend to keep these discussions to Teams speak.

In any case Homefront is a pretty lightweight FPS with not a lot to recommend it over and above COD etc.
SCu - the original

2LO

Post by 2LO » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 pm

Will let it slide :) just any direct links of sort will be deleted :)
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:45 pm

spanky_nz wrote:@steve> Torrent releases as confirmed by the community are 100% fine, the likes of Reloaded etc have no problems whatsoever. Use a reputable site with private trackers and you will have no troubles.

Many developers nowadays use torrents as an additional source to download their lastest official patches etc from. Armed Assault is a good example of this.

Im not getting into a debate on the ethics of torrents etc but its in everyones interest to be at least accurately informed.
Actually, they are 100% wrong/bad/illegal. If I didnt know better I could read your post as though it was legal and "not a problem" and get myself into a lot of trouble.

Even a small ISP like the one I work for receives hundreds of cease and desist letters from various companies each week which are dealt with. Laws that may or may not come into action in teh near future could well see users internet being cut off for such activities.

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:52 am

Blizzard themselves use torrents through the Blizzard Downloader to distribute larger patches for WOW, as well as a variety of other fires for the likes of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

A long time favorite at SCu 'Armed Assault' uses torrents to send out ALL of its patches for the entire Armed Assault series as well as game demos. The community is helping itself share these large files at high speed.

Riven you misinterpreted what I wrote. I was merely saying that Steve was incorrect in what he said if he was referring to the files being corrupt of filled with viruses etc..
A ripped torrent mite be floaating around but So not worth it to many things to go wrong ..
. Files within any community checked torrent are safe in terms of the files own structure and integrity. If not they would be quickly nuked.

I have seen an increase in developers using torrents to get appz out on release days to help ease the congestion on their own servers. This is 100% legal and legitimate and it would be great if more developers did this so I dont have to use STEAM to preload things.

At no point was I say the downloading of torrents was legitimized although technically downloading torrents is not illegal as long as you are not infringing copyright. That being so probably only 1% of the available public material is in fact not in breach of some form of copyright.

Update: Went to grab the lastest official update for Rise of Flight off the developers website and came across this:

Makes sense when your dealing with a 3.5g patch.
SCu - the original