Shift 2 Unleashed nfs

Life is short. Play more.
MENTL1_CHB

Shift 2 Unleashed nfs

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:47 pm

Just got this game in my hot little hands will be trying it out tonight, if its any good I mite not turn up for the teams semis this evening :larf:

If I can pull myself away from it I will let ya know what I think of it _b

Cant wait to see what Bathurst is like on it.

Jetboy

Re: Shift 2 Unleashed nfs

Post by Jetboy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Keen to hear what its like, waiting for it to release on Steam but they're not quite on the ball with EA racing games of late. Think EA is trying to get people to use the EA downloader so they can pocket all the funds rather than let steam take a cut

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 pm

Ive got the ps3 version and I have to say you have to have the wheel hooked up if you want to go any good at this, the controls are shocking. (maybe its cause im not used to controllers?)
Ive packed it in as I cant hook my wheel up until racings finshed tonight then i mite have another stab at it :larf:

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Ive been watching this game quite a bit with interest, it looks great, but after the shambles and the problems that the Original NFS Shift had Im a bit skeptical ... will definately be keen to hear your results and if anyone got it on PC what they think _b

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:19 pm

They are already working on downloadable content...

2LO

Post by 2LO » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:53 am

I'm with everyone else on this, Keen to read your feedback on this game once you've had a decent go at it Mentl..

As Bull said after the problem's with NFS Shift #1 I too will be cautious of buying the game unless there's convincing feedback that the game is well worth the money
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Yeah played it for alittle bit after racing last night but carried on with controller (got the hang of it alittle) as I couldnt be arsed moving wheel and screen etc.
If I have time this weekend I will hook the wheel which I reakon will make the game that much better!
Most of the tracks that I had a skid on looked pretty sweet, they even had a build up of marble's on the outside of some of the corners which seemed to be a nice touch, Unsure if it effected the car being on them as its hard to tell with the controller, But pretty sure I had rubber pick up but will have to get back to you on that.
One thing I did like was the contact with other cars etc not that your ment to make contact with them but man oh man you can have some big prangs :larf: :larf: even rolling other cars too!!! (it wasnt on purpose)
The AI cars dont seem stiff like some games so they pretty much act the same as your car does under contact which means you can spin them as easy as they can spin you! and yes they will spin you :D

This game is half arcade and half sim and if thats you thing Im sure youll like it...... But once I hook up the wheel then Ill be able to tell you for sure!

maxlev

Post by maxlev » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Was in the warehouse today, getting some cheap n nasty
saw it on the shelf for 99
checkout pinged me 88
i did not argue
will give it a whirl soon

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm with Mentl on this one, it sure is a bit weird to get used to!! thought it was just me after not having a tear on the ol PS3 for a while haha but yeah once you get the hang of it not too bad after that :P

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:00 pm

MENTL1_CHB wrote: One thing I did like was the contact with other cars etc not that your ment to make contact with them but man oh man you can have some big prangs :larf: :larf: even rolling other cars too!!! (it wasnt on purpose)
The AI cars dont seem stiff like some games so they pretty much act the same as your car does under contact which means you can spin them as easy as they can spin you! and yes they will spin you :D

This game is half arcade and half sim and if thats you thing Im sure youll like it...... But once I hook up the wheel then Ill be able to tell you for sure!
:D hate hitting ai cars in most racing games, 300 kms off end of straight and nothing.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:49 am

I got PC version installed earlier, like the t shirt :D

Game is surprising good so far and only played a little, best handling NFS game yet, steering a bit heavy but maybe able to tweak that..loaded g27 controls outta the box and was away with helmet cam, interesting look to apex feature, straight outta GTR2..works well.

Menus nice and clean, mouse works...

Will have a nother lash at it tomorrow, Elite Mode, full hardcore driving model, Manual Gearbox a must..mmmm

All I can say is what a great game Hot Pursuit would been if these guys made it, what a shame :rolleyes:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

2LO

Post by 2LO » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:23 am

Sounds quite decent so far from the feedback coming in.. 1 question though is can someone please post up the specs required for the game? I imagine they cant be too demanding but id like to see before going out to purchase and realizing my pc cant run it
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:30 am

So I hooked up my wheel last night and played for afew hours and must say its so much better than that bloody controller :larf: but............. its far from perfect handling wise, the racing was going quite well but once I got to the drifting...... fark!!! :ffs: I couldnt even hold a drift and this was with the std G25 default in game settings! Im not sure how others are going to get on without spending alot of time adjusting all ya wheel sets.
I spent about anhour trying to get it right but end up quiting and going to bed :D I made it better but still nowhere near to my liking, so I just thought Id jump on the comp this morning and search the net to see if anyone else has the ideal wheel settings and use that.

Its such a shame that the handling isnt quite up there even in race mode as the Bathurst track is just amazing worth the price of the game alone!! Its absolutely beautiful.

But maybe the handing will change alittle with different wheel settings.... will keep ya posted.

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:34 am

I agree there once again mentl, got to the drifting last night, did a couple of comps using Mad Mikes RX8 ? the red bull one anyway :P man it screams like a hua on a friday night!!! but damn hard to control the drifting!!!

You actually have to balance the throttle and steering etc not like normal games for drifting and feels as though the wheels once locked just say turning right they will stay like that and you physically need to hold it going back the other way if that makes sense ?

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:29 am

This sounds like the ticket so will try it alittle later on.... Fingers x
The default settings are so horrible I don't recommend using them for long. (Unless driving Jello is what you prefer.)
Use the first set of Advance settings I have listed and tweak them to your personal style as your get used to the game.
The second set of Advance settings are what I have chosen as my own permanent settings.

Handling Mode: Elite
All Assists: OFF (except for ABS)

Note: Be sure not to hit the two middle red buttons on the G27 shifter because that will toggle ON and OFF the Traction Control and Stability Control.

Manual Gears: ON
Auto Clutch: OFF or ON (Its up to you)

Note: It helps to re-map the Auto Gears and Auto Clutch button(s) with the Hud display and View change so you don't accidently turn the Auto Clutch or Auto Gears back on during gameplay.

Options > Gamplay> Controls> Adjust Controls> (R1) to Advance Controls.

------------1. Start with this as your baseline.------------------2. This is fine tuned to my personal preference.

FFB:_______________100%____________________________________100%

Steering DZ:________1 - 2%___________________________________1%

Steering SN:________60 - 80%_________________________________75%

Throttle DZ:________ 0%______________________________________0%

Throttle SN:________50%______________________________________40%

Brake DZ:__________0%_______________________________________0%

Brake SN:__________50%______________________________________45%

Clutch DZ:__________0%_______________________________________0%

Clutch SN:__________50%______________________________________60%

Speed SN:__________0%_______________________________________0%

Drift Speed SN:______0%_______________________________________0%

Steering Lock:_______900*______________________________________900*

Drift Steering Lock:___900*______________________________________900*

(To fine tune *each cars steering lock*, go to the *vehicles tuning menu*) < I cannot stress enough how important this setting is.

Note: By adding some steering deadzone (1 - 2%) it makes driving at top speed alot easier. If you leave the deadzone at zero it casues the two G27 FFB motors to fight each other... pushing back and forth, making it difficult to keep the car strait. This swaying motion ends up putting you in the grass or spinning out of control.

Note: Some users have posted back with good results using a 450* lock. Although...I only recommend using this lock degree when driving the GT spec race cars. I DO NOT recommend this degree for drifting as it become difficult to make small corrections. The steering will become to twitchy to hold a drift. Do not be discouraged at how difficult it is to drift with a wheel in Shift 2...It takes alot of practice.

Note: If you choose to set up your G27 with 900* you will find it becomes difficult to turn quick on tight tracks with certain cars. This is where each vehicals tuning menu comes in handy. By increasing a specific cars steering lock you can increase the responsiveness of the steering without compromising the visual 900* correspondence between your *G27 Steering wheel* and the in game *cockpit view steering wheel*.

Note: For Steering Sensitivity at 50 - 80%. By increasing this value the in game steering will become more responsive (quick to your actions). By decreasing this value the in game steering becomes less responsive (slow to your actions). A higher value is desired here.

Note: For Throttle pedal sensitivity at 50%. This a way of saying The pedal at 0% is just as sensitive at 100%. The pedal stroke is linear... similar to a mechanicly operated throttle cable on a real car. By decreasing this value you are making the upper portion of the pedal stroke less responsive and the lower portion of the stroke more responsive and vise versa.

Note: For Brake Pedal sensitivity at 50%. This is just a baseline. Here your personal preference is what matters most. By decreasing this value you are making the upper portion of the pedal stroke less responsive and the lower portion of the stroke more responsive. So ideally a lower value here is desired because it would be similar to a brake pedal on a real car.

Note: For Clutch Pedal sensitivity at 50%. This is just a baseline. Just like the brake, this setting is personal preference. Some prefer a clutch that engages/disengages high, some prefer it low. Increasing the value here will raise the engagement/disengagement point. Decreasing the value will lower the engagement/disengagement point.

Note: Speed and (Drift) Speed sensitivity. This setting is a way of keeping the car more controllable at high speeds, mostly in a strait line. This setting becomes less important as you increase the steering wheel degree rotation. At 900* speed sensitivity isn't an issue. So this value at 0% is a way of saying the steering response is unaltered at any speed. The more you increase this value the less reponsive the car will become as your speed increases.

Try it out.

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:56 am

This whole steering wheel issue is ruining it for me im over it :mad: Ill stick to GT5

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Why don't you just copy the settings you use from rFactor? I usually copy my stuff from rFactor for most driving games I use a wheel on cause then that way at least you are familiar with the settings

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:59 am

was gonna get this but if wheel is a pain to use I might pass, I dont have a g25/7 but I have used my DFP on playstation for nfs games before with no problem just uncomfortable trying to race on the couch ;p