World of Tanks

Life is short. Play more.
MadaMaoriJR

Re: World of Tanks

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Update 8.4 out and has a tutorial/training Exercise to give you a run down on the basic gameplay. (u get money,$6000 and some EXP,300research EXp aswell )

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Sea transfers have been opened up again.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm

4.5gig update :I

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:57 am

was only a 800meg update for me!

4.5G if you full redownload of game. 862 megs if updating from 8.3 to 8.4

http://worldoftanks-sea.com/en/update

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:01 am

Ahhh, yeah had to start over, but thought the old game files would be there and I'd only need an update.

My old account doesn't exist anymore. :(

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:05 am

Thats no good bro

Your old account should still be sweet, just hunt down your 1st account email and all your details should be in there and still active.

Keen to jump on T/S anytime to tryn help (had a hasel changing over to SEA at start, me doing the email account transfer part wrong and ended up making a new email for SEA but still ended up with all my tanks from NA server, Hence names 1tuf on SEA but was MMJ on NA servers)
Last edited by MadaMaoriJR on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:35 am

The email I used for all games is my hotmail account, but when I tried to retreive the account the email was not a valid email.
Tried a password reset, but every single email account I have returned "User with these details not found."
When I re-signed up I used the same details (email and game name) which was accepted, so that tells me the old account is gone.

My old account was banned at one point, would have been maybe a year ago. I never bothered to play it after that, maybe it was deleted?

Oh well, back to the start :(

Mind you, I had only made it to the Marder II, but did have it upgraded and was ready to purchase a Hetzer.

Is there a fast track way to get up the ranks? Best starting tank? etc

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50 am

The level 8 premium tanks are great for making money and free EXP (research), KV5 IS6-ussr, T34-yank, lowe-nazi. there between 40-65 notes ( dollars ) but with premium account and a hard days thrashing you can make a million and a day :).

What i do is thrash my premium tank (KV5) with prem account, then use that coin (in game silver ) to buy tanks and modules and sometimes convert the research with real coin if i want to research a tank or module fast ( I.E i need that gun before a clan war or want that tank here/now/right this second lol )

Yank: alround good tanks

Ussr: good slope to tanks (I.E bounce shots off )

Nazi: good guns and amour slow as hell tho ( my maus is so clumsy and slow its not funny, even with 1700HP still only does 20Kph max lol)

French: fast semiauto guns (3 or 6 shotters then go hide while you reload the clip lol) but weak amour. watchout for any frenchy starting with the word BATCHAT lol

china: only at tier 7 on them so cant say ATM

Brits: same as chinese havnt been there to the top yet (but there is a TD, tank destroyer) that can/could take the top USSR heavy IS7 down with 1 shot)

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Awesome, cheers! Will start the grind again. Brilliant fun whan I feel like a quick game of some sort _b
MadaMaoriJR wrote:40-65 notes ( dollars )
Won't be buying tanks, that's for sure.

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:35 pm

Awsome :)

Id be keen to jump on with you and help you get afew medals ( I.E brothers in arms medal, we platoon together and both get 3 kills each in the one battle)

Premium tanks are only good for making money (I.E you cant research modules (its already maxed out) or go up the tier tree (next highest tank). There are lower tier premiums aswell (teir5 for 15-20bucks) but you can only get the top tanks (tier 10) on the FREE line ;)

Oh almost forgot: China and english tanks have accurate guns with great penatration, the damage is just not that great, but they do fire alot of rounds per minute aswell :)

Goodluck out there :)

Edit: A few mods out there that can help
http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldofta ... -indicator
show where your being shot from
http://wot-shot.com/zone_penetration_of_the_tank/
shows where to shoot them, modules&crew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Riftcreator wrote:... Best starting tank? etc
Depends on your style. I've gone up to at least tier V in Russian, German and British TDs and tanks (now have exp my 1st tier VII, JagdPanther TD, just waiting for $ to rack up). Russians are more for a brawler style, Germans more shoot and scoot. British light tanks for quick fire accurate penetration from long range. Each line has their gems. T-50. Stug III. Cruiser III. Matilda.

If you're restarting, I'd recommend German tank line, push through LTractor fast, then get Pz 35t and then 38t, with 75% crew training and binocs and camo. Both can be brawlers or snipers or scouts, and have reasonable speed and mobility. This way you can work out what style play you enjoy the most, then pick the most suitable line.

Only money I've spent is some gold ($20?) to allow me more garage and barracks slots.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Main_Page for lots of info.

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Wed May 15, 2013 9:49 am

Riftcreator wrote: My old account was banned at one point, would have been maybe a year ago. I never bothered to play it after that, maybe it was deleted?
Wooo that must of been some bad sh_t to get account banned bro

I just killed 3 team mates (Stupid tier 8 arty bring two mates that were tier 1 to a tier 10 game lol), so i killed them all for 24hr standdown _b , And verbal abuse gets 24 hr standdown normally ( unless its a WG-WarGaming adnim, then its a week standdown)

Boony

Post by Boony » Fri May 17, 2013 4:40 pm

MadaMaoriJR wrote:
Riftcreator wrote: My old account was banned at one point, would have been maybe a year ago. I never bothered to play it after that, maybe it was deleted?
Wooo that must of been some bad sh_t to get account banned bro

I just killed 3 team mates (Stupid tier 8 arty bring two mates that were tier 1 to a tier 10 game lol), so i killed them all for 24hr standdown _b , And verbal abuse gets 24 hr standdown normally ( unless its a WG-WarGaming adnim, then its a week standdown)
Haven't been stood down yet for Tking or abusing the S#$t out of anyone. Must try harder next time. Or maybe they just don't understand me on the sea server as they sure as hell don't know how to drive their tanks.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Fri May 17, 2013 8:13 pm

I let my 4 yearold play a few rounds MMJ, massive team killing I assume because the next time I tried to log on I was perm banned :larf:

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Heres how bad the matchmaker on the SEA server can be lol

Thats 10 ARTYS on 1 side with no scouts lol Shocking