Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Life is short. Play more.
Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Post by Bold » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:52 am

The new Ghost recon game has finally gone gold and due for release very soon. Aparently they have developed this completely seperate from the X-Box version and going by the old Ghost Recon should be great fun co-op.

The demo has been released today, which includes one map and multiplayer support, 530mb and available from the usual places. :)

Who's keen to give this a go tonight? Ill fire up a server if no one else will.

I haven't actually read too much detail about this yet, but it definately has promise :)

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:18 pm

Well, fired it up single player and the initial impressions aren't too good... I get between 2 and maybe 20 fps with all settings on their lowest. That makes it rather hard to make a fair judgement. If it had a decent frame rate the general game would probably be good, if only I could see the bad guys and aim properly...

I know my pc is getting a bit old, but for it to not be playable at all theres something wrong... My pc is an Athlon XP 3200+, 1gig ddr400 and an Nvidia 6800 128mb.

Back to Oblivion I guess, which runs fine :) well, ok atleast.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:36 pm

Bold wrote:Well, fired it up single player and the initial impressions aren't too good... I get between 2 and maybe 20 fps with all settings on their lowest. That makes it rather hard to make a fair judgement. If it had a decent frame rate the general game would probably be good, if only I could see the bad guys and aim properly...

I know my pc is getting a bit old, but for it to not be playable at all theres something wrong... My pc is an Athlon XP 3200+, 1gig ddr400 and an Nvidia 6800 128mb.

Back to Oblivion I guess, which runs fine :) well, ok atleast.
So you're not running on the Ti4200 anymore then?

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:38 pm

Nope, replacement 6800 came on Wednesday :D

Its had several hours of Oblivion since then and no more issues :D

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:29 pm

Wow, this game is a real resource hog.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sat May 13, 2006 9:00 am

I picked up the game and am keen to start playing through it in co-op. Has anyone else got it? Post here or pm me if you pick up a copy and we can have some co-op goodness this weekend. _b
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Sat May 13, 2006 12:03 pm

was going to grab a copy until i saw the required system specs, afraid my machine is starting to show its age :(

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue May 16, 2006 10:40 am

I gave into the peer pressure and picked up a copy yesterday to play some co-op :)

My current impressions are a lot better than they were with the demo on my old pc.. I now get a nice smooth framerate in high detail in 1280x960 :D

Coop is certainly promising, althoug I can see it being quite frustrating as well.. There are a couple of small issues in MP that I think could be adjusted.. Firstly the mission is over as soon as the squad leader dies, and when this is Mattly, you know your going to be restarting often.... The levels are qute long, especially when you are taking your time, and trying hard not to get suprised by anything, and there are no in mission save points, which are included in SP. For example, the first mission I was doing with Mattly last night, we were about 45mins in, nearly at the end when Mattly got distracted by the phone and promptly died.. Meaning a restart of the whole level. But with 4 players coop this could be alot of fun :D

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue May 16, 2006 4:58 pm

I got a copy coming from sendit, should get here this week i hope :)
Wah Wah Wah