armed Assault

Life is short. Play more.
Mattly

Post by Mattly » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:48 am

BAZZIL wrote:I think there will be some great coop and vs games to be had in this, who's keen to form up a KSR clan for ArmA? :)
LOL, it will be great if you can put together a clan Bazz, that way [SCu] will have someone to wipe the floor with. :larf:
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:57 am

That sounds like a challenge ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

wide load

Post by wide load » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 pm

BAZZIL wrote:That sounds like a challenge ;p
It wont be a challenge for the SCu boys. :D

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:11 pm

wide load wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:That sounds like a challenge ;p
It wont be a challenge for the SCu boys. :D
Yeah more of a discussion on who we kill first and who we just wound and allow to crawl away. ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:34 pm

BAZZIL wrote:I think there will be some great coop and vs games to be had in this, who's keen to form up a KSR clan for ArmA? :)
Hows that KSR clan looking Bazz? ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:10 pm

There's a 1.05 patch out today with various fixes and new vehicles etc :)

http://www.armedassault.com/dwnl_update.html
Armed Assault wrote:Version 1.05 new features and improvements since version 1.04:

Gameplay
• grass is now simulated for AI and multiplayer
• STOVL support
• improved 3D irong sights
• improved satchel simulation
Campaign
• various improvements and bug fixes across all campaign missions
UI
• overall polish and streamline of menus
• new modern GPS device enabled for some vehicles and situations
• satellite texture can be displayed in the main map
Controls
• improved stability of helicopters
• extended support for keyboard shortcuts
AI
• general AI tweak and improvements
• more realistic AI target detection
Multiplayer
• improved MP browser
• improved voice over net
Compatibility
• all versions possible to upgrade to 1.05 level
• English subtitles enabled for Czech and German versions

Version 1.04 features summary
• AI pathfinding improvements
• AI combat improvements
• Several dedicated server stability issues fixed
• Terrain Detail Very Low disables grass rendering
• LOD blending on vegetation for smoother visual transition
• New content: Su-34 Fighter and Su-34 Bomber, TT650 and M1030 military motorcycles, AKS74PSO, KSVK, M107 and M16A4
I ordered my copy from CDWOW last week for $61.65NZ incl postage, and its turned up today :)

The patch is 225mb for the UK version or 462mb for the international.

I'll be keen to jump in some multiplayer this weekend :D

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:42 pm

And the VRConcepts copies are the Euro release so you can download the smaller version.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:51 pm

Mattly wrote:
u girls just concentrate on picking out the right blouses for the upcoming matches ;)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:24 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Mattly wrote:
u girls just concentrate on picking out the right blouses for the upcoming matches ;)
When are you slags going to form a team and challenge SCu ??? come on we've been practicing our little hearts out :D

I'll even put up a prize :p
Admire the fur

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:23 pm

These slack bastards are a little slow at acquiring a copy of the game.. but don't worry, by easter we will be all set :)

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:43 pm

rough day at work today, had to play ArmA most of the day testing it out...looks like the jobs all in concrete now so will post up some stuff later :p

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Good stuff Jetboy :)

How are you going to cope at work with nothing to do all day but play games?? ;p

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:49 pm

SimHq have posted their ArmA review today

Well worth the read if you haven't decided to grab a copy yet :D
SimHq wrote:Its simple folks. Operation Flashpoint is arguably one of the top ten PC games in computer game history. Armed Assault "ups" that standard. If you are any type of tactical shooter fan, or a virtual battlefield fan, then don’t pass on Armed Assault. Sure you can wait for the US release in May, but then you’ll be missing out on two months of fantastic gaming. The UK v1.05, will surely be patched and updated to match and work with the US version when released.

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:53 pm

Yup - it should have the caution that like OFP, ArmA is more than likely going to take a whole bunch of patches before it's the classic that OFP was.

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:30 am

There's a couple of things that need work arounds but having spent the last two weeks on refining one map and getting to know it pretty well, I'd have to say its a heap better already than the final releases of ofp. They have also built in little touches of intuitiveness. The more I delve into it's potential the more I am impressed and amazed at the scope of possibilities which will only really be limited by the map makers imagination. _b _b
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:44 am

^^^ Good to hear.

Me I've just found the game's performance and campaign mission quality so low as to drive me away... (much to do with 8800 issues from where I'm sitting).

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:22 am

It is hungry on resources. Turning view distance down to 1200 gives a huge leap in performance. I have few issues on a P3 & 6800 ultra.
Can't say I've played more than 1 campain mission as the multiplayer is far too much fun. There's some very good Aussie servers up at all times with huge missions of up to 20 odd players and you can join in mid round.
Give it a go.. :)
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Wolfman

Post by Wolfman » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:40 am

Agent X20 wrote:^^^ Good to hear.

Me I've just found the game's performance and campaign mission quality so low as to drive me away... (much to do with 8800 issues from where I'm sitting).
I will say that if your whole focus is on the single player campaign, then yeah you might not enjoy the game. But if you get into multiplayer, user custom made campaigns... it will increase your enjoyment immensely. The performance thing with your card sucks, but hopefully that will be addressed soon.
Murray: And look at the flames coming from the back of Berger's McLaren
James: Actually, Murray, they're not flames, it's the safety light

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:48 pm

I finished the campaign last week. It was definitely enjoyable, but also lacking a lot of polish.. The scripting on the final mission completely fell apart and I just had to keep driving around for ages trying to trigger the end of mission script. I did get there eventually though :D

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:24 pm

Wolfman wrote:

I will say that if your whole focus is on the single player campaign, then yeah you might not enjoy the game. But if you get into multiplayer, user custom made campaigns... it will increase your enjoyment immensely. The performance thing with your card sucks, but hopefully that will be addressed soon.
aggreed... the single player campaign isn't the focus on the game... the MISSION editor is... i think this game will be one of the top 10 best ever for pc gaming but it has a way to go and the fps community will foster it hopefully...
Admire the fur

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:51 pm

Wolfman wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the scene having spent a lot of time with OFP. But I did try a local multi mission and the combination of spongey controls and the gradual disappearance of textures (rocks turning into gray blobs, building textures going all blurry and plants going all wierd) really didn't do much for me.

Not when I can play Titan's Quest or GTR2 for hours and hours no problem.

Much of this I put down to very immature and buggy drivers from Nvidia and ArmA being very rough around the edges in combination.

I don't want to put down the game - but I've seen just how much smoother a 1900XT/256 runs the game than my 8800. It's slightly frustrating!

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Agent X20 wrote:
Wolfman wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the scene having spent a lot of time with OFP. But I did try a local multi mission and the combination of spongey controls and the gradual disappearance of textures (rocks turning into gray blobs, building textures going all blurry and plants going all wierd) really didn't do much for me.

Not when I can play Titan's Quest or GTR2 for hours and hours no problem.

Much of this I put down to very immature and buggy drivers from Nvidia and ArmA being very rough around the edges in combination.

I don't want to put down the game - but I've seen just how much smoother a 1900XT/256 runs the game than my 8800. It's slightly frustrating!
dude, could that be caused by the issues you have had with your graphics card?? i've noticed bugs but not like that..
Admire the fur

Major Havoc

Post by Major Havoc » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 am

There is a new patch for AA: Arma
v1.08
Main New Features of 1.08 version

* Improved clarity and reliability of Voice over net
* Increased contrast of light for all weather conditions
* Bullet impact is now visualised also on all objects and vehicles
* 2D optics now support wide screen aspect ratio correctly
* Various AI, UI, gameplay and stability improvements and tweaks
* New texture detail "Default" that autodetects the amount of VRAM. Recommended Texture Detail setting for users of cards with more than 512 VRAM.
* Reworked logic of teamswitch to make it more suitable for detailed manual squad command control.
* Full support for multiple airports.
* A bit faster and more fluent radio protocol.

Details here :
http://www.armedassault.com/dwnl_update.html
Major Havoc [PzC]
Ping Zero

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 am

Patch is ~550mb, and I'm currently on my second attempt at download it..

Must play some more AA soon :)