Lost password

Life is short. Play more.
Sasquatch

Lost password

Post by Sasquatch » Mon May 15, 2006 1:38 pm

Here's the problem...

Haven't played BF2 in about 2 weeks now and when i went to log in my password wasn't remembered in the field. I found where i had written it down and typed it in for = wrong password provided... this happened for several attempts...

so, i go to account management and request my password to be reset...it sends you an email stating to click on link to reset your password... you enter in new password and all should be sweet... ... WRONG,. did this and went to log in and same problem...

Soooooo, i figure there needs to be down time before the server updates or same damn thing so 24hours later i attempt to log in and still being told wrong password.

Yes, i am making sure the username is correct and spelled correctly.. This is damn annoying as i just went up a level and unlocked a new gun. :mad:

Has anyone had simular problems in the past and/or knows what the solution is?

http://bf2s.com/player/58118188/
Admire the fur

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon May 15, 2006 2:10 pm

I had to do this just yesterday.. After reinstalling the game it continuosly said that I had an invalid password.. I used the reset password thing and then managed to get in no probs, about 1 minute later.

This doesen't really help I guess..

You dont have capslock on or something silly? Don't have numlock on?

It is a right pain in the arse that they had to use the gamespy authentication stuff..

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon May 15, 2006 2:24 pm

It really really really sux arse dude....

1st thing i checked was capslocks, numlocks, etc...

I've been googling the web for FAQs ont he subject and have found others with same problem and nobody seems to have solution. The problem is a bit ghey really :ffs:

Anyways, will keep trying ;(
Admire the fur

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Mon May 15, 2006 2:27 pm

^^ tell me about it.
I haxxed my bf2 shortcut to include my username and password so I don't have to worry... and if I forget the password its right there in the shortcut :)

xxxxx\bf2.exe -username "sasquatchNZCAN" -password "blahblah"
I think thats how it goes anyway... and of course this doesn't really help as your password isn't working :larf: but after you get it working it will save you a small bit of annoyance.
(Also you can delete the movies to skip them)

Gamearena BF2 ladder game for our team tonight, challenging for position #38 (we are trying to make it into the top 8 within two weeks or so, semi-finals)
Started at position 96 two weeks ago so making fast progress through the upper ranks thus far.. will get more challenging now!
Halo Racing

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue May 16, 2006 10:23 am

Update... still no luck...

bit fustrating really as last night there were a few dudes on Teamspeak playing BF2 and I wanted to joint but can't... Guess i could always create a new account and start all over again but Bah to that..

cheers bold and scrunty...
Admire the fur

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue May 16, 2006 10:31 am

Heh, well actually, there were people in the Battlefield channel on Teamspeak talking about shooting bad guys... But we were trying out Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, not Battlefield, so you weren't missing out on anything.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue May 16, 2006 12:17 pm

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is that for pc or xbox 360?
Admire the fur

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue May 16, 2006 12:29 pm

PC, the pc version only came out in the last couple of days.. Its got some pretty steep system requirements though.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue May 16, 2006 12:58 pm

I am hanging out for Armed Assult. hoping multiplayer is far better than OFP was
Admire the fur