Americas Army

Life is short. Play more.
scrapper44

Americas Army

Post by scrapper44 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:37 pm

Hey guys newbie to FPS games .Was playing Americas Army yesterday with no problems then this morning the PC just reboots its self when i go online or into offline training , was thinking maybe the graphics card but trialed rFactor and that worked with out any problems.Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers scrapper
It's all about mind over matter, I don't mind and you don't matter.

Ard Righ

Post by Ard Righ » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi scrapper44,

I am old-skool member of SnuF http://www.snuf.co.nz - one of the few NZ-based America's Army clans still around.

I would recommend going over there to look at the discussion, sign-up and make a few posts. The regulars there are fairly 'c0re AAO'ers... so if they can't fix it, it can't be fixed :p

I would recommend renaming the user.ini file in the aao\system folder. That's where your binds and shit are set. Also try renaming the armyops.ini file in the same folder.

Renaming them should reset everything back to default. If things still randomly reboot or crash to desktop, try uninstalling, making sure the application dir is fully removed, then try a reboot and reinstall again.

If that doesn't fix things, AAO should really give you an error report prompt. So I would think it's definitely hardware if it still causes reboots after the game starts. Check your PSU for one thing. And check the error log in Windows.