Stalker

Life is short. Play more.
Liquid

Stalker

Post by Liquid » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:15 pm

So theres no one here talking about stalker (which is out in about 1 week)

So whos getting it.

Iam getting it and will try out the MP as well but more looking forward to the SP side of it.

Looking forward to it, its been so long in the waiting :D

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:30 pm

Liquid are you aware that the majority of poeple who hang out here and are into FPS's etc post over at http://www.simcentral.co.nz ? You need to register to see the forums, but thats the reason why no one here is talking about it. We are talking about it over there. :)
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:49 pm

I've got my copy pre ordered from CD Wow :D $61 landed.

I'm seriously hoping it lives up to atleast half of the hype its had over the last 5 years.. Should be great fun :)

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:16 pm

Mattly wrote:Liquid are you aware that the majority of poeple who hang out here and are into FPS's etc post over at http://www.simcentral.co.nz ? You need to register to see the forums, but thats the reason why no one here is talking about it. We are talking about it over there. :)
No i did not know that Mattly, I thought this was http://www.simcentral.co.nz but just renamed to kiwisimracing.
seems odd to have 2 forums for the same people.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:36 pm

Yep... waste of time if you ask me.. Simcentral did move to Kiwisimracing when someone claimed the simcentral URL back. Then some people decided to make their own forum there as well. I don't know what happened to the great plan of merging everything into one place..

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Liquid wrote: No i did not know that Mattly, I thought this was http://www.simcentral.co.nz but just renamed to kiwisimracing.

No argument here Liquid, it seems that splitting up the community was a good idea to some, but what amazes me that other people actually supported the move rather than putting their efforts into making this forum a better one.

Then to come and advertise their forum here pretty much sums up the whole attitude really.

You should understand also that the name KiwiSimRacing was never intended to be used and that discussions were underway to try and bring kiwisim.net.nz and simcentral.co.nz together and merge them as one so we would all be kiwisim.net.nz but these plans did not suit everyone and so we had to put into place our backup plan (kiwisimracing.net.nz) and now the use of that name has become an excuse for splintering the NZ Sim community even further.
Inspector

---

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Yes I have to agree that having three forums is time consuming when you have to view each one independently.
One central one would have been good.
However...I will propably get STALKER as well beacuse it sounds very interesting.

Growler.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:07 pm

Inspector wrote:
Liquid wrote: No i did not know that Mattly, I thought this was http://www.simcentral.co.nz but just renamed to kiwisimracing.

Then to come and advertise their forum here pretty much sums up the whole attitude really.
Liquid wanted to know why it's been so quite and I answered him. O_o
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:10 pm

Mattly wrote:Liquid are you aware that the majority of people who hang out here and are into FPS's etc post over at http://www.simcentral.co.nz ? You need to register to see the forums, but thats the reason why no one here is talking about it. We are talking about it over there. :)
Hmmm I seem to be missing any thread about stalker over there either in fact when I did a search it found it mentioned in 1 post....so before you begin talking up the bollocks best there be some substance behind it aye, wouldn't want to trick people into signing up (yea I'm another that didnt like the whole situation and think that once we do go to one forum SC will die a natural death)

Anyway :rolleyes:

Will be getting it most defiantely, played a few alpha versions of a level about 2 years ago (think it was leaked by mistake) and had some very cool stuff even then, VERY interested to see what the end result is

For those that have not seen it (shame on you) http://www.stalker-game.com/en/ well worth a visit and a read

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:30 pm

When I browse over to simcentral I cant see any trace of a community at all.. sure there is a link to a forum, but with no actual topics that I can see. No point signing up just to see if its worthwhile to visit.

I'm definitely interested in how well the AI turned out. I've read many things over the years about how awesome it was supposed to be originally, and lots more things in the last year about how they keep toning things down.. I'm trying not to get to caught up in the hype, better to have lower expectations and be pleasantly surprised :)

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:02 pm

Bold wrote:When I browse over to simcentral I cant see any trace of a community at all.. sure there is a link to a forum, but with no actual topics that I can see. No point signing up just to see if its worthwhile to visit.
Don't knock what you haven't seen then. :rolleyes:

I have no problem with being a member of Kiwisimracing and Simcentral. I enjoy simcentral as it also offers news and reviews of upcoming games.

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:40 pm

Mattly wrote:Liquid wanted to know why it's been so quite and I answered him. O_o
Providing answers is fine, but if you lie in your answer when people from both forums can attest or reveal the facts, you're doing yourself and the site you advocate a disservice.
Stalker isn't being talked about over there, it is 99% threads about ArmA amongst the 11 people that have more than 20 posts (mentioned to detail activity levels). Even BF2 & FSX has fallen to the wayside.

Honestly, every time you try and pimp simcentral over here, you do so in a way that ends up discrediting it. You really should put more thought into who makes up the community at both sites (and about the community in general) before posting.

Back on topic, I will be giving Stalker a serious look at, as it sounds like the SP game will be as strong as the MP and it should run rather nicely on my system _b :)
It will be really interesting walking/driving around countryside that actually exists and is modelled/designed around that reality.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:15 pm

wide load wrote:

I have no problem with being a member of Kiwisimracing and Simcentral. I enjoy simcentral as it also offers news and reviews of upcoming games.

Which are simply links or information copied and pasted from other websites? All of this could have been done at KSR but instead a whole new forum had to be created?

Whether the website and the forum are good or bad is not under dispute it was the need for it that is.
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Liquid wrote:
Mattly wrote:Liquid are you aware that the majority of poeple who hang out here and are into FPS's etc post over at http://www.simcentral.co.nz ? You need to register to see the forums, but thats the reason why no one here is talking about it. We are talking about it over there. :)
No i did not know that Mattly, I thought this was http://www.simcentral.co.nz but just renamed to kiwisimracing.
There are still alot of people in this forum into FPS games, and yes you are right it's odd to have 2 forums, but some people like to make more forums just for the excuse of making a forum :)

Silly the whole point was to turn all sim stuff in NZ into one forum, now we have 3 ...
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:02 pm

Bold wrote:Yep... waste of time if you ask me.. Simcentral did move to Kiwisimracing when someone claimed the simcentral URL back. Then some people decided to make their own forum there as well. I don't know what happened to the great plan of merging everything into one place..
Well nobody was asking you Bold, and you best get your story straight. I was handed a piece of paper saying simcentral.co.nz was no longer required.

How does Kiwisimracing define FPS games?

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:05 pm

Inspector wrote:
wide load wrote:

Which are simply links or information copied and pasted from other websites? All of this could have been done at KSR but instead a whole new forum had to be created?

Whether the website and the forum are good or bad is not under dispute it was the need for it that is.
Now your commenting on things you haven't read. We have had reviews written by Wideload, Grover, and Myself.

So what about the majority of your threads Inspector, e.g. your jokes and video threads, are they just not a bunch of copy-pastes, and links?

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:06 pm

Hey I'm sorry, I honestly thought Sasquatch had a discussion going and i had been one of those who replyed. As I now see upon looking is that is not the case. I'm miffed I can't find the thread anywhere and now I'm wondering if i'm going mad(er). No plug was intended.

I am surprised by your posts though as I thought there was no anomosity towards the simcentral forums nowdays. :(
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:07 pm

Don't be to worried Mattly, the only action that happens in the FPS/Flight/Sea is people bitching about SC, it's rather amusing if anything.

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:27 pm

lol, I love how you make things out to be bigger than they are (or people more involved than they are ;)). Should we discuss how many of the 12 reviews on SC are cut & paste shall we? ;)

And it seems the only bitching & animosity is when 'staff' from SC come in here and stir things up (whether it's provoking people or just putting their foot in it), so if it wasn't for the stirring we wouldn't be talking about SC... feeling lonely are we? ;p

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:35 pm

Noon416 wrote:when 'staff' from SC come in here and stir things up
Staff? what staff? SC is used for promoting products at VR Concepts, simple as that.

If Reuters release a bit of news, that air's on BBC, TV3, Sky News, CNN, etc....then websites like stuff.co.nz, xtra.co.nz, nzhearld.co.nz, get with it man. If the rest of the world works like that, I'm sure KSR reads can understand it, or do you want it in simpler terms?

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:51 pm

Typhoon wrote:
Bold wrote:Yep... waste of time if you ask me.. Simcentral did move to Kiwisimracing when someone claimed the simcentral URL back. Then some people decided to make their own forum there as well. I don't know what happened to the great plan of merging everything into one place..
Well nobody was asking you Bold,
I dont recall anyone asking you either, but you seem to need to add your point...

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:55 pm

Typhoon wrote:Staff? what staff?
You know what I mean, no need to play dumb. ;p Mattly is a moderator & seemingly 'appointed advocate' on the SC forums, you are the owner of said forums, etc. You both form part of the 'staff'/representatives of that website/forum, whether you want to claim the title or not.
Typhoon wrote:SC is used for promoting products at VR Concepts, simple as that.
Yes, SimCentral was and is a place for you to spam your products to your heart's content, which is one of the reasons we moved away from it when it became too much.
If Reuters release a bit of news, that air's on BBC, TV3, Sky News, CNN, etc....then websites like stuff.co.nz, xtra.co.nz, nzhearld.co.nz, get with it man. If the rest of the world works like that, I'm sure KSR reads can understand it, or do you want it in simpler terms?
And no, we're not disputing your right to put other people's work on your front page. But it's interesting that you make that point after berating someone for "not commenting on what they haven't read". Chances are they have already read it because it was cut & pasted from other more popular websites.
:slap:

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:06 pm

Noon416 wrote:Yes, SimCentral was and is a place for you to spam your products to your heart's content,
And dont forget, give great discounts to SC members.
Noon416 wrote:Chances are they have already read it because it was cut & pasted from other more popular websites.:slap:
Not here, as SC is my first port of call when on the net.

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:29 pm

Not just to SC members but to anyone that is part of the community that we all belong too.
SC forum membership is not a requirement to buying and/or getting a good deal from VRC, nor would Typhoon be silly enough to do that to his business.
If you want a good deal, you typically talk to Typhoon directly and he does what he can.

The community has always been supportive of VRC and there is no danger of pulling away from that, except when people come into the KSR & KiwiSim forums with a post that at face value looked to be a blatant & dishonest recruiting attempt. Intentional or accidental, it's a discredit to SC and by association (and demonstrated antics) a reflection on VRC.
SC certainly wouldn't put up with people popping in and pushing KSR & KiwiSim (especially in such a manner), so why is Typhoon surprised at all when he gets the responses he does to the snide remarks that are made?

KSR member's are respectful of SC's existence in that we don't intrude and/or spam KSR in their boards, so it would be nice if members of SC extend the same courtesy to KSR.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:08 am

this thread is being locked because of personal attacks (of which the posts have been removed), sorry but too many toys have been thrown over something that was supposed to be about Stalker.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.