UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Battlestar Galactica - Beyond the Red Line ** Free Game **

Post by UnbounD » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:40 pm

"Run Yasmine Run"

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:57 pm

It is based on the popular new tv-show Battlestar Galactica. No, not the one from the 70s.
Bugger.... not interested :(

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Awesome thanks, will download tonight.

I ended up getting really hooked into the new version of the show - some good drama with nice looking sfx and blowing up shit _b
YouTube videos

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:10 pm

Me too, it took me quite a while to get over starbuck being a girly, but after that i was ok.

Let me know how you get on. Freespace 2 was a pretty well loved game and it looks visually ok. I just dont have the time at the mo to have a look at it. But if its cool, I might have to sacrifice some time for it. I cant afford an upgrade so there is no point buying any new games, this might fill a gap :)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:59 am

Had a play last night. Not too bad, the gfx are about 7/10 (got sick of little chunks of something flying past the window). Got very sick of the running commentary thought - frak this and frak that, it gets a bit lame after a while.

Modelling of a/c are nice, and those cylons are pesky little things. I flew using the keyboard and left hand changing stuff - not ideal, as you don't have the fluid movement in 3D space with just the keyboard.

All in all, good fun, and am looking forward to the final release.

Years ago I wasted 1/2 my life on Elite on the BBC Model B computer _b so at least this a step up.
YouTube videos

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:00 pm

I am currently making my way through season 3. I've heard it isn't all that good of a season but I am really enjoying it. BG is the best TV sci-fi tv series (to date) that i've scene. I contribute most of this due to the acting. Most Sci-fi tv series the acting is terrible, but not BG.
Admire the fur

Viking

Post by Viking » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 pm

Sasquatch wrote:I am currently making my way through season 3. I've heard it isn't all that good of a season but I am really enjoying it. BG is the best TV sci-fi tv series (to date) that i've scene. I contribute most of this due to the acting. Most Sci-fi tv series the acting is terrible, but not BG.
Plus the story lines are pretty radical. Suicide bombers, wiping out an entire race. Bit like Star Trek on Steroids.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"