Crysis single player demo is out.

Post by Growler » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:28 pm

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Note that this is apparently a DX9 demo, and a DX10 demo is due tomorrow.

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:03 pm

bummer only getting 80k from inspire , must be a lot dl it

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:30 am

Is DX9 and DX10, if your running Vista open the games folder in the start menu, find the Crysis icon and right click, will give you the option to run it under DX9 or DX10

Mine defaulted to DX10 and D: welcome to the slideshow when the action kicked in (running at everything on high at 1680x1050, E6600 and 8800GTX)

Once I found out how to run it in DX9 mode things were much better, same settings and was running around 30 frames, very playable and getting used to the interface menu took no time at all, switching back and forth between the suit powerups is pretty easy

Only gripe at the moment is the default bash key being T....little bit far from the standard keys for that quick smack in the head after running at someone and switching to strength....must rebind that in the morning ;p

First impressions though :D

Off to play with the sandbox now.....

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:07 am

Jetboy wrote:Is DX9 and DX10, if your running Vista open the games folder in the start menu, find the Crysis icon and right click, will give you the option to run it under DX9 or DX10

Mine defaulted to DX10 and D: welcome to the slideshow when the action kicked in (running at everything on high at 1680x1050, E6600 and 8800GTX)

Once I found out how to run it in DX9 mode things were much better, same settings and was running around 30 frames, very playable and getting used to the interface menu took no time at all, switching back and forth between the suit powerups is pretty easy

Only gripe at the moment is the default bash key being T....little bit far from the standard keys for that quick smack in the head after running at someone and switching to strength....must rebind that in the morning ;p

I wonder how you'd go changing that E6600 for a E6850 instead (assuming your mobo is 1333 rated)

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:14 am

They have stated Crysis perfers more core's than processor speed, so i wonder if it would perform better if on quad core.

I woke up expecting the demo to finish but it timed out at 58%, bummer i guess it will be another day for me to wait.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:29 am

Liquid wrote:They have stated Crysis perfers more core's than processor speed, so i wonder if it would perform better if on quad core.

I woke up expecting the demo to finish but it timed out at 58%, bummer i guess it will be another day for me to wait.
So assume then that it threads itself so you have X copies (same number as your cores) of the game running... otherwise it's just using the bollocks windows cpu management which is horribly inefficent.

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:40 am

Jetboy wrote:Is DX9 and DX10, if your running Vista open the games folder in the start menu, find the Crysis icon and right click, will give you the option to run it under DX9 or DX10

Did you get the Nvidia beta drivers for crysis, it might help.

Plus theres a few MS hotfix's for Nvidia cards you could try.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_vi ... fixes.html

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:59 pm

Riven wrote:I wonder how you'd go changing that E6600 for a E6850 instead (assuming your mobo is 1333 rated)
Going to be pestering the guys at VR in the next few days for a quad core 6600, as Liquid mentioned its been stated from the CEO of Crytek that more cores will give a better result than higher clocked fewer cores....watching the forums at the moment to see what sort of difference is being seen with that but gives me an excuse to upgrade I guess (yep m/b is rated to 1333)
Liquid wrote:Did you get the Nvidia beta drivers for crysis, it might help.
Plus theres a few MS hotfix's for Nvidia cards you could try.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_vi ... fixes.html
Just downloaded and firing up the latest nVidia driver 169.01. When I installed the game it actually sent me off to the windows update site as I was missing a hotfix that it recommended

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:23 pm

I have only got the 8800GTS 640 card but i have a Q6600. will see what it runs like compared to yours Jetboy when its finished DL.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:41 pm

Finished the demo, all Low settings for me, anywho, quite nice, shiny version of Farcry, apart from the suit not much to right home about. Twin .45 are a hoot, vehicles a lot better, other than that std Crytek _b q-
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:54 am

And who played with the turtle once you landed on the beach. It makes a great frisbee!!
Still trying to pick up the crab...bloody fast buggers.

Growler.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:54 am

Stop interfering with the wildlife Growler :eek:

Felling trees with the Humvee is better, especially if there's a Soldier trying to hide behind it :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"