What to race?

The racing simulation from Image Space Incorporated
Erik

What to race?

Post by Erik » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 am

Having just started with rFactor 2, I've been blown away by the many great mods available through the steam workshop.

I've just started toying with the 1988 F1 mod, which I think is amazing. It was around that time that I, as a youngster, started to follow F1 races. (I remember the dark blue/white Parmalat Brabhams as well before that, but 1987/1988 was really when I started to follow the races and drivers).

The mod is fantastic and my word, are those old F1 cars brutal. Is anyone else driving the 1988 F1 mod? What else is a must have mod for rFactor 2?

Murphy's Law

Re: What to race?

Post by Murphy's Law » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:39 am

Im a bit of sucker for sportscar racing so both the enduracers.com mod with GTE and P2 spec cars

Also big fan GT3 WORLD SERIES mod from Simtec. We used this our first season this year and it was a good mod.

The BTCC NGTC mod is a cracker if you like slower race cars

Erik

Post by Erik » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am

I have all those I think, they're all marvelous and I certainly don't mind slower series or cars. I like the Renault Megane II as well.

The other night I tried Bathurst for the first time. Initially I thought.. "Geesh, this is a long pitlane!" until I realised I was already on the main straight! That track is super narrow, is it really that narrow in real life?

I tried taking the Renault Megane II around it but the Mountain takes no prisoners! I just couldn't manage a clean lap without collecting the wall here or there, so I ended up having a F1 Kart race around Bathurst instead. :D

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Erik wrote:The other night I tried Bathurst for the first time. Initially I thought.. "Geesh, this is a long pitlane!" until I realised I was already on the main straight! That track is super narrow, is it really that narrow in real life?
Very much so. Went to the 1000 this year and it really is tight. Depending on the which version of the track you tried but the one we used about 6 months ago is Narrow but the Iracing version is even more narrow and I would also trust the Iracing version as it is Lazer scanned.

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:36 pm

I believe the S397 version of Bathurst is also laser scanned (or LiDAR - I have a feeling S397 uses LiDAR rather than laser scanning). So yes it is that narrow!

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 pm

It gets said all the time but nether games or on TV does it justice to how step it is ether. The bits I used to think were relatively flat are still steep, once you come out of the cutting and the run from the dipper to the Elbow are good examples where i used to think they were almost flat but in reality they are tough walk!