KSR Top Gear Challenge - Average SUV's

Too many gorillas!
Murphy's Law

KSR Top Gear Challenge - Average SUV's

Post by Murphy's Law » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Date: Tuesday 29th August 2017 (Subject to change)

Time for another Top Gear GTA challenge. This time we will use SUV's.

Rules:
All challenges will done via GTA races, After the turn out last time I feel this will make the night flow better. This will allow you still get out of you're car during challenges to make it interesting.

There are a lot of SUV's to chose from but the following are what we will use. Some can be brought but most can be stolen to save you money.
Baller (Old)
BeeJay XL
Cavalcade
Cavalcade (Old)
Dubsta
Dubsta 2
FQ2
Granger
Gresley
Habanero
Landstalker
Mesa
Patriot
Rocoto
Seminole
Serrano
XLS

There will be no Armored versions.

How I came to the decision to use these 17 options? Well there is a youtuber by the name of Broughy1322 who does a lap time for all classes of GTA Car. I chose these 17 because they are they are all were slower then 1.15. Also these 17 will give the most variety of body shapes.

You can base you're decision on the above video but I will warn you most of the races will be offroad and this may change which SUV is the best.

Upgrades:
Because of the lack of ability to police it and in the last top gear challenge there were people who were clearly not stick to the rules I have decided all upgrades will be allowed. If you steal you're SUV it could cost you as little as $50,000 to $100,000 to fully upgrade the SUV.

1st = 10 points
2nd = 6 points
3rd = 4 points
4th = 3 points
5th = 2 points
6th = 1 point

At 8:00pm I'll have an Invite Only session running.
Add me on the Rockstar Social club (murphylawnz) and let me know so I can invite you to the session. Or have someone you're friends with flick you an invite to the session.

You have to be on the KSR Discord chat server too for this night please.

We will all meet up at a set location on the map to check out each others ride at 8.30pm with the idea of starting the challenges at 8.40pm.

We will all meet at the El Gordo Lighthouse to take a look at everyone choices.

The Challenges:
After the epic turn out that we had last time I have chosen to do each challenge with in Jobs and races. That way GTA can do a lot of the hard work for us. It will also be in a playlist to make it flow nicely.

Challenge 1: Drag race
This is a simple 1/4 mile drag race, It will be based on a knock out format, The format will be dependent on the turn out on the night. We can have up to 4 racing at a time.

Challenge 2: Long Jump
A classic used on regular basis during these challenges. For this challenge we'll start from a point and do the stunt jump. Once in the air you HAVE TO RELEASE the throttle and let the car land and coast. (You can control the vehicle while in the air)
The vehicle that rolls the longest distance wins. Once you've done the jump and rolled to a halt, hop out and leave your car where it finished.

Challenge 3: Gymkhana
This is a more like a traditional Gymkhana rather then Ken Block Video. The speeds will be low and you will even have to go backwarsds a fair bit. Handbrake turns will also be important. We will do 2 slow lap all at the same time so you can learn it, Then we will all stop just before the start finish line to the left of it. Depending on numbers we will do it ether 1 by 1 or 2 at a time with a 30 second gap. You get 1 go to set the fast time so pressure is on!

Challenge 4: Bullrush
I'm sure a few of us played this at school. If you didnt here is the basic rules, It starts with a lone player or tackler (we can take volunteer) In the middle, The rest will start at the one of the Orange safe zones (all in the same zone). Then you will race to the other safe zone while lone player tries to knock you into the water.
Once everyone ether gets to the safe zone or ends up in the water it will be round 2 and you try and make it back to the other end. All those who get knocked into the water will become tacklers. You will get a point for every round you last.

Challenge 5: Time Attack
This will be done like a qualifying session. I will setup a 5 lap race and the winner will be based on sets the fastest lap time during this race. The race is based mostly in the construction yard in sandy shore which is the east of the prison.

Challenge 6: Rock Crawl race
Climbing over rocks and fording rivers is the name of the game here. This is set in Raton Canyon, driving from the Alamo sea to the Beach on the ocean.

Mike

Re: KSR Top Gear Challenge - Average SUV's

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:35 pm

I'll be there

Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Mike wrote:I'll be there
Me too!

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:43 pm

its all go :)

Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:02 am

Awesome Time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:43 am

Great night, best part was watching Rogue go at it with a hooker! and more than once!

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm

This really was a good night.

Last edited by Mike on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link