Australasia GT3 Championship

Discussion Forum for Joint Aus/NZ Series.
Bull

Australasia GT3 Championship

Post by Bull » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Welcome to the Australasia GT3 Championship! In what promises to be a groundbreaking joint venture between various communities involved, this series should bring the best racing we have seen in the Oceania region for a long time. We have selected some of the best circuits, both from Australia and globally, to bring the best, fiercest, enjoyable wheel to wheel GT3 action possible

Series Details:
Mod: Apex GT3
Race Night: Sunday
Race Time: Qualifying starts 7:00pm AEDT, 9:00pm NZDT

Schedule:
[14/10] - Official Practise
[21/10] - Racing Cancelled
[28/10] - Round 2 - Mid Ohio - No Chicane
[04/11] - Round 3 - Zandvoort
[11/11] - Round 4 - Oschersleben - MC Layout
[18/11] - Round 5 - Adelaide
[25/11] - Round 6 - Road Atlanta
[02/12] - Round 7 - Hockenheimring - GP Layout
[09/12] - Round 8 - Eastern Creek
[16/12] - Round 1 - Watkins Glen - Boot with Chicane Layout

Server:
Server has kindly been set up for us to use by XfactorRacing. The server shows in the game list as XfactorRacing S4 AM GT3. Their server is also viewable via LiveRacers HERE

Race Night Schedule:
6:00pm AEDT/8:00pm NZDT - Official Practise
6:50pm AEDT/8:50pm NZDT - Drivers Briefing
7:00pm AEDT/9:00pm NZDT - Qualifying
7:20pm AEDT/9:20pm NZDT - Racing Commences

Race Format:
Race 1 - Grids off Qualifying - No Compulsory Pit Stop (CPS)
Race 2 - Grids off Race 1 Result - One Compulsory Pit Stop (CPS) with a MINIMUM OF 2X TYRES REPLACED

Race Settings:
Weather: Realtime Weather Plug-In
Damage: 70%
Fuel: 2x
Tyres: 1x
Fixed Setup: No
Flag Rules: Black Only
Mechanical Failures: Normal
Start Type: Standing
Driving Views: Bonnet or In-Car Only
Auto Clutch: Yes
Traction Control: No (However is adjustable in the vehicle garage/setup)
ABS: No (However is adjustable in the vehicle garage/setup)

Voice Communications:
Voice Communications will be compulsory for this League. We do not require you to have an active mic, however we do require you to at least be in the main race channel listening in - This is in case of any important info being relayed, accidents reported, etc. Voice communications will be hosted via TeamSpeak 3 and again has kindly been hosted by Xfactor Racing. To direct Join to their TeamSpeak server click [url=ts3server://xfactorracing.ddns.net?port=9987]HERE[/url]

Racing Rules:
Racing rules and driver etiquette will be as per our Code Of Conduct - Click HERE

Points system for this league will be quite simple. 1st Place will receive 100 points, and each position thereafter decreasing by 2 points. DNF will get last finishing position, minus 2 points. DNS and DQ will both receive 0 points.

This series will also feature a 'drop worst round' rule. At the end of the season, all drivers will drop their worst round from their results. This helps promote those who may not be able to attend every round, or has a really bad round, to be still in contention.

Community Championship:
To add a bit of extra spice to the series, each driver who registers can nominate their primary community they wish to represent for the series. The top 3 drivers from each community in each race will also contribute their points to the Community Championship Tally. The drivers do not have to be the same drivers each week, however once a driver has accrued points for one community, they cannot then change and contribute points to a different community.

Protest Committee:
Each community can nominate a representative (this is not compulsory) to be a part of the protest committee. This role will include reviewing racing incidents, checking pit stops are carried out correctly, track limits aren't abused, etc. The more hands the merrier, so if you are interested in helping out in this department be sure to express interest.

Registration and Car Reservation:
To Register click HERE

Custom Skins:
Due to feedback based on the test night with our server hosts, we have decided to DISALLOW custom skins for this league. As it is the first series of this kind, we have decided to avoid any potential issues and avoid overloading the server or any other potential problems that may arise.

Championship Standings:
We now have a live webpage up with the Championship standings, as well as a LiveRacers page for our Australasia GT3 Server. The page can be found HERE

Bull

Re: Australasia GT3 Championship

Post by Bull » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Based on feedback, we have changed Round 2 from Hidden Valley, to Mid Ohio.
[28/10] - Round 2 - Mid Ohio - No Chicane

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Added in drop worst round rule.
This series will also feature a 'drop worst round' rule. At the end of the season, all drivers will drop their worst round from their results. This helps promote those who may not be able to attend every round, or has a really bad round, to be still in contention.

Erik

Post by Erik » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Regarding Teamspeak - which channel do we use for this series? The "TCR-ANZ Series" channel?

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 pm

Erik wrote:Regarding Teamspeak - which channel do we use for this series? The "TCR-ANZ Series" channel?
I believe a dedicated channel will get created soon.

Seca

Post by Seca » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:29 am

Are we allowing custom Skins to be used?

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 am

Seca wrote:Are we allowing custom Skins to be used?
Was there templates available? I didn't see any in the mod download

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:30 am

Just a reminder, tonight we will be holding a practise night.

Nothing overly organised, just a good opportunity for everyone to jump on, try various cars out, check they can join the server fine, and do some laps.

We may run some fun short 5-10 lap races later on as well if people are interested. No set time, but I would expect people to start jumping on around 7pm AEST/9pm NZST

Lockbeard

Post by Lockbeard » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:28 pm

I seem to be having trouble getting into the lobby because of a package not available error any advice on what to do?
I have the cars and track so I'm confused as to this error

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 pm

The server should be setup to auto download any missing files. Is your mod v1.0 or v0.93?

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Are you joining the Xfactor S3 server?

http://xfactorracing.liveracers.com/Liv ... 20AM%20GT3

ORA-Ulee Deway

Post by ORA-Ulee Deway » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:47 pm

I was experiencing shuddering on my end during the race last night. I am not sure if it was a one time thing or because I am in Japan, and we had a good number of cars on track. Did anyone see any issues with my car on track? If so I might try and use the office rig, which has an even better internet connection. Also has a better wheel, triple screens, and ... gez why don't I always use it. Just don't like having to come in to the office every Sunday as well. Then I have to do some work. :Puke:

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:15 pm

I did notice your ping was around 160-180 whilst everyone else's was around 30-70

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks to all who attended the practise last night. Was a great turn out for a practise night, and some serious pace on show! Hopefully we have everything all ironed out now, ready to head into Round 1 this week.

After discussions last night I have also added the following to the main post:
Custom Skins:
Due to feedback based on the test night with our server hosts, we have decided to DISALLOW custom skins for this league. As it is the first series of this kind, we have decided to avoid any potential issues and avoid overloading the server or any other potential problems that may arise.

Erik

Post by Erik » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 am

Perhaps also worthwhile to point out that following the practice night, the series will now be hosted on Xfactor’s Server 1 instead of Server 4. Maybe also good to update the opening post?

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 am

Just a reminder for everyone to make sure they are signed up in the reservations post before racing tomorrow night. Main reason, I don't know which community everyone races for so be sure to sign up so I can distribute the points correctly! Also, you don't want to have settled on your favourite livery to find someone else has already reserved it.

See you all for Round 1 tomorrow night!

Erik

Post by Erik » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:01 pm

As I've broken my headset, I'll be racing with headphones (no mic) but I will be tuned into TeamSpeak. I'll also map a button for a quick chat message to let people know I'm pitting.

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the technical difficulties last night. Certainly wasn't an ideal start to the series!

We are currently working on resolving the issues. We will be running a test night on Tuesday night to test everything is working properly before this Sunday. Because this issue was only happening when we got over a certain amount of people, we need as many as possible to jump on and test to ensure everything is running smoothly.

We have been given a test patch from Apex Modding to load onto our server, however he has requested this isn't released publicly at this stage. So we will have a password on the server and when we go to jump on, I will share the password via TeamSpeak. The updated files will auto-download when you join the server.

I am planning the test night to be THIS TUESDAY at 7:30pm AEDT/9:30pm NZDT. Please let me know if you can't make it, if we are too low on numbers it defeats the purpose of testing so we will re-schedule for another time.

Thanks, and hopefully its plain sailing from here on out!

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 pm

I’m afraid I won’t be able to make it as I’ll be traveling for work.

=fieldzy=

Post by =fieldzy= » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:41 pm

I'm in.
So do we wait till Tuesday for the server password. Is that the only time you can give it out?

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Reminder, this is tonight. The more people who join, the more likely we can ensure problem/s are resolved for this weekend!

Danman

Post by Danman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:25 pm

teamspeak currently doing a very slow update, will jump on when I can

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:37 pm

Link to championship standings added to first post.
Championship Standings:
Until we work out how to load the Championship standings onto a live page for all to view, they can be accessed and downloaded by clicking HERE. Just open the HTML file with the web browser of your choice.

Fastlane_Gaming_NZ

Post by Fastlane_Gaming_NZ » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Can we still enter the series and race Bull?

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Yes