Australasia GT3 Championship - Round 2

Discussion Forum for Joint Aus/NZ Series.
Bull

Australasia GT3 Championship - Round 2

Post by Bull » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:16 pm

After the wash-out of Round 1 @ Watkins Glen, the cars have been shipped down the road to Mid Ohio in the USA. Everyone eager to get some track time under their belt, and have hopefully used their testing time to iron out all their bugs, Round 2 is bound to pop better than a champagne bottle!

At this stage there is a server password, as their is a patch for the GT3 cars that has not yet been publicly released. We've been asked to not have this publicly accessible. The server password is: ksrxr

This will remain on the server until Apex Modding has released the update publicly and given us the greenlight to remove it.

Race Night Schedule:
6:00pm AEDT/8:00pm NZDT - Official Practise
6:50pm AEDT/8:50pm NZDT - Drivers Briefing
7:00pm AEDT/9:00pm NZDT - Qualifying
7:20pm AEDT/9:20pm NZDT - Racing Commences

Race Night Format:
Qualifying - 15 minutes, open session
Race 1 - 16 Laps, No Compulsory Pit Stop (CPS)
Race 2 - 34 Laps, 1x Compulsory Pit Stop (CPS). Minimum of 2x Tyres replaced. Pit Window is between Lap 3 and Lap 32

Bull

Re: Australasia GT3 Championship - Round 2

Post by Bull » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Apex GT3 has been updated to v1.02 on the Steam Workshop. This will auto-download when you open steam or rFactor 2.

This means the server no longer has a password.

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:24 am

ORA-Ulee Deway

Post by ORA-Ulee Deway » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Unfortunately, I can not make it tonight guys. Good luck and hope everything goes well.

METAL666nz

Post by METAL666nz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Had a blast last night after we got the server issues sorted. Was abit off the pace but fun for my first rf2 race. Definitely be back for the next round.

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Results are now official after the nights racing.

There was one incident that came up for review, in which a 6 position penalty has been applied to Erik in Race 1 for contact and failure to re-dress. Both drivers involved have had a full review of the incident sent to them.

Thanks all for coming along, and I look forward to the racing at Zandvoort!

Erik

Post by Erik » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Bull wrote:Results are now official after the nights racing.

There was one incident that came up for review, in which a 6 position penalty has been applied to Erik in Race 1 for contact and failure to re-dress. Both drivers involved have had a full review of the incident sent to them.

Thanks all for coming along, and I look forward to the racing at Zandvoort!
Ah yes, that was entirely my fault and well deserved - I had underestimated the difference in brake distance between the heavy Bentley and the feather light BMW Z4, my apologies for that.

While on the note of incidents at Mid-Ohio, I had another Z4 warp into me on Race 2 in the opening laps, effectively ending my race for a top 10 position. I appreciate that this is technical glitch opposed to driver error (and assuming this to be an issue with the server or opposite side as I had no other cars warping / glitching around me) but what is the process around that?

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:20 pm

If you wish for us to have a look at it we certainly can - we go off the server replays so it is a lot more accurate than the player/client replays in that it will evidently show a connection or technical issue far clearer. If you wish us to take a look at the incident we certainly can, but if it was a technical issue or a glitch and was a one-off thing there isn't a lot we can do about it, as far as results or penalties go. Obviously if someone is seen to constantly have an internet or warping issue we can then address that.