420 Comment

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
MrBling

420 Comment

Post by MrBling » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:03 am

Hey guys,

Whilst watching the AB game in the weekend, I continually got frustrated at how players were lying on the ball intentionally to slow play down. In a moment of (self proclaimed) greatness I asked my mates why noone has brought signs to the game saying:

BRING BACK RUCK

Surely it would take off if people started doing it?
Forget the PC times of the 21st century..... a good rucking heals in 3 weeks if you don't let it get infected hahahahhah!

:2c:
Mr Bling: Manawatu Under 12 discus champion summer of 1989

Bull

Re: 420 Comment

Post by Bull » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 am

Rugby has gone much the same way our NannyState country has unfortunately.

Its a shame the Warriors suck so much, as League is far more enjoyable to watch

King James

Post by King James » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 am

Bull wrote:Rugby has gone much the same way our NannyState country has unfortunately.

couldnt agree more Bull.. League is the dominator

But in saying that the Air NZ cup is far more enjoyable to watch than Supers 12 or tests

Kinser

Post by Kinser » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:59 am

King James wrote:
Bull wrote:Rugby has gone much the same way our NannyState country has unfortunately.

But in saying that the Air NZ cup is far more enjoyable to watch than Supers 12 or tests
League is more faster and enjoyable, it's unfortunate the Warriors aren't going great but keep the faith there is always 2010.

Super 14 and the test matches have been boring to watch, too many rules, referees blowing there whistles heaps and you have to agree with Graham Henry, the game of Rugby is getting to predictive now and boring.

League is a mans game, harder hits and free running as well.....those are just my thought :D

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 pm

Kinser wrote:League is a mans game, harder hits and free running as well.....those are just my thought :D
Harder hits :D thats one of the best parts.
And like you said its faster which makes it more enjoyable to watch.
With rugby blowing the whistle every 5-10 seconds kills it, you can't get alot of momentum (spelling), its always stop start stop start.
My thoughts :)

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:05 pm

League and NFL for me, Rugby was good to watch but kinda died off a few years ago

Munis

Post by Munis » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:19 pm

King James wrote:

The problem with test rugby now is to me a number of things.

1. we play the same teams over and over again not to mention playing the same guys in the super 14. the teams are so close and normally cancel eachother out
2. The main part of rugby now is defence and most teams base there gameplan around it. The professional era means all players are stronger faster more athletic. No more Jonahs who could run through everyone
3. The IRB in specific the Northen Hemisphere part of it. we both play the game diffrently and you only have to watch a premiership game or 2 to figure it out. a game which finished 9-6 isnt much of a spectator match. At the last meeting the N.H. members voted against most of the ELV's becasue they cant handle the running expansive rugby.
4. How many cameras and angles were there in the 80's-90's? probably 1 or 2. Club rugby is a fine example ( in chch) its a lot harder/dirtier than when you play rep rugby

lets face it league is much more the same as union. With its judicial system and T.V. coverage. just watch one of the older games and you can notice the diffrence. Its the way it is now days. I love watching league and rugby but find it ard to compare them both. they are totally diffrent. More running in league because if the ball goes out they wont get it back bar a 40/20 and the opposition is back 10m before every play. to answer Im not sure which is "Harder" i guess only someone who has played at a decent level in both sports could answer that question.
47c Individual League

MrBling

Post by MrBling » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Youtube "AFL Big Hits" and check out some of the hits in that
Not a bad sport once you understand it..........
Mr Bling: Manawatu Under 12 discus champion summer of 1989

Naki

Post by Naki » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:02 pm

I've played both abit...Played for Taranaki for league couple of years ago and prob the best thing i've ever done...

Need to get back into it but to busy getting off my face lol...

I much rather enjoy league as its more hardout...im into the big hits etc and you don't see anything in rugby like you do in league...

Another thing is New Zealand is way to harsh on our teams imho...Even when we win we still have a cry lol..

Oh and AFL pfft come on now..

Brutal

Post by Brutal » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:54 pm

Rugby union has become soft... Yep they need to bring back the rucks, I've been getting more and more into league,

And AFL.. I've been here for a little whiile now and I think it's the worst sport ever LOL :Puke: .. my mates are trying to get me to play but I just can't do it lol

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:35 am

I have to laugh at the comments bagging AFL, has anyone here actually played the game competitively?? Try playing it before bagging it. Its one of the most physically draining games around, not only can you get cleaned from any direction with or without the ball with a good old fashioned shoulder charge but in the instance of a scrap or melee the refs just play on around it. AFL midfield players can run as far as 21km in a game, I would hazard a guess that league and rugby players get no where near that. I guess I'm biased in a way as Ive played AFL for my province and country and hate to see people who have idea what they are talking about bagging the game.

Rugby is still great to watch, yes there need to be some law changes to speed the game up but I still manage to sit through about 4 games a weekend where as I find the league boring, here's the ball run it straight six 5 times and kick it back to the opposition. I would have to leagues isn't a smart mans game because there's bugger all tactics involved.

And before anyone says anything about not playing those sports I've also played Premier Grade League and Div 2 Club Rugby (Although it was only one match off the bench).

/end rant
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:27 am

I agree with you Ugmo i played midfield and id never run so far in my life. Was fun as though be able to put blocks on people and charge them. I did end up thinking that not many people must play AFL since i only played one game before i got asked to join the NZ team :larf: kinda guttered i could'nt make it to the NZ game though. You have to always be aware in AFL as people will waste you if your not paying attention. Id never thought much of AFL until i started playing and once i did it made watching the game a lot more interesting.

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:21 am

AFL is one of those games you either love or hate. I played it a bit at High School as they only had like 6 people signed up and needed some more. Albeit I was probably the unfittest and crappiest player on the team, but it was fairly enjoyable. Still prefer League over it though

Naki

Post by Naki » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:46 pm

AFL is still dumb lol...

Yes i agree they are fit as hell..and is a hardout game.

Is AFL only big in christchurch/south island...Never seen it played here....

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:56 pm

Played in Auckland (8 clubs), Hamilton (4 clubs), Wellington (6 clubs) and Christchurch (4 clubs). Also a league starting in Otago in the next year so I've heard.
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever