Swift will be getting upgraded

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
Sasquatch

Swift will be getting upgraded

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Yes, the mighty non-chic car is looking at being upgraded. First stop, more power :yum:

My swift dealer is organizing the supercharger importation and installation to my wee rocket. Should be all go before Xmas.
Last edited by Sasquatch on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Admire the fur

Bull

Re: Swift will be getting upgraded

Post by Bull » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Its still missing a few Cylinders and Cubic Inches ... and its still a chicks car

Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:53 pm

All you have done sass is injected a bit of testosterone into it, its still a chick car just abit smellier and hairier ;p
KSS Teams League Champions: Christchurch Glen Eagles
KSS Individual League: Sidewinder 29a

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:32 am

hahaha nice but a super charger is 4 a hotrod aka V8 or a sick drift car like ae86 that makes 240hp@ the rear wheels
0 5 EHT KCUF
:bluesbro:

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:00 am

ShaneNZ wrote:hahaha nice but a super charger is 4 a hotrod aka V8 or a sick drift car like ae86 that makes 240hp@ the rear wheels
240hp is barely much horsepower, let alone a "Sick" drift car.

Superchargers aren't uncommon on 4/6 cylinders, Toyota have used a few on the 4AGE engines and a couple of others, and for something that is essentially a shopping cart in the form of the Swift, I guess it will give it a whiney noise while its speeding around the supermarket carpark :larf:

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:39 am

Bull wrote:
ShaneNZ wrote:hahaha nice but a super charger is 4 a hotrod aka V8 or a sick drift car like ae86 that makes 240hp@ the rear wheels
240hp is barely much horsepower, let alone a "Sick" drift car.

Superchargers aren't uncommon on 4/6 cylinders, Toyota have used a few on the 4AGE engines and a couple of others, and for something that is essentially a shopping cart in the form of the Swift, I guess it will give it a whiney noise while its speeding around the supermarket carpark :larf:
Just chuck a Z in the name and you have the factory supercharged Toyota engine.

I actually had one and kept up with my old mans duece coupe running a 350 with a stroker kit making aroung 300-330hp so it's not all about top end power, its how that power is delivered.

How much boost you looking at running Sas?

2LO

Post by 2LO » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Agreed Obsc3ne, Those motors do go bloody well. And Bull, agree with you 2, 240HP haha moost of the newer Holdens and Fords are comeing out with that power factory lol..

Shane theres a 1200HP (somehow street legal) Nissan Skyline GTR down here in Christchurch, Now thas sick lol
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 pm

Not to mention the two Black GTR Skylines Ive seen around here 2lo, they are something like 550 bhp standard.

And obsc3ne im more then aware of the Toyota Engine coding, considering I've owned and worked on that many of them :larf:

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 pm

Obsc3ne wrote:How much boost you looking at running Sas?
Good question. Basically i am buying the first stage of a WR1 offer. Here is the review.

http://www.carandsuv.co.nz/articles/suz ... -road-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Power at the flywheel is up from 111PS to 145PS at 6800rpm. Torque is up from 138Nm at 5000rpm to 171Nm at around 3800rpm. The power is all usable, making the Swift more responsive down low. It doesn’t turn it into a screaming, torque-steering ride, though. It’s delivered in an unfussy way, with a helping of supercharger whine.

I won't be doing the body kit or exaust for the WR1 upgrades but will be lowering it (only a few inches), and putting in leather seats.
Admire the fur

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Eww lowering it, your a boyricer now!! lol

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:05 pm

lol Bull... I am not heating or chopping the springs, a new spring kit will set the car a few inches lower to so it looks right...there is very little bennifit on performance.
Admire the fur

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Sasquatch wrote:lol Bull... I am not heating or chopping the springs, a new spring kit will set the car a few inches lower to so it looks right...there is very little bennifit on performance.
Boyricer alert!! :larf:

Remember to get several boost gauges and tachometers, all with shift lights set to different RPM settings for each tacho

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:35 pm

There will be no boost gauge or rev light blah blah :p The car will appear to be stock in every way until you lift the hood (bonnet for those of you with chic cars ;) or look underneath it. The great thing is this won't interfer with my Suzuki warranty as it is fully endorsed by them.
Admire the fur

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:03 pm

attaching a pink fluro neon light underneath?

1twisted1

Post by 1twisted1 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:05 pm

wouldnt a boost guage be a waste of time on a supercharged car since its always working and providing boost so long as the engine is running, unlike a turbo which only produces boost when the exhaust gases spin the impeller fast enough to create any boost or am I mistaken.?
Making fun of Nascar fans is fun, and if they chase me, I just turn right.

ben62w

Post by ben62w » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Gota say aye i Took one of the sports for a test drive they are kick ass lil cars to drive!
VC Stratford Scrappers 41s 2010 Season 2.
Indi league champ of champs 2010 62w
Best pairs winner 2010 Miller racing 62w & 22w

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:48 pm

1twisted1 wrote:wouldnt a boost guage be a waste of time on a supercharged car since its always working and providing boost so long as the engine is running, unlike a turbo which only produces boost when the exhaust gases spin the impeller fast enough to create any boost or am I mistaken.?
Correct, it was just a pisstake at the typical Boyricer "performance modifications"

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Bull wrote:
1twisted1 wrote:wouldnt a boost guage be a waste of time on a supercharged car since its always working and providing boost so long as the engine is running, unlike a turbo which only produces boost when the exhaust gases spin the impeller fast enough to create any boost or am I mistaken.?
Correct, it was just a pisstake at the typical Boyricer "performance modifications"
It actually all depends on the supercharger, most as Bull says run all the time thus the lack of need for a gauge, but some run off a clutch type mechanism (best way I know how to describe it) where if your foot isn't flat or being aggressively used the supercharger won't engage, thus fuel bill goes downwards..................alot :D

slobb11

Post by slobb11 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:08 am

Obsc3ne wrote:It actually all depends on the supercharger, most as Bull says run all the time thus the lack of need for a gauge, but some run off a clutch type mechanism (best way I know how to describe it) where if your foot isn't flat or being aggressively used the supercharger won't engage, thus fuel bill goes downwards..................alot :D
I was told that this is the system Toyota used on the 4AGZE, but when I test drove a supercharged MR2 the little green light was on pretty much the whole time. Might have been my driving though....digital throttle ;)

EDIT: 0:20 in the clip shows Sas's boyracer boost gauge lol
Slobb11
Mad Mofo Extraordinaire
The maddest in mofos since 1982

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:02 pm

The SC12 Supercharger on the 4AGE engines from memory "Roots Type" Superchargers, which from memory, are directly driven off the Crank via belt without no "clutch mechanism" as obsc3ne calls it :P

Now while we were talking about Swifts, I saw 5 in the last 2 days, 3 were owned by elderly woman, one owned by a very old guy who looks like a woman, and one owned by a young blonde.

Morale of the story? Its a chicks car.

slobb11

Post by slobb11 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Hmmmm. Are you sure Bull?
There's a green "Supercharger" LED on the dash that comes on when you put your foot down. That would indicate some kind of clutching system I would have thought.

Sorry Sas, but he's right. I've never seen a dude driving a swift lol
Slobb11
Mad Mofo Extraordinaire
The maddest in mofos since 1982

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Weird, the 4AGZE I had never had a Green LED on its dash!

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Bull wrote:Weird, the 4AGZE I had never had a Green LED on its dash!
"The blown engine (dubbed 4A-GZE) is equipped with a positive displacement roots-type supercharger which blows through an air-to-air intercooler. The SC12 supercharger (pictured here) incorporates Teflon coated rotors and an electro-magnetic clutch which is controlled by the ECU. The conrods of the supercharged engine are apparently stronger than in conventional 4AGs and the static compression ratio is lowered."

Some have LED's in the dash, all depends on what model the 4AGZE is in of course.

You should take a before and after video of the swift Sas, gives a nice visual of the improvement you shall see

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Finally the swift will be able to overcome the SAS factor and get back to its factory performance figures :D :p

Still belies belief that you can fit in that thing man :)

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:36 pm

LOL yes, the Sas factor is considerable but to compensate this the seat rail mods allows more weight in the back now ;)
You should take a before and after video of the swift Sas, gives a nice visual of the improvement you shall see
Good idea _b .... The stock swift sport is 98kw from memory and the supercharger will bump it up to 128kw (??) without having to worry about beefing up other drive train components.... While it won't make the car faster in a straight line than the Mini Cooper S, it does have an better overal performance factor on the MCS.
Admire the fur