buying a new tv?

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
Aaron

buying a new tv?

Post by Aaron » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 am

My parents have been talking about this for a while and now that they have decided to scrap the older one that broke down are looking at definitely buying one but don't know what to look for.
They are more or less looking for 46" and bigger, mainly used for watching sport/movies etc. Also with the whole freeview and full HD stuff as well. All I really want to know is there any brands, models plasma/lcd? etc
I really don't know what to look for so if anyone knows something about these any info would be appreciated, cheers in advance.

Nodnerb

Re: buying a new tv?

Post by Nodnerb » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 am

Check out this thread for a starter, it may answer some of your questions :) http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... =8&t=12597" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:29 pm

I just got a 47" LG LED LCD TV with 200mhz Motionflow from Harvey Norman (4 years interest free :woohoo: )
It has Bluetooth, USB, 4 HDMI and connected to MySky HD it is quite stunning.

I got the advice of a number of experts and hence why I bought the above TV. Plasma is a no go at this point, they have issues that far outway the benifits and the LED LCD's have caught up in a big way.

We watched the last All Black test against Aussie and it was totally amazing, never seen anything so good and I'm afraid watching the rugby on the 100" projector screen is no longer an option unless of course I can afford to get an HD Projector which is not going to happen.
So yea, I'm pretty happy with my purchase and highly recommend it. Shop price was $5,000 but we got it on special for $4,500. Prices will always be dropping too.

In fact your quite welcome to bring the old man around Aaron and let him have a look.
Inspector

---

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:17 pm

If you weant larger than 50", go Plasma
If you prefer warmer colours and depper balcks, go Plasma.

LCD all the way for gaming
0 5 EHT KCUF
:bluesbro:

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 pm

ShaneNZ wrote:If you weant larger than 50", go Plasma

What your saying may have been correct a year or two ago, but not now. A few major players in plasma/LCD TVs have in fact stopped manufacturing plasma as LCD/LED TVs have far more benefits over plasma at the present time. So if you buy a plasma, you are already buying old technology.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:24 am

Flyboy69 wrote:
ShaneNZ wrote:If you weant larger than 50", go Plasma

What your saying may have been correct a year or two ago, but not now. A few major players in plasma/LCD TVs have in fact stopped manufacturing plasma as LCD/LED TVs have far more benefits over plasma at the present time. So if you buy a plasma, you are already buying old technology.
I think that will end up being the major sticking point as to which one will be best suited in the years to come.