Tsunami warning #2

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
Obsc3ne

Tsunami warning #2

Post by Obsc3ne » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Just heard a warning through radio sport, rather large quake off the coast of Vanuatu (8.0 I believe)

So in a fine kiwi tradition of not listening to people lets all head down to the beach start a bon-fire and sing songs eh :D'

EDIT
We only have a tsunami watch, get your specs out :)

Kinser

Re: Tsunami warning #2

Post by Kinser » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Just being receiving emails regarding the Potential Tsunami Threat.

8 October 2009

Waikato Civil Defence and Emergency Management is urging people living or working on the region’s coasts to be on high alert for tsunami warning information.
It follows an earthquake in Vanuatu which has prompted a tsunami warning for the coasts of New Zealand.
“There is no confirmation that a tsunami is heading our way at present, but the public is advised not to be on beaches or in boats near the coast.” said Waikato CDEM group controller Scott Fowlds.
“But Waikato people on the coasts need to be alert for further information and be prepared to evacuate if necessary.

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Hmm, my plan to get rid of the lesser of the two Islands of NZ is starting to come off ..... hehehe

One advantage of being in CHCH I guess, everyone else gets attacked first :larf:

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:20 pm

Bull wrote:Hmm, my plan to get rid of the lesser of the two Islands of NZ is starting to come off ..... hehehe

One advantage of being in CHCH I guess, everyone else gets attacked first :larf:
True, and all our rubbish flows into your yard :D

Anywho...I see on Stuff how serious the Islanders are taking these warning now... Even some Kiwis managed to stay off the beaches this time. Obviously a few hundred deaths sunk in the message to those subject to natural selection that a surge of water can kill.
Admire the fur