Distortion Pedal (Guitar)

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
Bull

Distortion Pedal (Guitar)

Post by Bull » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Hey,

Im looking at getting a new Distortion pedal as my current one is getting a little rugged and the tape holding it together is starting to peel off, and was wandering what would be the best option? Id rather get a Distortion pedal then an Overdrive pedal. Ive seen a couple of Boss DS1 pedals on trademe lately, are they any good?

Cheers

Blenderer

Re: Distortion Pedal (Guitar)

Post by Blenderer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Bull wrote:Hey,

Im looking at getting a new Distortion pedal as my current one is getting a little rugged and the tape holding it together is starting to peel off, and was wandering what would be the best option? Id rather get a Distortion pedal then an Overdrive pedal. Ive seen a couple of Boss DS1 pedals on trademe lately, are they any good?

Cheers
The Boss Metal Zone pedal will give you a much better sound then the DS-1, the DS-1 doesn't sound heavy enough IMO. When I purchased the metal zone pedal over 10 years ago it was one of the better sounding ones that I tried however there is a lot more choice these days. It sounds awesome when playing leads.

Ask the Cage boys what they use as they may have a better option for ya. :)
If You Are In Control, You Are Not Going Fast Enough!

1073p

Post by 1073p » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Your on too it blendy!!!! I use a metal zone live, Boss me50 or similar are good iff you want multi effects, or Line 6 POD, but Boss metal zone you cant go wrong! and they last for ever
Birth Place Teams champions (Gisborne - 99g) with KJ,Harding and DK

Blenderer

Post by Blenderer » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:16 am

Shot Jamie, yea mines going as strong now as the day I purchased it.

They are on special at the moment at the Rock Shop - $169 http://www.rockshop.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; _b
If You Are In Control, You Are Not Going Fast Enough!

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:21 am

Right next question, I can see its definately designed for the heavy types of music, but I also like to kick back a bit of Floyd, Led Zep, Gunners etc will I be able to still get the not quite so heavy/more bluesy kinda tone out of it?

Cheers

slobb11

Post by slobb11 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:09 am

I have a Boss DS-2 which I used to use all the time, and loved it.
But a couple years ago I got a Digitech GNX-3 and the effect options are very impressive. If you want to sound like Dave Gilmour, ya can :)
Similar functionality to a POD, but slightly tougher construction (and slightly cheaper as well I think).
I highly recommend them. The only complaint I can think of would be that the pedals could be slightly smaller, and more raised. I occasionally hit two pedals by accident when I'm switching effects in a hurry. That isn't an issue if I'm paying attention to what I'm doing though.

I think the GNX-3 is discontinued now, but the new model is identical in every way except it doesn't have a solid-state recorder built in anymore.

Slobb11
Mad Mofo Extraordinaire
The maddest in mofos since 1982

1073p

Post by 1073p » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:46 pm

get a boss ME 50 bro.....
Birth Place Teams champions (Gisborne - 99g) with KJ,Harding and DK