Book: Hitman

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
King James

Book: Hitman

Post by King James » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:14 pm

When I was 6 years old, my mum took me and my friend to the video shop. Back in those days I was used to hiring out the likes of cartoons and kids flicks, but my friend suggested that we get Wrestling. I didnt even know what Wrestling was and he handed me Summerslam 90. Immediately i was hooked on the bright colours and big cartoon like characters. So we hired it out. Again I knew nothing about wrestling, we watched all the fights and mid-card was the Hart Foundation vs Demolition. What a great match I thought and took a liking to the pink & black. The Warrior & Hulk Hogan stole the show in there respective matches.. But that tag team match in the middle stuck in my mind more, in the following years I was more unimpressed by the big biceps and more intregued by pure athletesism. This was the guy.. And he put on all the good matches worth watching!

I dont really watch wrestling anymore, more-so when he stopped wrestling, but still plug in every year for Wrestlemania.

When at the Lamb of God concert in Auckland last week, I rolled into Real Groovy cd shop and came across this book

I have finished up reading these 592 pages and well, I had to post something about it. This was one of the most interesting read's. by this time in life we all know the wrestling story and what goes on behind the scenes. But this book goes into full detail about his time in the wrestling world.

A very gripping story, it covers his early days as a kid in Canada and into his Stampede wrestling years. Touring the world to make a name before he joined WWF in abut 1984. It covers his hard work to rise in the company and the famous Montreal screw-job and into his final stint with WCW. Talks about anything & everything and also the toll that the business has on many wrestlers, with alot dying notebly his Brother Owen.

A few points of intrests were his love for the Bushwackers from NZ and the antics they used to pull, aswell as his stint living in NZ in the early 80's

Once i started, I couldnt stop I had to give this 10/10 being a confessed Hitman fan