Oh HELL yeah!

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
Bull

Re: Oh HELL yeah!

Post by Bull » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 am

Metallica.

Thread topic restored :D

Brutal

Post by Brutal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:49 pm

and have said in an interview they have plans to enter the studio in may, I read an article on it with kirk saying something like ''its not 100% a metallica album''

I'll try find this article/interview haha, unbelievable i know

Brutal

Post by Brutal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Metallica just wrapped up a grueling two-year tour behind 2008's Death Magnetic, but in May they'll head back into the studio to begin a new project. "We want to record it in two weeks," guitarist Kirk Hammett tells Rolling Stone. "We had planned on doing it in March, but we pushed it back to May. I don't want to give too much away, but it's not really 100 percent a Metallica record. It's a recording project, let's put it that way. Without getting too deep into it, it's more a recording project than a bona fide Metallica album. Whether or not we can pull it off in just two weeks remains to be seen."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20110210

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:56 pm

It is a 2 week recording project, I suspect another covers album hence the re-issue of Garage Inc.

Its oldddd news Brutal lol, that was released like January

Brutal

Post by Brutal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 pm

yeah I know haha, just remembered about it then haha, but yeah i reckon some covers, or compilations, as they released one of you really got me with ray davies

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:38 pm

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Can Now Be Yours For Just $1.99
Blabbermouth.net wrote:Best Buy, which was the exclusive U.S. retailer for GUNS N' ROSES decade-plus-in-the-making album "Chinese Democracy", is offering a special deal on copies of the CD. You can now purchase the album via the BestBuy.com web site for just $1.99.

"Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment upon its release in November 2008, selling just 614,000 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The CD was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies.

Best Buy paid $14 million for 1.6 million copies of the album, according to Hits.

Aside from Billboard and Spinner interviews and answering a number of fan questions at a GUNS N' ROSES message board, singer Axl Rose has done no promotion of any kind for "Chinese Democracy".

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal threw cold water on remarks by fellow GUNS axeman D.J. Ashba, who was quoted as saying at a party in Los Angeles late last year that the band was "throwing around a bunch of ideas" for a new album. Thal took to his Facebook page to set the record straight, saying, "We've yet to get in a room and write as a band. (I) know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, singer] approves . . . not as simple when it's on such a big scale . . . Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick."

"Chinese Democracy" came out 15 years after its predecessor, 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident". It took more than a decade to record, during which every original member of the band except Rose was replaced and four different producers were used.

Nevertheless, Rose hinted in a 2002 interview that the lengthy sessions for the record had left him with enough material for two follow-ups.

Bassist Tommy Stinson, who has been playing in the current GUNS lineup for 12 years, told The Pulse Of Radio that he's always had confidence in Rose's vision. "I had doubts at certain points, and the thing that kept me going every time is that I would talk to Axl about this and that, his ideas about what we're doing and what we're gonna do and stuff like that," he said. "And every time, I just kinda had to stop and go, 'You know, he really knows exactly what he wants to get.' How to get there is another issue, but he knows what he wants, how he wants it to be. Every time I had a doubt, I would talk to him about stuff, and totally be back in it."
- http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=155848

It's kinda sad the amount of records it sold and Best Buy's overestimation, but I had a good laugh. :larf:
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Corrin24g

Post by Corrin24g » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:26 pm

A song from Seethers new album 'Holding on to Strings Better Left To Fray' coming May 17, 2011.

Im liking the sound of this and looking forward to its release chur _b

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:33 pm

I kinda like it too. Chorus makes it very radio friendly so will no doubt be bashed to death on The Rock.

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:09 pm

Looking forward to seeing Disturbed in CHCH in a month or so, will be good to put a bit of whats happened recently behind us with a concert

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:38 pm

On an even better note Bull, Rebbeca Black has announced she's hitting the studio to record a album! http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/55718

Single #2 will be called LOL and features the ever so creative lyrics "BFF you make me LOL".

/facepalm >_<

Redline

Post by Redline » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Hahaha, just clicked on the link in your signature and I'm shocked by how many dislikes there are.

Thought there would be more... lol

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Foos have put their album up for streaming:
http://wastinglight.foofighters.com/

Sounds pretty damn good. Release date is April 12th

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:53 pm

And I found Sidewinder making a second appearance in a music video (yes the song is distinctly average, but it's got Sidey and his big head in it):

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Another Supergroup has been formed, named "WhoCares"

Consists of:
Ian Gillan (Deep Purple)
Tony Iommi (Sabbath)
Jason Newstead (Metallica/Flotsam & Jetsam)
Jon Lord (Deep Purple/Whitesnake)
Nicko McBrain (Maiden)
Linde Lindstrom (HIM)

More info Here - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... cares.html

Corrin24g

Post by Corrin24g » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:49 pm

lookin good sidey, 'whocares' will be interesting

HEAVY1

Post by HEAVY1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 pm

There's two kinds of music - heavy metal and all the crap they play on radio and show on MTV.

Corrin24g

Post by Corrin24g » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Going back in time a bit but I went the first Metallica concert in Auck, was so guttered after going to 2 concerts,(one in chch) I hadn't heard my favourite song 'fade to black'. Anyways went to fly home the next day but weather in Gisborne prevented me from doing so.
So stuck in JAFA land for another day, caught up with some mates that were going to night 2 of Metallica, got drunk as a skunk, decided to get $200 cash out, and stood outside vector arena for about 2hours asking for tickets.
Managed to get as I could hear the heartbeat from 'That was just you life' starting.
Ran in and somehow, got to the front row. (True story) So was going fkn nuts and then this song came on...

BEST. moment. of. my. LIFE

Brutal

Post by Brutal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I really enjoyed the Through The Never version they played in CHCH - was a lot faster (about 2 mins shorter then the original recording) and Roberts Backing Vocals added quite a bit to verse/chorus.

Will post a link to the video when I get back in CHCH

Brutal

Post by Brutal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Bull wrote:I really enjoyed the Through The Never version they played in CHCH - was a lot faster (about 2 mins shorter then the original recording) and Roberts Backing Vocals added quite a bit to verse/chorus.

Will post a link to the video when I get back in CHCH
oh yeah ill have to check it out, really? i always thought jasons backing were waaaay better than robs haha

ben62w

Post by ben62w » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:58 pm

I went to Disturbed on Monday night here in Sydney. Trivium opened for them they were good. The other 2 Open acts dragged on a little.

Disturbed was good though, Prob not sure if id go again?
VC Stratford Scrappers 41s 2010 Season 2.
Indi league champ of champs 2010 62w
Best pairs winner 2010 Miller racing 62w & 22w

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:00 am

ben62w wrote:I went to Disturbed on Monday night here in Sydney. Trivium opened for them they were good. The other 2 Open acts dragged on a little.

You were sitting down, whatd ya expect :larf:

From my experience with heavier bands like Disturbed, sitting down really takes away from the experience. First time I went to Maiden I was sitting and it was ok but I didn't really rate it that highly and wasn't really going to go again. But the second time a mate got standing front section tickets for Maiden for us and it was a million times better. Since then I refuse to sit at a Gig!

ben62w

Post by ben62w » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Bull wrote:
ben62w wrote:I went to Disturbed on Monday night here in Sydney. Trivium opened for them they were good. The other 2 Open acts dragged on a little.

You were sitting down, whatd ya expect :larf:

From my experience with heavier bands like Disturbed, sitting down really takes away from the experience. First time I went to Maiden I was sitting and it was ok but I didn't really rate it that highly and wasn't really going to go again. But the second time a mate got standing front section tickets for Maiden for us and it was a million times better. Since then I refuse to sit at a Gig!

Yeah i wanted to stand. It looked mean down in the mosh but I was with the girl n shes got back issues so was like ah wtf ill sit lol. But yeah i was thinking that.
VC Stratford Scrappers 41s 2010 Season 2.
Indi league champ of champs 2010 62w
Best pairs winner 2010 Miller racing 62w & 22w

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon May 02, 2011 7:30 pm

So anyone going to Disturbed this week?

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue May 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Thought some of yous would like this :B

:crazy: