Help............ please

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
HumbleRacing

Help............ please

Post by HumbleRacing » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:42 pm

ok so this morning while on msn a mate thats in aussie atm was on for somereason and i got sent a file and i accepted it without paying attetion now i think that it is a virus cause when turning my laptop on when i got back from school i couldnt get past the windows starting screen i tryed running repair and tryed running in safe mode but it keeps crashing and i see the blue screen of death :dazed: for like a second then the computer starts again is there anything i can do :confused:

Ratman

Re: Help............ please

Post by Ratman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 pm

can you not start in safe mode???

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Obviously he has started it in safe mode:
HumbleRacing wrote:and tryed running in safe mode but it keeps crashing and i see the blue screen of death
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:58 pm

You could try a system restore?

I can't remember the process to do it though cause its been a damn long time since I last did one

ben62w

Post by ben62w » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:59 pm

HumbleRacing wrote:ok so this morning while on msn a mate thats in aussie atm was on for somereason and i got sent a file and i accepted it without paying attetion now i think that it is a virus cause when turning my laptop on when i got back from school i couldnt get past the windows starting screen i tryed running repair and tryed running in safe mode but it keeps crashing and i see the blue screen of death :dazed: for like a second then the computer starts again is there anything i can do :confused:
Ur an egg for opening that file bro.. My Mrs Sent me one of those the other day lol. Didnt open it obviously but it was signed in as the first part before the @ of her email addy.
Id actually like to know what they are? Does that mean that youve already got a virus? Or its just a bot or what?
VC Stratford Scrappers 41s 2010 Season 2.
Indi league champ of champs 2010 62w
Best pairs winner 2010 Miller racing 62w & 22w

HumbleRacing

Post by HumbleRacing » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Ratman wrote:can you not start in safe mode???
tryed that and no luck it froze then blue screen then restarted >:[ :ffs:
Last edited by HumbleRacing on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ben62w

Post by ben62w » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:39 pm

LOoks like ull needa be reformatting bro. Sounds like a virus i had when i first moved to oz. Just totally F**Ked the pc up. COuldnt do anything. Had to totally wipe the pc n start again.

HumbleRacing

Post by HumbleRacing » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:36 pm

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: >:[ >:[ >:[ :mad: :mad: >_< >_< q-

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Google's your best friend. Can you remember what the file was called? Google it and no doubt there will be instructions on how to go about the best course of action. Blue screen of death thou man? Actually what was the file called "setup.exe" or something sticking out saying "I'm a big bad virus". Totally sucks man!
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:08 pm

as harding said google is your friend...

was there any messages when shutting the comp down or when it would not start... google that...

other option is to use a boot disk to start pc and get access to pc and do a virus scan in safe mode... or a restore

HumbleRacing

Post by HumbleRacing » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:38 am

it was sent as a file but it was like 1mb and it was a phot he said it was of his new computer but as soon as i got the file he signed the file name was 988 >:(

2LO

Post by 2LO » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Your best option no doubt would be to back up your important files and do a system restore. I've had a similar issue before, Made me rage like no tomorrow but in the end did a system restore and got over it :)
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

HumbleRacing

Post by HumbleRacing » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:41 pm

2LO wrote:Your best option no doubt would be to back up your important files and do a system restore. I've had a similar issue before, Made me rage like no tomorrow but in the end did a system restore and got over it :)
i wish i could do both of those things but no luck when it keeps frezzing then shutting down when starting up

2LO

Post by 2LO » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Right your in a spot of bother here lol, You can actually save your files still as well as run a system restore.

Ok as soon as you turn your PC on wait about 2-3secs then push and hold F11 it will bring to to a restore screen which from there u can either do a system restore back a few days or do somewhat of manufactures restore which will take ya PC back to how it was when you bought it.

Try that and let us know how you get on (im 95% positive there's a backup option in there before doing the restore itself)
This Guy is SO Awesome

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Ratman wrote:other option is to use a boot disk to start pc and get access to pc and do a virus scan in safe mode... or a restore

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Except whichever way he tries to start the computer, the virus kicks in and crashes the PC. His only option is the restore point or a full system restore.
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

ben62w

Post by ben62w » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Yeep same as the virus i had. Still to this day have no idea how i got it. But every time i turned the pc on it just opened hundreds of random files. It disabled my task manager. We just had to wipe the whole thing and start again.

steve

Post by steve » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:49 am

Take your hard drive out and manually scan it via another pc . Also its not always virus tht cause ur blue screens an update ov driver will cause it also....

and also its malware thts shuts ur pc dwn virus generally wnt they tend to add them selves to programs so the intruder cn acsess your pc via thea specially made virus.....

First thng i would do is unplug hard drive and graphics adapter and reboot go into bios reset bios then reboot

If you had a decent virus software it should have picked it up the moment you clicked yes AVG free will not save your pc from virus it just removes malware.... got to pay if you want it to remove the big ones....

Blue screen is generally designed to save your pc from a defective part or currupted driver ........ it will still start with a virus unlessd you dont have any protection theafore you shouldnt have a pc in the first place...

Check your parts even a vibration cn cause negative contact with a stick of ram that will cause blue screen ......
if you don't shut up my Makka Pakka Is going To Give Your Upsy Daisy
A Right Good Iggle Piggle Up The Ninky Nonk whilst the Tombliboos Referee!!! (.)(.)

2LO

Post by 2LO » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:Except whichever way he tries to start the computer, the virus kicks in and crashes the PC. His only option is the restore point or a full system restore.
Aaza you need to read!
This Guy is SO Awesome

HumbleRacing

Post by HumbleRacing » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:32 pm

ok so how would i go about that steve?

HumbleRacing

Post by HumbleRacing » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:04 pm

oh and btw this is my laptop im talking about....

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Ratman wrote:
Ratman wrote:other option is to use a boot disk to start pc and get access to pc and do a virus scan in safe mode... or a restore

2LO

Post by 2LO » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:01 pm

2LO wrote:Right your in a spot of bother here lol, You can actually save your files still as well as run a system restore.

Ok as soon as you turn your PC on wait about 2-3secs then push and hold F11 it will bring to to a restore screen which from there u can either do a system restore back a few days or do somewhat of manufactures restore which will take ya PC back to how it was when you bought it.

Try that and let us know how you get on (im 95% positive there's a backup option in there before doing the restore itself)
This Guy is SO Awesome

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Ratman wrote:
Ratman wrote:
2LO wrote:
2LO wrote:Right your in a spot of bother here lol, You can actually save your files still as well as run a system restore.

QFT

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Bull wrote:
Ratman wrote:
Bull wrote:
2LO wrote:

QFT
_b
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall