Bumped up my graphic card

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
krusty

Bumped up my graphic card

Post by krusty » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:29 pm

I was starting to hate every comp tech in a shop that lived in Hamilon...Wanted to upgrade my card and have no idea what i'm doing >_<
Ended up talking to one of my customers who swims at my pool... he said give me your pc and i'll sort something out _b
End result...Gone is the standard 256 card, in went a new 512, no charge for anything, box of coldies for my customer, and now I can run everything on full :eek:
Krusty is a VERY happy old fart :B
Still have plans to upgrade to a 1 gig card...but it can wait a little bit longer now :shy:
Just a happy old fart with a G25
If you cant pass them...Hit them...Hard

pacman

Re: Bumped up my graphic card

Post by pacman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:43 am

Youd be supprised at just how cheap a good 1gb card is krusty and theres bound to be a member in the mighty tron who could install it for y

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:46 am

You can buy my old 1gb card off me, Im looking at a possible upgrade for a couple of games coming out later this year.

krusty

Post by krusty » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:47 pm

I've been quoted $200 for a new Saphire 1 gig card but I need to upgrade the power supply in my system to accomidate the card. No biggy really, Just stoked to be able to run the game WAY better than I've ever had it.
Sill stunned that it cost me $0 :eek:
It's nice to know that there is still some genuine nice guys out there _b (it goes without saying that all of us on this site are legends)
Just a happy old fart with a G25
If you cant pass them...Hit them...Hard

pacman

Post by pacman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:29 am

I brought (although about a year ago) a galaxy 1 gb card for around $140 and a (hmmm cant remember brand) 550w power supply for $100 and both were very easy and painless to install (so long as your forearms are touching the metal case or your wearing an anti-static strap for instalation).
Best websites ive ever used are www.pricespy.co.nz and www.playtech.co.nz
Pricespy is great for comparing items and finding the cheapest price on 1 item and playtech is where i brought my whole new rig from but they do individual hardware and seem to be fairly well priced.

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Shot Krusty, got me a Sapphire 1GB HD 4850 for something like $223 at PB Tech when i was in aucks last, all in the comp and running sweet with standard power supply, will upgrade it though as i know it might go pop haha, runs like a dream now and everything on full easy :D