Copyright And Speedway

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
JNR888

Copyright And Speedway

Post by JNR888 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Fellow Racer's just opening a topic regarding Copyright for Speedway. Here are some question's i have ask in my community that love Speedway. I have brought forward this question to them. ( Do you think Speedway in New Zealand should issue a Copyright breach if posting or uploading via net? ) Most of them are for Speedway to be free. only two disagree which i think is no worth posting cause all they say is ( No Copyright is a law make them pay for everything) Here is some of people's comment's for the ban of copyright for Speedway in New Zealand.

1- Speedway in New Zealand is no wear near Advertised enough and in releasing video's via you tube and forum's to make yourself famous or known is pointless unless your Justin Everybody hates Beiber.

2- Unless you drive the vehicle or own the vehicle then yes you have a say.

3- If your apart of Speedway New Zealand and posting Discussions that are a private then yes.

4- Well if they can make a game with real car's and get away with it. Whats the problem.

5- Most Speedway Photographers,Media. Are calling the kettle black as in Speedway fans that take video's from others and picture's They say no no you can do that. I'm sure they have stolen or have taken Movie's,Music,Games Software Etc once without permission and to those that don't my comment means nothing to you.

6- I reckon people that use material of other's regarding speedway. If they use it in an-inappropriate manner then it should be discussed with that person or person's or removed plane and simple. But if they use it to create views and more fan base for Speedway then i do not see any problem. After all Speedway needs it for track turn out and people say well if we let them do what they are doing they wont get numbers to there events. Wrong! i know for a fact video's are a tease. If you like getting teased then fine but most people like the honey not the toast if you know what i mean. Like this. Think how many Nascar clips,Picture's are on site's not just You Tube and still you see thousands of people turning up cause they love the real deal.

7- it's a joke think of all the times Media have turned up for crashes and never viewed the racing on Tv. Only up until a few year's ago have they started to re-Film and record Speedway and so they bloody well should it's our Sport we have the right.

8- Speed Box Tv anyone? You now can watch it live with a cost.What the? shouldn't that be wrong hope our driver's get a cut of that money.

9-I think Copyright for speedway is if your not in that circle then its wrong, But if you are then jolly good mate take it. Thats a joke.

10- People that dislike Copyright Breaches should think about something. What about You Tube, Or Google ETC shouldn't they be held responsible for letting this happen about Speedway after all they make it possible to do such things.

11- What About the poor? Enough said.

Please excuse any spelling mistakes Etc.

Please note that this is from People i have discussed this issue with. Now its your turn Team.Post your comments. :skull:
Last edited by JNR888 on Thu May 05, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
888 RACING FOREVER -FORD
A ROLLING STONE NEVER GATHERS MOSS!!!

Blenderer

Re: Copyright And Speedway

Post by Blenderer » Thu May 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Not entirely sure what you are on about JNR. Are you asking if people should be allowed to freely upload copyrighted speedway material without consequences? If so then that's a pretty ridiculous question, no offence.

If you are asking whether people should be able to freely upload pictures and videos they have taken themselves then yes they should....
If You Are In Control, You Are Not Going Fast Enough!

JNR888

Post by JNR888 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:46 pm

I am asking if they think it's ok for material that's got to do with Speedway in New Zealand be free. Like a image of a vehicle that someone's taken a photo of.
888 RACING FOREVER -FORD

Hotwheels

Post by Hotwheels » Thu May 05, 2011 4:48 pm

JNR888 wrote:I am asking if they think it's ok for material that's got to do with Speedway in New Zealand be free. Like a image of a vehicle that someone's taken a photo of.
To me it depends on whether the person who took the photo wants it to be or not to.
2011 Auckland Allstar - 9a

Redline

Post by Redline » Thu May 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Most photographers use watermarks. If you want the original, buy it.

They've got to pay for the travel, cameras etc. It's a business really.

JNR888

Post by JNR888 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Blenderer wrote:Not entirely sure what you are on about JNR. Are you asking if people should be allowed to freely upload copyrighted speedway material without consequences? If so then that's a pretty ridiculous question, no offence.

If you are asking whether people should be able to freely upload pictures and videos they have taken themselves then yes they should....
Its a discussion..
888 RACING FOREVER -FORD

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo » Thu May 05, 2011 4:57 pm

JNR888 wrote:I am asking if they think it's ok for material that's got to do with Speedway in New Zealand be free. Like a image of a vehicle that someone's taken a photo of.
That all depends, if the image is taken by a professional who is paid to be there by the club or promotion then they are the sole owner of those images and you then need the person/s permission to use that image for anything. You will also need to Purchase the correct package of the photo to use it online etc.

You then head into the realms of intellectual property etc which can be a big problem with the publics photos that are posted in public forums.

Copyright should be enforced on everything no matter what it is to keep people in professions like photography and film work.

Re the speedbox comment, that's a joke right??
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever

JNR888

Post by JNR888 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Hope you realize i am posting people view's. I am not for it or anti copyright just thought id post some comment's that people have said to me. Keep it coming Crew this is a matter in which mite change people minds on the hole Speedway copyright issue. _b
888 RACING FOREVER -FORD

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Fri May 06, 2011 9:48 am

JNR888 wrote:Hope you realize i am posting people view's. I am not for it or anti copyright just thought id post some comment's that people have said to me. Keep it coming Crew this is a matter in which mite change people minds on the hole Speedway copyright issue. _b
Here is a good read for you and your friends that have their own views.

http://www.speedwaynz.com/copyright_law.pdf

The law is simple, I create the photo with my camera gear I own it unless I am A) An employee or B) Commissioned to do the job.

pacman

Post by pacman » Fri May 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Its quite amusing that a photographer can request money for a print of a photo as its their :intelectual property" yet the race car driver doesnt get paid by the camera man for the use of his "property".Seems to me like the camera guys are making it sweet of everyone else without actually paying any thanks to the owners of the cars.Why should the camera guy be the only one to make a buck?

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo » Fri May 06, 2011 4:00 pm

pacman wrote:Its quite amusing that a photographer can request money for a print of a photo as its their :intelectual property" yet the race car driver doesnt get paid by the camera man for the use of his "property".Seems to me like the camera guys are making it sweet of everyone else without actually paying any thanks to the owners of the cars.Why should the camera guy be the only one to make a buck?
The cars are in a public domain and therefore are fair game to be photographed by anyone. The track photographers are contracted to shoot the cars by the promotion or club. Using your theory if someone took a photo of Mt Taranaki then anyone whos land in that pic should be paid if they sell it. If its in a public domain its fair game. Be aware though if you take a pic at the track and are not contracted to be there and try and sell it, then you are also going to get into the crapper too.
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever

JNR888

Post by JNR888 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:35 pm

CarnaGe wrote:
JNR888 wrote:Hope you realize i am posting people view's. I am not for it or anti copyright just thought id post some comment's that people have said to me. Keep it coming Crew this is a matter in which mite change people minds on the hole Speedway copyright issue. _b
Here is a good read for you and your friends that have their own views.

http://www.speedwaynz.com/copyright_law.pdf

The law is simple, I create the photo with my camera gear I own it unless I am A) An employee or B) Commissioned to do the job.
_b
888 RACING FOREVER -FORD