RIP Craig Harding

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

RIP Craig Harding

Post by Inspector » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Today is a sad day in the history of the New Zealand gaming community with the passing of Craig "Horse" Harding.

I realise most of you won't know Craig, but he is in fact one of the founding members of online gaming, especially in the InSPire Net sponsored community. In 1998-99 Craig along with Riven & I and others from around Palmerston North formed a clan called the [FBI] - Clan (Fat Bastards Inc) and Craig built & admin'ed the first Quake/Team Fortress server that was hosted at InSPire and from this group those of us interested in motor racing (Bazz, Happy, Riven and a few others) branched out and started online racing from InSPire based servers and eventually KSR was formed and here we are today.

Craig passed away today after a long battle with cancer and he would have turned 42 this coming Monday, the 4th July. Friends and family were very fortunate to attend his and his partners (Tina) combined early birthday party last weekend and it was great too look back over our years of friendship both socially and in the serious business of gaming and to ultimately say a last goodbye. Craig has a brother Bruce "Ute Boy" Harding who also was part of the original Clan and he also works at InSPire with Riven and he has worked in the background to help our communities game servers stay up and running and has recieved many calls at night from me when the servers crashed and I couldn't get hold of Riven.

Our thoughts are with Bruce & Tina and their family and friends, and even though they won't read this I believe it is fitting to pay tribute to a great man and a great friend who deserved much more than this short life.

Rest in Peace Craig.
Inspector

---

2LO

Re: RIP Craig Harding

Post by 2LO » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:46 pm

RIP Craig.
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Blenderer

Post by Blenderer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Very sad news indeed, RIP Craig and best wishes to Craigs family.
If You Are In Control, You Are Not Going Fast Enough!

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Heard news from Stone today, thoughts are with the family and those he knew

Corrin24g

Post by Corrin24g » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:51 pm

RIP Craig

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:19 pm

Rest In Peace Craig