SC Logo

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.

Do you like this logo?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm

Yes
6%
No
78%
Don't Care
No votes
Happy needs to buy a new dress
17%

Total votes: 18

Typhoon

SC Logo

Post by Typhoon » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:18 pm

How about this for a new logo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

M

Post by M » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:24 pm

I think the more ideas the better so nice one Typhoon and keep 'em coming.

A logo should be a clearly identifiable representation of who you are, reflecting how you see yourself.

I'd be thinking about what are the defining kind of words you would use to describe Sim Central. I'd object the the logo above on the grounds that it seems to portray something opposite to how I see RSS. Words I'd use would include realistic, humble, serious (but down to earth), on the edge, etc..

I would be thinking about having maybe an oval (as in race track) around the name, perhaps one of those rectangular shaped ones with a straight at each end to avoid looking like the Nintendo logo, and given what we see in sim games, I would be looking at all caps typface and even taking a look at some of the fonts you see in the long-running series and seeing whether there's anything good for inspiration in there.

Taking the track idea further, you could see if it works having a kiwi shaped race track or boat sail (or combo) logo, and checking if you can fit the name inside like you see on spinnakers and NASCAR tracks or along the bottom like a hull or just underneath. Or a fern leaf shaped sail or a fern leaf patterned tyre tread. I personally prefer the last idea which could simply be stylised as a mark on the page, but really this is just to show how you can translate thoughts of what you are about to how to embody that. It could lead you anywhere so you need to stay focussed on who you are and how you see yourself.

Maybe have a kiwi pecking a tyre or shredding a sail if you want some humour to it, but that's getting into mascot material where you have a character that can be doing a variety of things, reflecting the trouble we cause out there on the courses.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:51 pm

Yus I think we need more ideas before a logo is decided :>
I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

A mascot sounds cool, what about a fox ? boom boom !
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

M

Post by M » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:59 pm

Yes, a fox being hunted by stock cars with lots of horses.:)

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:03 pm

I've put up the logo to get some suggestion flying, so well done M.

The poll was if you like it, or the Idea of the Planet, nothing is ever final :)

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:14 pm

What about a drivers helmet with advertising for supported sites on it and put the simcentral as a reflection in the visor? :D