Need a car stereo installer in Auckland

Got something funny or interesting to post? Pop it in here.
Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Need a car stereo installer in Auckland

Post by Prometheus » Thu May 12, 2005 1:35 pm

Any suggestions ? Want to replace my Honda tape deck with a new cd player as I'm selling the car.
YouTube videos

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Fri May 20, 2005 11:46 pm

Its simple to do yourself.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat May 21, 2005 11:30 am

Ended up getting it done at Driving Sound on Dom Rd. I went to an installer because the Honda's apparently have a nasty hook thingy at the back making it a bugger to remove.

An engineer at work installed a cd stacker unit for me in another car at Xmas time, and when I asked him to do the same on the Honda, he just said nope. Honda's are a pig for this.

Anyway, ended up at Driving Sound, $85 for the installation and what they said would take 30 mins took about 90 mins all up :(
YouTube videos

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon May 23, 2005 10:32 am

My old Mitsi Galant (now deceased) was a dog to install a new head unit in. You had to dismantle the entire dash board (I even had to remove the glove box) just so you could squeeze your hand through the tiniest of holes (twas painful) in order to undo the single bolt holding the thing in. At the time I would have gladly wrung the neck of whoever designed that car. In hindsight, your $85 sounds like money well spent.

q-
Don't make me destroy you.